CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
RGHoskins
jdaniel
Three and Out
TastyLicks
Captain9Dragons
SanAntonioCock
Spur's Addiction
AR1
kingofnerf
If TN runs, do they (1551)
Tennessee HC Job (1068)
Anyone see this? Whi (722)
Clemson Fight Club (508)
Waiver being sought (442)
FAVORITE COMMERCIAL (344)
Florida soccer at Da (212)
NCAAF: TENNESSEE @ A (133)
NCAAF: KENTUCKY @ MI (125)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (91)
Tennessee HC Job
WBB - Te'a Cooper
2018 MBB - Jericole Helle
Deebo's return?
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
If TN runs, do they score
Most heated recent rivalr
***Volvo Driving Soccer M
Bowl pick post week 7
2018 MBB Zion Williamson

Old 11-28-2016, 11:50 PM   #1
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 540000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material
Default Must-Eat place(s) in Orlando

Sorry if there's already a thread on this topic, but heading to Orlando this weekend for the ACC Championship. Will be there for one, maybe two meals. What are the best places to chow down in/around Orlando that don't require a dress code? I'll pretty much be in jeans and a Clemson shirt for the game.

Priority goes to steak, sushi, and a damn good burger.

Thanks in advance!

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 12:51 AM   #2
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Must-Eat place(s) in Orlando

Other than the Citrus Club and the Grand Floridian resort casual is as dressy as it gets. If the weather holds ditch the jeans for shorts. There are tons of top notch steak joints. Depends on how much you want to spend. STK is new at the Disney Springs and is supposed to be good. Old stalwarts such as Charley's, Del Frisco''s Morton's, etc never disappoint. Plenty of good sushi places too. If you want to try something different their are man Brazilian steak houses, Greek cafes, Indian buffets, and places to chow down on gator tail. One of my favorites out in touristan is Cafe Tu Tu Tango. It is an artsy tapas establishment. Saturdays and Sundays they have an all you can order deal for $25. For another $11 to $14 you can add on an all you can drink mimosa/bloody mary bar. At night they have some Gypsy entertainment. The gal that does the fire eating is amazing. Particularly so she finishes the act by lighting a strip of fluid from her puss to her knee. I can find deals for many things. For example if you join their free rewards program you can get a nice free sandwich at earl of Sandwich at the Springs. Let me know what you are looking for and I check some out. Here are some local links.

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/
http://www.icflorida.com/

What part of town do you plan to stay in?

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:00 AM   #3
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Probably a cheap hotel somewhere outside of town, it just needs a decent bed and a hot shower on Sunday morning. We're likely driving down on Saturday morning, eating lunch somewhere around the FL/GA state line, then checking in to the hotel, and ubering to dinner and the stadium. Then get up, check out, and probably catch breakfast/lunch somewhere before we make the journey back to SC.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:42 AM   #4
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Tons of hotels in the Kissimmee area. Use your favorite hotel search/discoount site.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 11-29-2016, 09:24 AM   #5
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
Probably a cheap hotel somewhere outside of town, it just needs a decent bed and a hot shower on Sunday morning. We're likely driving down on Saturday morning, eating lunch somewhere around the FL/GA state line, then checking in to the hotel, and ubering to dinner and the stadium. Then get up, check out, and probably catch breakfast/lunch somewhere before we make the journey back to SC.
Exit 3 off 95 south in Kingsland, GA is a decent place to stop for a quick bite. Fast food and everyone's favorite yard sale restaurant...Cracker Barrel
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:26 AM   #6
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

for discounts

http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-disn...tel-discounts/
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:17 PM   #7
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

First off, if you do not have Groupon get it. Use my link and i will get credit. https://www.groupon.com/visitor_refe...e-fffd430067ac. We have absolutely tons of Groupon deals in Orlando. Secondly, if you do not have Ebates get it. Free money for buying tings online like, well, Groupons. My link: https://www.ebates.com/r/THEYAN41?eeid=28187. Buy your Groupons through your Ebates link and get 6%-9% cash back.

After a morning of roller coasters we tried a new place using an Ebates bought Groupon. It is a Brazilian steak sandwich place that has only been open a couple of months. We chose to get ours plated instead of as a sandwich though. We opted for the filet mignon. It was awesome. Comes seasoned and sliced in the Brazilian tradition accompanied with potatoes, asparagus, and other roasted veggies. This was some of the best steak I have eaten anywhere at any price. http://www.steakonfire.com/ We have tons of good full Brazilian steakhouses too including good chains like http://www.texasdebrazil.com/ and http://fogodechao.com/.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 11-29-2016, 09:52 PM   #8
Frosty
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 80280000
Frosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot materialFrosty is USC mascot material

Hit Texas de Brazil for a late lunch and it will be the only meal you need that day.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 12:29 AM   #9
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

Ended up at Chef Eddies for a pregame dinner. Was supposed to meet a buddy and his family there, but they ended up having to park way TF away from the stadium so my friend and I ended up eating there ourselves. Soul food place, but the sandwiches were really good as well. Friend got a burger, I got the brisket and cheddar sandwich. Both of us got sweet tea that had just the perfect dash of diabeetus as well. We definitely loved it. Glad my friend mentioned meeting us there, otherwise we probably would've passed the place by.

The next day, after we checked out of the hotel, we drove around town for a bit. My friend told me to find us somewhere for lunch, asked him how he felt about a burger, and he was all good with it. I set the GPS to Graffiti Junktion on Church St. I had looked up the place on the way down with intention of stopping at some point. We stopped, got a beer and grabbed lunch. I got the sin city burger (stuffed with brie and jalapenos, topped with pepperjack and bacon) and Mac got the mac and cheese on special. Everything was great. Had some guys come in for the NFL games but they talked with us during the selection show. Asked about the game, Clemson and upstate SC, and some other stuff. Great people, had a blast talking with them.

I'd visit both again, but I'd pick GJ over CE given the choice.