CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Ironfan
Ahmad
Blitzkrieg
SanAntonioCock
Captain9Dragons
GuyInTheGreenHouse
rioninusc
boness
M.C.
Cockhornleghorn
Top 10 DL and WR cla (717)
Not Ranked (481)
Thoughts after 1 ser (446)
247sports ranks Sout (392)
2018 - Darnell Jeffe (386)
IYO, What # of wins (336)
What a horrible week (331)
Kiss of Death on the (210)
Debbie Reynolds tamb (200)
Squirting cucumber (118)
**USC Women (22-3) vs. Mi
Improvements to Gameday a
IYO, What # of wins is re
Way too early 2017 season
Kiss of Death on the Road
Slow your roll and calm t
Past Gamecock Football Pl
2018 - Xavier Thomas
2018 - Zamir "Zeus&q
Scalpers

Old 01-25-2010, 12:35 AM   #41
poppanoggins
tater hater

Male

CockyCash: 500
poppanoggins is making other chickens nervouspoppanoggins is making other chickens nervouspoppanoggins is making other chickens nervouspoppanoggins is making other chickens nervouspoppanoggins is making other chickens nervouspoppanoggins is making other chickens nervouspoppanoggins is making other chickens nervouspoppanoggins is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: QUOTES THREAD :

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked
something.

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Steven Wright

poppanoggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:50 AM   #42
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 54040768
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

There is only so many times per conversation you can say "that's interesting" before people realize how bored you are.

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:27 AM   #43
kre25
TIGER

Male

CockyCash: 25089595
kre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot materialkre25 is USC mascot material

"The will to win, should only be outdone by the will to prepare"

Woody Hayes

kre25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #44
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
"Life is wasted on the living."

"If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now."

"Magrathea's been dead for five million years,' said Zaphod; 'Of course it's safe. Even the ghosts will have settled down and raised families by now."

"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis."

"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."

"'Hey this is terrific!' Zaphod said. 'Someone down there is trying to kill us!'
'Terrific,' said Arthur.
'But don't you see what this means?'
'Yes. We are going to die.'
'Yes, but apart from that.'
'APART from that?'
'It means we must be on to something!'
'How soon can we get off it?'"
Zaphod Beeblebrox

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #45
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 121120
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

"Cynicism is not realistic and tough. It's unrealistic and kind of cowardly, becuase it means you don't have to try."
- I can't believe i'm quoting this but.... Peggy Noonan from and article in Good Housekeeping
Old 02-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #46
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1668234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Sometimes I need what only you can provide: your absence.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage.
- Ambrose Bierce
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:41 AM   #47
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

"There's a fine line between Fishing and just sitting on the bank
looking Stupid" ~ Stephen Wright

"Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail
" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 02-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #48
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1668234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
Dale Carnegie
There is only one way... to get anybody to do anything. And that is by making the other person want to do it.
Dale Carnegie

You can close more business in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get people interested in you.
Dale Carnegie

You never achieve success unless you like what you are doing.
Dale Carnegie
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #49
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 10000000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who do not." - Various Sources

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein

"How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 02-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #50
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 10000000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

"Never assume that your cat knows the difference between her litter tray and the large, square pan of fruit crumble you left cooling on the counter." - Random Internet Poster
Old 02-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #51
usc90grad
Jersey Retired

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Some days you're the windshield, the other days you're the bug.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #52
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 17370507
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

"How much clean air do we need?"-Lee Iacocca

"Earth First! We will log the other planets later." (bumper sticker)
Captain9Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #53
jascock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 100500
jascock has earned his spursjascock has earned his spursjascock has earned his spursjascock has earned his spursjascock has earned his spursjascock has earned his spurs

i would rather die on my feet than live on my knees .... Pancho Via
jascock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:27 PM   #54
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 54040768
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

"What kind of man is Captain Renault?...Oh he's just like any other man...only more so..."

"Yvonne: Where were you last night?

Rick: That's so long ago, I don't remember.

Yvonne: Will I see you tonight?

Rick: I never make plans that far ahead."

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #55
bmccall
legally alarmed

Male

CockyCash: 26001079
bmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot material

"The other night I ate at a real nice family restaurant. Every table had an argument going." - George Carlin (RIP)

I'm a big Ben Franklin fan, myself

Favorite since I was a little kid is "He that lives upon hope will die fasting."

Other Bennie Franks:

"I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong."

"If a man could have half of his wishes, he would double his troubles."

"In order to form an immaculate member of a flock of sheep one must, above all, be a sheep." Albert Einstein

Last edited by bmccall; 03-22-2010 at 05:13 PM..
bmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #56
bmccall
legally alarmed

Male

CockyCash: 26001079
bmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot materialbmccall is USC mascot material

Also this was from a story I read long, long ago when I was doing an Einstein paper back in like middle school that has always stayed with me.

It’s said that one day a colleague of the famous scientist Dr. Albert Einstein asked him for his phone number. The colleague became perplexed when he watched Einstein grab a phone book to look it up. Baffled, the colleague asked, “You don’t know your own phone number?” Einstein replied, “Of course not! … Why would I remember anything I can look up?”
bmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #57
Irish Rose
fear dearg

Female

CockyCash: 500
Irish Rose is USC mascot materialIrish Rose is USC mascot materialIrish Rose is USC mascot materialIrish Rose is USC mascot materialIrish Rose is USC mascot materialIrish Rose is USC mascot materialIrish Rose is USC mascot materialIrish Rose is USC mascot materialIrish Rose is USC mascot materialIrish Rose is USC mascot materialIrish Rose is USC mascot material

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

"You can't kiss an Irish girl unexpectedly. You can only kiss her sooner than she thought you would." - Irish Saying

Is minic a bhris béal duine a shrón. (It is often that a person's mouth broke his nose.) - Irish Proverb
Old 03-23-2010, 08:30 AM   #58
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 1012700
MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material

a race to the outhouse by willie makeit

MACXIMVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #59
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Leela: You know Zap someone ought to teach you a lesson.
Zap: If its a lesson in love watch out, I happen to suffer from a sexy learning disability. What do I call it Kiff?
Kiff: (sigh) Sexlexia
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #60
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Here are some from Nietzsche:

1. People who have given us their complete confidence believe that they have a right to ours. The inference is false, a gift confers no rights.

2. He that humbleth himself wishes to be exalted.

3. The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

4. There are no facts, only interpretations.

5. Morality is but the herd-instinct in the individual.

6. No one talks more passionately about his rights than he who in the depths of his soul doubts whether he has any.

7. Without music, life would be a mistake.

8. Anyone who has declared someone else to be an idiot, a bad apple, is annoyed when it turns out in the end that he isn’t.

9. In large states public education will always be mediocre, for the same reason that in large kitchens the cooking is usually bad.

10. The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.

11. A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

12. We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the way in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us.

13. No victor believes in chance.

14. Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

15. Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.

16. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.

17. The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude.

18. The future influences the present just as much as the past.

19. The most common lie is that which one tells himself; lying to others is relatively an exception.

20. I counsel you, my friends: Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful.

21. Rejoicing in our joy, not suffering over our suffering, is what makes someone a friend.

22. God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight.

23. Success has always been a great liar.

24. Nothing on earth consumes a man more quickly than the passion of resentment.

25. What do you regard as most humane? To spare someone shame.

26. Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil.

27. When a hundred men stand together, each of them loses his mind and gets another one.

28. When one has a great deal to put into it a day has a hundred pockets.

29. Whoever despises himself nonetheless respects himself as one who despises.

30. All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.

31. What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself. What is bad? All that is born of weakness. What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome.

32. Fear is the mother of morality.

33. A politician divides mankind into two classes: tools and enemies.

34. Everyone who has ever built anywhere a new heaven first found the power thereto in his own hell.

35. There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy.

36. The mother of excess is not joy but joylessness.

37. The Kingdom of Heaven is a condition of the heart — not something that comes upon the earth or after death.

38. What is the mark of liberation? No longer being ashamed in front of oneself.

39. Glance into the world just as though time were gone: and everything crooked will become straight to you.

40. We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote