CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GuyInTheGreenHouse
Blitzkrieg
MountainCock
carolina_corpsman
ccured
kick_ball
SanAntonioCock
donbgamecock
Flameout12
Three and Out
Diamond Deshields le (927)
SEC Football Coaches (746)
Mizzo to rent out do (738)
Archie's take on Jak (557)
Things you've done f (168)
Happy Birthday, Rick (59)
Kiffen Strikes Again (3)
2018 - Jaycee Horn
SEC Football Coaches Appr
Kiffen Strikes Again
Official Baseball Coachin
Mizzo to rent out dorm ro
Diamond Deshields leaving
Dozier Signs With the Lak
Football team at Fort Jac
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
2018 - Israel Mukuamu

Old 01-11-2017, 09:20 PM   #81
kingoftheroost
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100014000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default Re: Branding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schark View Post
That's pretty legit
I definitely think it would work as an alternate helmet but not as the full time look.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:43 PM   #82
Cockygaming
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 744
Cockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockTaylor View Post
Attachment 17321

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try it with a base black maybe red letters/white interior?
Cockygaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:01 PM   #83
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scunyon View Post
Being black for the better part of 43 years, I'm pretty sure I've got a handle on the black perspective. To presume that an athlete will make a decision to go to a school based on their "swag" is irresponsible, insensitive, and insulting. If the case were to be made for kids choosing a school based on nice uniforms, no one would touch Oregon. Bama has one of the simplest uniforms in college football but constantly bring in 4 and 5 star kids so that can't be the draw.

Kids go where they can, 1) play, 2) win, and 3) get to the next level. Uniforms don't win championships, the players in them do. How about just leave the "black kids" thing alone.
i do think all kids in general will go places where there is stuff. so black, white, whatever, facilities help, im sure swag does a little but not as much as it did when Oregon started going all out. I mean free stuff is fun for everyone, not just one race...
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:05 PM   #84
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 499
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Something that would irritate the upstate team.....

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:30 PM   #85
GamecockTaylor
Realist

Male

CockyCash: 500
GamecockTaylor is developing his combGamecockTaylor is developing his combGamecockTaylor is developing his combGamecockTaylor is developing his combGamecockTaylor is developing his combGamecockTaylor is developing his combGamecockTaylor is developing his combGamecockTaylor is developing his combGamecockTaylor is developing his combGamecockTaylor is developing his comb

https://twitter.com/SeviorYT

I've never done a helmet before let alone one at an angle, I don't really care for the quality of it I just wanted to give you guys an idea of what it might look like. I don't know how to just post an image so I had to post it on an old twitter account.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:43 PM   #86
Serg88
Walk On

Male

Serg88 has earned his spursSerg88 has earned his spursSerg88 has earned his spursSerg88 has earned his spursSerg88 has earned his spursSerg88 has earned his spursSerg88 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Palmetto tree? Stanford has a tree for a mascot...
We already use the palmetto logo on the field and it's pretty recognizable outside South Carolina, why not incorporate it as our logo. Maryland uses their state flag on its uniforms why couldn't we do that!?
Serg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:44 PM   #87
Serg88
Walk On

Male

Serg88 has earned his spursSerg88 has earned his spursSerg88 has earned his spursSerg88 has earned his spursSerg88 has earned his spursSerg88 has earned his spursSerg88 has earned his spurs

Quote:

I've never done a helmet before let alone one at an angle, I don't really care for the quality of it I just wanted to give you guys an idea of what it might look like. I don't know how to just post an image so I had to post it on an old twitter account.
That looks really good
Serg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:47 PM   #88
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Attachment 17321

Make that the garnet helmet and I'm down.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:54 AM   #89
Roosterdog
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Attachment 17321

I like that a lot!

Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:09 AM   #90
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 57500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:

Chicken is still the problem, even worse chicken. Just SC. No interlocking.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:31 AM   #91
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 650
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

I like EAtMoRTaYtEr's logo, especially the head-only look - that is identifiable and scary. Still a chicken, but a bad-ass chicken, and we distance ourselves from the cockfighting thing with no spurs shown. Let's do it.

