CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Wisercock
Blitzkrieg
The Yancey
carolina_corpsman
wincocks84
bassman
Egotistical11
Cockypantherfan
sporkgod50
Captain9Dragons
Ortre Smith (1459)
TJ Brunson (850)
Woman loses her mind (746)
DIY flowerpot smoker (246)
The Godfather explai (152)
NCAAF: LOUISIANA TEC (136)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (88)
NCAAF: FLORIDA @ KEN (87)
NCAAF: NORTH CAROLIN (79)
NCAAF: ALABAMA @ VAN (74)
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
2018 MBB - Simisola "
2018 MBB Zion Williamson
Why SC and Kurt Roper Sho
4 tic for Sale LaTech
Ortre Smith
2 Tix For Sale - Section
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
2017/18 season speculatio
TJ Brunson

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 06:10 AM   #4721
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1400
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017 - Jaylen Twyman

DE Jaylen Twyman of Washington, DC will make his first ever visit to USC this weekend for an official visit with the Gamecocks. *Twyman is being recruited by defensive line coach Lance Thompson and the two are in regular contact.

“We are always talking about me being a difference maker at a*program and all that good stuff,” *Twyman said. *“He likes me for the short side of the field, a three technique and over the nose. *All over the line basically. *They are a great program with down to earth coaches.. *And of course it’s in the best conference in college football.”

Twyman said he became interested in the Gamecocks after his research revealed a number of defensive linemen that the Gamecocks have put into the NFL in recent years.
Twyman said his mom and possibly a few other members of his family will make the drive down with him on Friday. And he has some specific things he’d like to see and experience while on the visit.

“I want to feel the love thru the coaching staff and moreso the players,” he said. *“I want to make sure it’s a family environment before I make any moves.”

Twyman has seen the itinerary for the weekend and it includes attending the men’s basketball game Saturday against Ole Miss and eating breakfast at Will Muschamp’s home on Sunday morning.

Twyman said he’s not going into this visit with any preconceived notion for committing. *He also has visited Pitt and is scheduled to visit Missouri January 20th. *There is not a leader.

This season Twyman had 91 tackles, 8 sacks and 1 interception.

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...rst-usc-visit/
Old 01-11-2017, 08:11 AM   #4722
GamecockTaylor
Realist

Male

CockyCash: 500
GamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudlyGamecockTaylor is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2017 Commitment - Kyshaun Bryan

I'm actually hoping this guy stays, but I don't blame him if he does decommit. People constantly say we're not taking him, recruits being told no RB will be taken this year... I hope he proves everybody wrong that don't want him here because unlike some, with him saying he won't leave regardless of how he's being treated shows that he wants to play here unlike others, and I can definitely respect that. I'd rather have him as more of a change of pace receiver type back than Denson who hasn't seen the field and probably won't ever.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:49 AM   #4723
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockTaylor View Post
I'm actually hoping this guy stays, but I don't blame him if he does decommit. People constantly say we're not taking him, recruits being told no RB will be taken this year... I hope he proves everybody wrong that don't want him here because unlike some, with him saying he won't leave regardless of how he's being treated shows that he wants to play here unlike others, and I can definitely respect that. I'd rather have him as more of a change of pace receiver type back than Denson who hasn't seen the field and probably won't ever.
I like the kid as a prospect but the reason we wouldn't be taking him is you can kind of look like Tyson Williams as a new recruit and we have multiple guys we really like in the 2018 class that the staff feels strongly about landing.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:58 AM   #4724
Rooster'srule
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
I like the kid as a prospect but the reason we wouldn't be taking him is you can kind of look like Tyson Williams as a new recruit and we have multiple guys we really like in the 2018 class that the staff feels strongly about landing.
A bird(Gamecock) in hand is worth two in the bush
Old 01-11-2017, 11:58 PM   #4725
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Apparently he didn't have a good season and is no longer the starter on his team.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:21 AM   #4726
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
As the saying goes, you can never have too many RB's in the SEC. I bet BAMA wish they had 2 Bo's on their team.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:50 AM   #4727
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
I bet BAMA wish they had 2 Bo's on their team.
With every Bo Bama doesn't have, they make up for it with two Bubbas.....
Old 01-12-2017, 07:47 AM   #4728
lakemurraycock
Two Deep

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot materiallakemurraycock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster'srule View Post
A bird(Gamecock) in hand is worth two in the bush
I don't know about that. Sounds like Boulware's thinking.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:28 AM   #4729
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017 - Devonte Wyatt - Georgia

Visiting this weekend.

OV order is SC, UGA, UF.

Gotta like these comments though:

Quote:
Wyatt said while he is committed to Georgia, USC is right there. “They are really even to me,” he said. And could he flip to the Gamecocks this weekend? “It’s possible. They don’t have to show me nothing too much.”
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...visit-weekend/
Old 01-12-2017, 11:29 AM   #4730
92Pony
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 870476
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017 - Catriez Cook

A quote out of an SEC Country article (https://www.seccountry.com/south-car...ecision-plan);

"Gilbert (S.C.) High School running back Catriez Cook is still entertaining the chance to join South Carolina as a preferred walk-on. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound prospect will take an official visit to Wingate this weekend."
Old 01-12-2017, 01:10 PM   #4731
xXSirSpurXx
Starter

Male

xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Visiting this weekend.

OV order is SC, UGA, UF.

Gotta like these comments though:

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...visit-weekend/
If Webb is already on campus (correct me if I'm wrong), he needs to get into Wyatt's ear. Getting him, Sterling and Johnson would be a great way to end the D Line group for 2017.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:57 PM   #4732
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 201000
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Hope he flips this weekend and cancels his other visits. If he doesn't not sure we get him with him still going to UGA and UF.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:57 PM   #4733
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

I agree. But Webb has only been on campus for a week, so he might not be the best salesman for our school. Right now it seems like the best hosts from Georgia are guys like BAW and Googer.

I'm glad he'll be in for the Ole Miss game this weekend.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:10 PM   #4734
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017 - Naytron Culpepper

CB to MSU
Old 01-12-2017, 10:24 PM   #4735
pitchcock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 29769200
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

IMO He's the most athletic DT we've signed since Byron Jerideau.

Some might not say he's a "must get", but I think signing him gets us closer to the SEC title game. He's big, and he can move....
Old 01-12-2017, 10:41 PM   #4736
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 27544
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017 - Jaylen Twyman

Pitt coaches in to see him today
Old 01-12-2017, 11:33 PM   #4737
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSirSpurXx View Post
If Webb is already on campus (correct me if I'm wrong), he needs to get into Wyatt's ear. Getting him, Sterling and Johnson would be a great way to end the D Line group for 2017.
Those guys + Kinlaw would be a massive haul at d line.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:50 AM   #4738
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

Default Re: 2017 - Robert Beal - Georgia

Kinda cool that he's visiting us this weekend and that's his last OV. Maybe that will play in our favor.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:53 AM   #4739
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

would be a big time flip if it happens. After saying that, I don't think he flips.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:02 AM   #4740
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 1000000
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

I will say this...I will put Beal in the same catagory as say a Kinlaw..He is taking a visit to a program for a reason. If he was going out to Cali or some far away campus, I could see him just taking a trip to see what the rest of the world is like.
Like Kinlaw going to Bama for a visit. There is a reason Beal is coming in for a visit. He is weighing his options for sure...