CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Jim Lahey
carolina_corpsman
TaySC
SanAntonioCock
CockyLifer
NinjaSven
Y Formation
PalmettoCockZ71
GoldenSpur7
uscjeremynca
2017 NCAA Tournament (7888)
**GAME #1 USC (15-5) (1543)
Letter from Frank (865)
I Hear ya. .. That t (739)
WHAT THE FRICK (710)
We Want Zion (504)
Spring Game 2017 (501)
Former Gamecock Mike (356)
The further adventur (326)
National Championshi (297)
WHAT THE FRICK
2017 NCAA Tournament:**US
2018 MBB Zion Williamson
National Championship
Silva
Sin Dedicated to Giving E
Screw the SEC, I want to
The Road to the Final Fou
We Want Zion
**GAME #1 USC (15-5) vs.

Old 12-19-2016, 02:07 PM   #81
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 1000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Battlefield 1

It was pretty easy to upgrade the HD on the PS3, and I think the same is supposedly true for the PS4. Ifixit probably has a guide. I think the ps4 pro is rolling with a terabyte HD.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:25 PM   #82
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
I need to finish some smaller games to clear up some HDD space anyway. I really need to upgrade my HDD. Are physical discs just for show? How come my digital copy of Call of Duty Advance Warfare took up 50+GB, but then my physical copies of Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare also take up 50+ GB of HDD space?
Yep the last step is when you are allowed to sell your games digitally, Physical games will go away. Xbox 360 started allowing you to DL the data from the disc a few years after it's release, I think PS3 was doing it to begin with to help with loading times. I always remember my friends PS3 downloading the game before hand. Games are going to continue to get bigger especially with 4k. 4k is pretty much 4x the data that is required for 1080p, it's why companies in the USA needs to get up and get affordable Gigabit Internet Services to every home in the states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
It was pretty easy to upgrade the HD on the PS3, and I think the same is supposedly true for the PS4. Ifixit probably has a guide. I think the ps4 pro is rolling with a terabyte HD.
What's awesome now is SSD's, so basically you can load your games very very fast, the only downside is a TB is arout 200+ dollars where as a mechanical drive is around 50. Does the PS4 still require the length clearance, that the PS3 had?
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 10:10 PM   #83
DrDarkMatter
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
DrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his comb

I'm &ucking lethal..hit me up on xbox one...drdarkma77er....let me know you're from cockytalk.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:11 AM   #84
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

Quote:
It is actually easier to replace the HDD on the PS4 than the PS3. I have taken the whole PS4 apart when I had an issue one time when the PS4 kept ejecting my disc and Sony wanted $150 to fix it. It turns out that my kids had inserted this fake paper DVD into the PS4 somehow and it had become stuck in the disc drive, and it would never take a regular disc. It was pretty easy to break the whole thing down after watching a video on YouTube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
What's awesome now is SSD's, so basically you can load your games very very fast, the only downside is a TB is arout 200+ dollars where as a mechanical drive is around 50. Does the PS4 still require the length clearance, that the PS3 had?
I think they are still the 2.5 laptop style HDDs. I've seen several places with 1 TB SSD for a good bit under $200. I saw an article the other day for the best PS4 HDD replacements for 2016. I will try to find it and link it.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 10:53 AM   #85
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Working on level 10 for the support class.

Imortars
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:05 AM   #86
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

I never play support. I need to so I can unlock some guns. I'm still trying to get assault up to 10 so i can get that gun and the revolver.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:10 AM   #87
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I never play support. I need to so I can unlock some guns. I'm still trying to get assault up to 10 so i can get that gun and the revolver.
I've got all the classes at level 10 except the support. I'm throwin resupplies like Kobe.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:45 PM   #88
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

I threw a grenade at a guy last night and it launched him by my head as i pushed and he was like aaaaaahhhh and kicking flying through the air. LOL.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:31 PM   #89
BigSpenda864
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 466
BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb

Quote:
I threw a grenade at a guy last night and it launched him by my head as i pushed and he was like aaaaaahhhh and kicking flying through the air. LOL.
Nice. I am not very good at all at BF1. I will say that I have only played about thirty minutes of the campaign and three or four games on multiplayer. Plus I haven't played any real multiplayer shooter in god knows how long so I have some excuses. I think I've only killed a handful of people total. Once I can get on and play with you, I am hoping to learn how the game works a bit since I've never played any BF before this one. I think the wife will let me play some tonight so look to see if I'm not on Netflix for a change.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:02 AM   #90
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

Oh I'm not saying I'm good, but it is a fun game. I'm like you, super rusty, but I guess I've been playing this enough that I'm going to have to give up on that pretty soon. haha. If you can snipe in this game (I can't) you can get some good K/D's. But it pretty much features your points/score as the main metric (versus K/D).

Yeah I need to get another ps4 in another room or something.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:09 AM   #91
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

Quote:
Oh I'm not saying I'm good, but it is a fun game. I'm like you, super rusty, but I've been playing this long enough that some of the rust is coming off. If you can snipe you can get some good K/D's. But it pretty much features your points/score as the main metric.
Battlefield has changed over the years with the lens glare. It seems to get brighter every installment. Right now it's basically a "hey shoot at me!" spotlight right now.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:29 PM   #92
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

I played my first couple of games last night. I was playing as the medic so I was dishing out med packs and revives as much as I could. It sucks that more people aren't patient on waiting for the revive before skipping it. I was always middle of the pack and even top 10 in score once. Not a bad start. I'm trying not to focus on K/D like I have dine the past 8 years in COD. The fog is real on some maps but it is a nice element to the game. The desert map that was in the beta is still my least favorite to play so far.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:03 AM   #93
BigSpenda864
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 466
BigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his combBigSpenda864 is developing his comb

I've played almost exclusively with assault. I tried support and scout as well just to check them out. I am planning on getting assault up to a 10 then trying another class, then another. That way I can decide what I like best so I can concentrate on one thing to a point. I am still playing with the default weapons and have decreased the amount I get killed dramatically. I am sticking with conquest right now. I like the size and scope of this game type but the battles take a long, long time.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:22 PM   #94
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

True. Seems like you can hop in domination and get some nice practice high k/d games too. I think the players in conquest are better. I believe that is the main game mode for BF, so it seems to have more people who know what they are doing (and also vehicles). Rush is pretty fun and I think that pigeons is like CTF. They have some hardcore modes on the custom games too FYI.

We played last night and it was fun. Had some good games but got wrecked in the last one.

I've ALMOST got my assault to level 10...finally. I play medic a fair amount. I suck at sniping. Will probably level up support after medic.
Old 12-30-2016, 03:27 PM   #95
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

Me and Yogi got some good games last night on losing teams, but still we were in the top 5 with good k/ds and stats for a couple games in a row at the end. Think I had like 30-10 or something in the last one. Was playing mostly support and driving tanks some.
Old 12-31-2016, 11:47 AM   #96
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

I've been sticking primarily to the medic class. The guns better suit my medium range pkay style. It is also nice to be able to self heal quicker while helping teammates. I do need to spend more time with assault games to try to find a gun I can use well. I tend to like Operations more since it is more structured and concentrated, but it can take a long time if you have two balanced teams fighting each other.
Old 12-31-2016, 03:08 PM   #97
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

Huot is a sweet little gun in the support class.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:19 PM   #98
AtlGAMECOCK
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 964742
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

I just got a 4 and this game. I currently am really good at dying
Old 12-31-2016, 05:23 PM   #99
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
I just got a 4 and this game. I currently am really good at dying
I had a guy who had my number last night. I went 0-9 against him, I finished 24-17. I kept coming after his stupid artillery truck, so most of that was out of frustration. I've seen people go 60-2 with that damn truck.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:20 PM   #100
AtlGAMECOCK
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 964742
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
I had a guy who had my number last night. I went 0-9 against him, I finished 24-17. I kept coming after his stupid artillery truck, so most of that was out of frustration. I've seen people go 60-2 with that damn truck.
I think at one point I had 0 kills and 20 deaths