No palmetto tree, out of staters will not understand what it is. Might think it is a marriage-awanna plant or sumthin.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #92
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Giant palmetto and gorget on the helmet would be awesome. I think that is how we should go. So out of staters don't under stand? So what. they don't need to. It looks awesome and it can be recognizable. That is what BRANDING is about. Also, it says "WE are the one that represent this state."
Old 01-12-2017, 08:42 AM   #93
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
I like EAtMoRTaYtEr's logo, especially the head-only look - that is identifiable and scary. Still a chicken, but a bad-ass chicken, and we distance ourselves from the cockfighting thing with no spurs shown. Let's do it.

No palmetto tree, out of staters will not understand what it is. Might think it is a marriage-awanna plant or sumthin.
It's impossible to make a chicken be bad-ass. That is the entire problem.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:06 AM   #94
uscgmck
I'm Baaacck

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Solving the problem.
1 we are the U of SC
2 place the flag symbol on the side of the helmets (this already brands the state nationally)
3 Gamecocks across the back
4 later when we are all dead and gone they will change the colors to blue and white/silver

Sorry to much coffee this morning or maybe not enough
Old 01-12-2017, 11:20 AM   #95
Roosterdog
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
Giant palmetto and gorget on the helmet would be awesome. I think that is how we should go. So out of staters don't under stand? So what. they don't need to. It looks awesome and it can be recognizable. That is what BRANDING is about. Also, it says "WE are the one that represent this state."
That would be cool too. Am I the only one who thinks our brand/logo whatever you want to call it, needs a complete re-do/overhaul? We need a complete re-imagining of our BRAND. De-emphasize the chicken, re-enforce that we are THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA. That's why I like the idea of the inter-locking SC and the use of the State flag. That and our colors could make for some very cool logos/uniform combos.
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:48 PM   #96
Fearless Gamecock
Walk On

Male

Fearless Gamecock is making other chickens nervousFearless Gamecock is making other chickens nervousFearless Gamecock is making other chickens nervousFearless Gamecock is making other chickens nervousFearless Gamecock is making other chickens nervousFearless Gamecock is making other chickens nervousFearless Gamecock is making other chickens nervous

Quote:

I have never been a fan of most of the concept art containing the baseball logo on the football helmet, but I gotta say, that is pretty cool. Even if it was a black helmet, that would look sharp. We need to have a standard logo across all sports for sure. We also really need to emphasize the "garnet", since that is unique.

I am actually a fan of the current logo, but understand it is outdated. We should atleast keep that around for the "classic look".

Fearless Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:02 PM   #97
xXSirSpurXx
Two Deep

Male

xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
I definitely think it would work as an alternate helmet but not as the full time look.
I'm sorry to say this but I only associate that with baseball. Its a cool concept but I don't like it on a football helmet. If we are going to change any logo, just make the Gamecock bigger and remove the Block C. The best and most recognizable logos should be simply enough that a child can draw them (Tiger Paw, Tennessee T, Texas Longhorn, Etc.)

I like the uniforms as they are, with maybe a special jersey like the Wounded Warrior ones, every blue moon.
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:05 PM   #98
xXSirSpurXx
Two Deep

Male

xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

Coaching and Playing aside, the social media could be stepped up.
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:26 PM   #99
Gamecocks0197
Blue Chip

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

1. Win
2. Recruit (goes along with winning obviously)
3. Step up social media presence
4. Have some sort of slogan/marketing campaign and go off with it (I'd love to see "Effort, Toughness, Discipline" more)

Hate to make a comparison to the Upstate school, but this is what they did, and they won a kind of important game a few days ago.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:28 PM   #100
Gamecocks0197
Blue Chip

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

I like how the interlocking "SC" is only used in baseball. The look of it has baseball written all over it, and it's arguably the most successful program we have right now, so I like how it's distinguished and separated from the Block C used everywhere else.