CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
Patagonia
TRBTB
carolina_corpsman
2k15
MountainCock
GregoryHouse
6pack
RGHoskins
Cockygaming
The Double Announcem (1395)
Kentucky favored by (1140)
Letter FROM Tanner (1126)
Call of Cthulhu | Wi (245)
Kentucky favored by 13
2017 Commitment - Jamyest
Commits and Decommits
Letter FROM Tanner
2018 - Josh Belk
2017 WBB - Bianca Jackson
Frank Martin responds to
**USC (14-3) vs. Florida
The Double Announcement P
Branding

Old 05-02-2016, 11:21 AM   #21
xXSirSpurXx
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
xXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2017 Commitment - Kyshaun Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Pair him with Javon Leake and it looks like our RB position is starting to rebuild depth with the potential Freeman and Dowdle bring to the table.
Plus getting Douglas/Moore/Beach to continually strengthen the O-Line will definitely improve the run game
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 12:03 PM   #22
dumpyloser
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
dumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take-a-Knee View Post
Well he knows how to run behind a great O-line .. best I could do , sorry
You need this kind of back on your team. He can just some big runs but his biggest strength is knowing when he needs to just turn downhill and get what he can get.

Some people were applauding his vision, but I think he needs to actually work on his down field vision. He hits his hole quick, but will need to become more patient down field as he gets more touches and matures.

I would expect a big senior year from this guy if he learns that and stays on the weights this summer. Those 5,6 and 7 yard runs are what keeps the chains moving so I'll gladly welcome that, especially with his potential to break it further.
dumpyloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 02:09 PM   #23
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000365601
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpyloser View Post
You need this kind of back on your team. He can just some big runs but his biggest strength is knowing when he needs to just turn downhill and get what he can get.

Some people were applauding his vision, but I think he needs to actually work on his down field vision. He hits his hole quick, but will need to become more patient down field as he gets more touches and matures.

I would expect a big senior year from this guy if he learns that and stays on the weights this summer. Those 5,6 and 7 yard runs are what keeps the chains moving so I'll gladly welcome that, especially with his potential to break it further.
this has been David Williams problem in the past.......vision and patience.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 02:29 PM   #24
dumpyloser
Two Deep

Male

dumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPitdumpyloser rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
this has been David Williams problem in the past.......vision and patience.
Agreed. Hopefully Bentley can help him with that!
dumpyloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:53 AM   #25
J-Man
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 350500
J-Man has feathers coming inJ-Man has feathers coming inJ-Man has feathers coming in

Probably not going to be part of the class per TM. Haven't really heard a whole bunch on him in awhile. Doesn't surprise me and we may not take a running back in this class now with the depth we currently have at the position.
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:54 AM   #26
xXSirSpurXx
Blue Chip

Male

xXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man View Post
Probably not going to be part of the class per TM. Haven't really heard a whole bunch on him in awhile. Doesn't surprise me and we may not take a running back in this class now with the depth we currently have at the position.
Hate to hear that. Seeing his film and the competition he plays, would have been good to add to the depth in the group, but I get trying to open that spot up for other necessary positions (OL, DBs, Etc. )
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:32 AM   #27
theclosersc
Recruit

Male

theclosersc has hatched from the shell

i don't understand why he wouldn't be a part of this class?
theclosersc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 12:01 PM   #28
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclosersc View Post
i don't understand why he wouldn't be a part of this class?
Coaches have apparently backed off. Muschamp's classes generally had a good bit of attrition pre-NSD so this isn't a huge surprise.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 12:05 PM   #29
theclosersc
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Coaches have apparently backed off. Muschamp's classes generally had a good bit of attrition pre-NSD so this isn't a huge surprise.
is this related to the fact that he sees other opportunities for flips or because he tends to back off on the commits as a whole and feel complacent?

I tend to think it is not the latter.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:14 PM   #30
DrDarkMatter
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 740
DrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his comb

If it's true that we've cooled on him, the only thing I can think of is that we are going after a bigger HB or our depth in that position. Turner is a similar back and isn't quite big enough to run in our scheme with only three wide outs. If we are going to run it up the middle most the time we need big backs. I like Bryan though.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:37 PM   #31
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1050987
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

I find it hard to believe we've backed off.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:25 PM   #32
J-Man
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 350500
J-Man has feathers coming inJ-Man has feathers coming inJ-Man has feathers coming in

The reason for backing off squarely has something to do with getting Zamir White in the 18 class. He is going to want to play early and with the current roster he would be able to
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:33 PM   #33
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 400
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Man View Post
The reason for backing off squarely has something to do with getting Zamir White in the 18 class. He is going to want to play early and with the current roster he would be able to
I hope we aren't letting a 4 star RB walk in the 17 class because we hope to get White in the 18 class. Obviously want to get White, but it seems like a long shot.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:59 PM   #34
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
I hope we aren't letting a 4 star RB walk in the 17 class because we hope to get White in the 18 class. Obviously want to get White, but it seems like a long shot.
I Hope it's as DrDarkMatter says, there is a higher up RB wanting to join, but Bryan seems to be a great RB, put some weight on, and he'll be a good 1 2 3 punch with the current RB, and White. Thing about the SEC, can never have enough RB depth. Just get a great OL that can open holes up, and we'll be good to go.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:25 PM   #35
longhaul
Walk On

Male

longhaul is developing his comblonghaul is developing his comblonghaul is developing his comblonghaul is developing his comblonghaul is developing his comblonghaul is developing his comblonghaul is developing his comblonghaul is developing his comb

I have to think if they have cooled that they recognize a need for more bodies in different positions and are going to need that spot in order to address more immediate needs. As the season progressed I am sure some things they thought were going to be strengths ie the offensive line, have shown they need players. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out by NSD.
longhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:28 PM   #36
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 2260
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

I was wondering about the RB depth chart for next season: we already have Dowdle and Turner who have already proven themselves to be solid SEC backs as a true freshman and RS-Fr. We'll have Ty'Son Williams who's sitting out this year and I guess who'll be a RS-So. next season: there have been reports that Williams is the most talented RB on the roster currently, although with what Rico has done thus far, he'll have to qualify that.

Then we'll have David Williams returning for his Sr. yr, plus still haven't seen hide nor hair of either Mon Denson (RS-Fr.) or C.J. Freeman (true Fr.).

Those two have had me perplexed: I know Denson had some sort of knee injury at the start of the season, but it was never reported as season-ending that I ever saw. Neither Denson nor Freeman show up as playing a single snap on the official team participation sheet. I always thought RB was one of those positions that freshmen could play right away as they always bring their skill sets with them from high school, but they haven't even played on special teams this season. Paulk and Talley have gotten snaps in games, and now Dowdle and Turner have become our #1 and #2 backs with neither Denson nor Freeman playing a snap.

So it's been confusing: will they still be part of the team next season? The RB depth is stacked sort of. But I was wondering how Bryan was going to find much playing time with the 3 sophomores having more experience and development (Ty'Son while at UNC) ahead of him.....
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:36 PM   #37
theclosersc
Recruit

Male

I'm just as confused about Denson as you are. With the exception of the injury, I thought he'd be a nice addition to the rb corps. He's a big guy.

As for Freeman, I'm pretty sure he redshirted.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:51 PM   #38
Ace Dilcock
Household Name

Male

Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I was wondering about the RB depth chart for next season: we already have Dowdle and Turner who have already proven themselves to be solid SEC backs as a true freshman and RS-Fr. We'll have Ty'Son Williams who's sitting out this year and I guess who'll be a RS-So. next season: there have been reports that Williams is the most talented RB on the roster currently, although with what Rico has done thus far, he'll have to qualify that.

Then we'll have David Williams returning for his Sr. yr, plus still haven't seen hide nor hair of either Mon Denson (RS-Fr.) or C.J. Freeman (true Fr.).

Those two have had me perplexed: I know Denson had some sort of knee injury at the start of the season, but it was never reported as season-ending that I ever saw. Neither Denson nor Freeman show up as playing a single snap on the official team participation sheet. I always thought RB was one of those positions that freshmen could play right away as they always bring their skill sets with them from high school, but they haven't even played on special teams this season. Paulk and Talley have gotten snaps in games, and now Dowdle and Turner have become our #1 and #2 backs with neither Denson nor Freeman playing a snap.

So it's been confusing: will they still be part of the team next season? The RB depth is stacked sort of. But I was wondering how Bryan was going to find much playing time with the 3 sophomores having more experience and development (Ty'Son while at UNC) ahead of him.....
Freeman redshirted but he was not lighting it up early, so I don't know if he sticks long term. Denson is a bigger back and could get a medical hardship if he has the talent, but he is #5 right now and he may not be mobile enough to be ab everydown back. Maybe a Fullback down the road?

WIth Ty'son added in, we are fine without Mon and/or CJ. There may be attrition with those guys to free up some other spots - Boom has a lot of work to do on the recruiting trail and he can't do it with scholarships to offer.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 03:54 PM   #39
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
I'm sure it won't hurt with White but there is no way that is the reason we're doing it. The reality is we basically add an RB recruit in a manner of speaking in Tyson Williams since he will be eligible to play next season we may be looking at no RB this class and put that spot to a DL or OL. That would be my bet. The coaches aren't going to put all their eggs in the White basket, hell they're recruiting multiple RBs in the 2018 class so they're still working the spot.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 04:05 PM   #40
pitchcock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 29776300
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclosersc View Post
I'm just as confused about Denson as you are. With the exception of the injury, I thought he'd be a nice addition to the rb corps. He's a big guy.

As for Freeman, I'm pretty sure he redshirted.
Seems like IIRC, Denson has had a couple of injuries hold him back. First one may have been a lingering shoulder injury, then he hurt his knee. A couple of posters here El CID was one) were very high on him, apparently when healthy he moves good for a big guy. Be nice to have a big back to pound defenses late in the game.

Freeman...again, out of the far reaches of my memory it was reported quite a while back that he was having problems "adjusting to the college game". Could be work habits, could be study habits, or could be as simple as needing to adjust to the speed of the game.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote