CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
zappa
GuyInTheGreenHouse
CoastCocky
TastyLicks
2000grad
carolina_corpsman
GregoryHouse
EAtMoRTaYtErz
TaySC
thekob
Is it possible to sl (1362)
How would you feel a (1120)
Add a word and ruin (698)
Who would your rathe (647)
South Carolina fans (565)
Reading Other Messag (556)
We good (511)
Why Each Final Four (427)
The court is ready i (379)
Both MBB and WBB tea (375)
Sin is most valuable Fina
S%^t My Twitter Says...
Oakland Raiders moving to
Hype: Football title vs
Reading Other Message Boa
Who would your rather pla
Bluetooth SpeakerS
Zelda
The court is ready in Pho
How would you feel about

Old 09-28-2016, 10:01 AM   #1
thumpin big
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
thumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPit
Default Ibrahim Doumbia

Doumbia is scheduled to announce his college choice on Thursday 9/29/16. According to Phil Kornblut, Doumbia's only official visit has been to USC. Some are predicting he will choose USC. If he does, he would give USC an athletic combo forward who can score from the three point line on in.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:38 AM   #2
92Pony
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 833094
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ibrahim Doumbia

Not being argumentative, just adding info; According to 247, he officially visited Florida on Sept. 16th. It does also, however, list him as 100% SC over UF, Baylor, UTk, and UTEP.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Ibr...cruitInterests
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 05:35 PM   #3
Spur20001
Blue Chip

Male

Spur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudly

We seem to be in great position with him. If we get him we are beating out some other good programs. Hope to see him in the Garnet & Black.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:30 PM   #4
JDuro
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5000
JDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Pony View Post
Not being argumentative, just adding info; According to 247, he officially visited Florida on Sept. 16th. It does also, however, list him as 100% SC over UF, Baylor, UTk, and UTEP.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Ibr...cruitInterests
According to TBS, he was scheduled to visit UF but ended up cancelling the day before he was due.
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:55 PM   #5
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Let's bring in an athletic wing. Gotta keep recruiting and use Frank's Florida contacts.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:01 PM   #6
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 117177121
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuro View Post
According to TBS, he was scheduled to visit UF but ended up cancelling the day before he was due.
They are listing all the power forwards at each school that has offered him, as what depth each school has. They have us with senior Demetrius Henry, which is disappointing - that's a scout.com-ish thing to do.....
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:16 AM   #7
talon
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
talon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot materialtalon is USC mascot material

Frank just tweeted that he just got a great call about the future.? This young man.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:12 AM   #8
gamecockclint
Two Deep

Male

gamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot materialgamecockclint is USC mascot material

Yep, it's official. We got Doumbia. We have some serious height, length and athleticism now.
gamecockclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:51 AM   #9
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1050987
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

We really needed a a guy of his size. Perfect for the 3 or 4 spot. Wouldn't be surprised if he starts right away.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:48 AM   #10
thumpin big
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

thumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPit

Getting Doumbia and Tut indicates to me that Frank wants to get bigger at the 3 position in the future.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:35 PM   #11
thumpin big
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

We now have one scholarship open for one more recruit. I think we need a guard. I think getting Doumbia likely means that we won't get Claxton, unless he waits until Spring to sign and someone leaves the team to open a scholly.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:56 PM   #12
Spur20001
Blue Chip

Male

Spur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
We now have one scholarship open for one more recruit. I think we need a guard. I think getting Doumbia likely means that we won't get Claxton, unless he waits until Spring to sign and someone leaves the team to open a scholly.
Yep, feel sure our last slot will be filled by a guard.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:32 PM   #13
ChunkSnackwell
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Isn't Claxton pretty much a done deal to Georgia anyway?
ChunkSnackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:21 PM   #14
TwoNotch Dreams
Hot Up In The Met

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think we're waiting on Devontae Shuler
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:19 PM   #15
thumpin big
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

[quote=ChunkSnackwell;4836656]Isn't Claxton pretty much a done deal to Georgia anyway?[/QUOTE

I don't know. Could be. But I don't see how we take him now with only one scholly left.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:54 AM   #16
markymark550
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Welcome to USC! Sounds like he's got potential to develop into a really nice player.
markymark550 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:08 AM   #17
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 117177121
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yep I think both Doumbia and Claxton would play the same position, so I doubt we'd take both of them in the same class.

Anyways, we will be heavily stocked with bigs now, if all things go according to plan and no one transfers out, gets dismissed, or de-commits from us. The 2017-18 roster would include:

Sr. 6-9 Tut
Jr. 6-9 Silva
So. 6-9 Keita
So. 6-10 Kotsar
So. 7-0 Gueye
Fr. 6-8 Doumbia
Fr. 7-1 Cudd

We would have waves of tall dudes rotating into games....
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:32 AM   #18
CapitolCock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 574
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Yep I think both Doumbia and Claxton would play the same position, so I doubt we'd take both of them in the same class.

Anyways, we will be heavily stocked with bigs now, if all things go according to plan and no one transfers out, gets dismissed, or de-commits from us. The 2017-18 roster would include:

Sr. 6-9 Tut
Jr. 6-9 Silva
So. 6-9 Keita
So. 6-10 Kotsar
So. 7-0 Gueye
Fr. 6-8 Doumbia
Fr. 7-1 Cudd

We would have waves of tall dudes rotating into games....
So we will be the University of South Carolina Monstars?
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 06:23 PM   #19
Spur20001
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post
I think we're waiting on Devontae Shuler
Agree. He is probably our top target.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:13 PM   #20
VBCock
Recruit

Male

VBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his comb

I would think two guards would be better.

I'd expect more scholarships to open. Why wouldn't they?
VBCock is offline   Reply With Quote