CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
spareparts
Three and Out
ShutTheSuccop
carolina_corpsman
GuyInTheGreenHouse
Y Formation
taylorssc
SwampFox
Spur's Addiction
Grad Transfer PG Lin (364)
Describe this offsea (262)
What Are Your Favori (176)
Music Thread: Day 18 (159)
Brian Greene on how (118)
You Decide (45)
Memorial Day (0)
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Describe this offseason i
Anonymous SEC Coaches tak
new D1 projections
Brian Greene on how innov
Grad Transfer PG Lindsey
Lindy's and Athlon's are
2018 Commitment - Maxwell
Last Three Years
‘They deserve it’: LSU co

Old 01-07-2017, 05:18 PM   #1
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 53781483
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default Sindarius Thornwell and PJ Dozier

I wonder if a better job can be done to get their names known on a national level. They are both great players and I think it would help raise USC's national profile if we better exploited their stardom and NBA potential. I wonder what forms that would take but I would assume more social media post about them from our university and local media. Winning games and getting ranked of course will also increase their and USC's recognition but it is never too soon to work outlets into grassroots campaigns and building hype.

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:26 PM   #2
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 8981001
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material
Default Re: Sindarius Thornwell and PJ Dozier

Aww man I thought we were getting PJ Notice lol
Old 01-07-2017, 05:30 PM   #3
CocksOnTop
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
CocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPitCocksOnTop rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
I wonder if a better job can be done to get their names known on a national level. They are both great players and I think it would help raise USC's national profile if we better exploited their stardom and NBA potential. I wonder what forms that would take but I would assume more social media post about them from our university and local media. Winning games and getting ranked of course will also increase their and USC's recognition but it is never too soon to work outlets into grassroots campaigns and building hype.
Good performances in the NCAA and SEC Tournament would do it.
CocksOnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocksOnTop View Post
Good performances in the NCAA and SEC Tournament would do it.
anything we can do or do better before the end of the season?

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
Old 01-07-2017, 05:33 PM   #5
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
January 18th and 21st. Home against UF and @UK. If they want to get noticed find a way to beat both. Even just a W against UF and a really close game @UK would raise their stature a bit. But you find a way to beat both and the media is talking us up in a big way and those two would be getting lots of the attention.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:33 PM   #6
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 8981001
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Keep winning I think in all honesty. We usually hit some funks in conference if we can avoid those and get ranked again then I think mission accomplished here.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:47 PM   #7
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

I apologize if this question seems odd-I think is important to try to capitalize on having good players excel here and use the momentum generated to get other very good players to take more serious looks at joining our programs. Nothing succeeds like success and being a winning program is 80% of the solution. I just hope that outside of winning we are also doing everything we can to talk up this team, these guys and how future stars can find success and national recognition at a place like South Carolina.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:57 PM   #8
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062845361251
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Jesus man nearly gave me a heart attack I thought they were both not going to play or something

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:00 PM   #9
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material

Quote:
I apologize if this question seems odd-I think is important to try to capitalize on having good players excel here and use the momentum generated to get other very good players to take more serious looks at joining our programs. Nothing succeeds like success and being a winning program is 80% of the solution. I just hope that outside of winning we are also doing everything we can to talk up this team, these guys and how future stars can find success and national recognition at a place like South Carolina.
The biggest way to do it would be after this season Dozier jumps to the NBA and is taken in the lottery. It would show top players who think they are 1 and done or 2 and done that we can put them into the lottery and give Frank more ammo. It would be one of those things that would hurt us next year but help us long term.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:03 PM   #10
robgusc76
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Just gotta keep winning. Social media posts dont help if there isnt any traffic and traffic is driven by winning. Today was a good start being on national tv int he middle of the afternoon. Need more games like that. SEC Network BS doesnt get the job done.

On top of that, when the team has those games the fans have to show up. TV will stop coming if the stands are empty.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:20 PM   #11
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062845361251
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
The biggest way to do it would be after this season Dozier jumps to the NBA and is taken in the lottery. It would show top players who think they are 1 and done or 2 and done that we can put them into the lottery and give Frank more ammo. It would be one of those things that would hurt us next year but help us long term.
Why in the world would he jump there this year when he could be a top 10 draft pick even next year?

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:31 PM   #12
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Why in the world would he jump there this year when he could be a top 10 draft pick even next year?
Because of how the NBA contracts are set up. Unlike the NFL your money is capped by your number of years in the league. Getting into the NBA a year earlier starts that clock sooner. Also if he starts getting projected around the lottery the money difference isn't that big between let's say 8 and 18.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:48 PM   #13
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234645173229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Win
Old 01-07-2017, 08:52 PM   #14
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234645173229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Just gotta keep winning. Social media posts dont help if there isnt any traffic and traffic is driven by winning. Today was a good start being on national tv int he middle of the afternoon. Need more games like that. SEC Network BS doesnt get the job done.

On top of that, when the team has those games the fans have to show up. TV will stop coming if the stands are empty.
Fan attendance doesn't drive tv exposure, winning does. Attendance helps our home court advantage and we draw very well when we win. If we win at UT on Wednesday, we will likely have a near sellout on Saturday at home. Nothing increases our home basketball attendance than big road wins.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:03 PM   #15
seamus
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000000
seamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot material

A little off topic, but a sell out would help football recruiting with OVs in the stands. Some real needs coming in the next few weeks.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:10 PM   #16
robgusc76
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Fan attendance doesn't drive tv exposure, winning does. Attendance helps our home court advantage and we draw very well when we win. If we win at UT on Wednesday, we will likely have a near sellout on Saturday at home. Nothing increases our home basketball attendance than big road wins.
They're less likely to broadcast a game on national tv when the stands are half empty and the croud is boring. Its part of the equation, all be it a very small part.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:06 AM   #17
SC Tag
Casual Basketball Viewer

Male

SC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot material

Put good professional highlight reels for them on Youtube.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:36 PM   #18
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

they can really help their draft stocks in the next couple of weeks

Old 03-13-2017, 08:38 AM   #19
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

CockyCash: 500
CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material

It's a stretch to say PJ is great. Nevertheless, stars are born every year at tournament time. It's pretty much up to PJ and Sin to make themselves known with their play.
CoastCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:56 AM   #20
KMac
ಠ_ಠ

Male

CockyCash: 4908600
KMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot material

I have no doubt that Sin is going to ball out. However I have a feeling that PJ's back is still bothering him, so it will be interesting to see how he plays.