CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
crowcutta
TaySC
lfowens
Ironfan
tcmac08
markymark550
pick6
SanAntonioCock
smoovecock
**USC (14-13) vs. Ge (1426)
**USC (3-1) vs. Wint (1406)
Deebo and Shi Smith (881)
2019 - Taisun Phomma (720)
2019 - Jacob Conover (584)
Hey Yall...Billy Gr (484)
Rebel Rags Suit Alle (393)
Two-Time National Ch (372)
BRITISH INVASION - 1 (260)
Daily Five: Vacated (199)
**USC (3-1) vs. Winthrop
Coaching carousel: 2017-1
**USC (14-13) vs. Georgia
2019 - Quavaris Crouch
2019 Commitment - Rodricu
Tight End U
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
2019 - Jamie Pettway
2019 -Glover Cook- Lousvi
2020 - Leonard Manuel - M

Old 02-13-2018, 09:33 PM   #61
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 10480
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - Zacch Pickens

Can we please kick the clemmy people out of the proving grounds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2018, 09:39 PM   #62
AndersonCock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 3000
AndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPitAndersonCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Can we please kick the clemmy people out of the proving grounds?

You can ban me but Im just as big a Gamecock fan as you are. I just am constantly hearing their shit. Im not asking for sympathy just telling it like it is. I freaking hate Clemson my brother was punched by a drunk Clemson fan at a Panthers game this season because he was wearing a Gamecock hat.
AndersonCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:58 PM   #63
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 10480
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material
Default 2019 - Zacch Pickens

Wasnt even talking about you.

But in a side note, stop with all the damn clemmy talk.

Last edited by SCohioBoy; 02-13-2018 at 10:11 PM..
SCohioBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:30 PM   #64
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

rt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Always negative. As of now if he stays instate he's a Gamecock. Things can obviously change, it is recruiting after all, but we're in good shape here.
We thought the same about Thomas from Florence, and ya seen how that worked out. Pickens is from close to Pickens, gonna be hard to reel him to Cola.
rt3891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:58 PM   #65
AmonRa777
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt3891 View Post
We thought the same about Thomas from Florence, and ya seen how that worked out. Pickens is from close to Pickens, gonna be hard to reel him to Cola.
What does Thomas recruitment have to do with Pickens?? Are you advancing some theory of transitive negatives?
AmonRa777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:15 PM   #66
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Pickens is a very bright kid, Thomas not so much.....big difference.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:47 AM   #67
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
You can ban me but Im just as big a Gamecock fan as you are. I just am constantly hearing their shit. Im not asking for sympathy just telling it like it is. I freaking hate Clemson my brother was punched by a drunk Clemson fan at a Panthers game this season because he was wearing a Gamecock hat.
You're in complete control of what you let impact you and how it impacts your thinking. If you're weak minded and allow shit talk to impact your view on things that's your problem. We're in good shape in this recruitment right now, that doesn't mean anything come NSD but there isn't a team I'd trade positions with as of today when it comes to Pickens.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:20 AM   #68
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Completely different personalities and situations.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:27 AM   #69
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 200
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Right now we are in good shape. That's all we can ask for at this point. Kid is a year away from announcing.
Ironfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:49 AM   #70
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
Right now we are in good shape. That's all we can ask for at this point. Kid is a year away from announcing.
AndersonCock if you are from Anderson - I am and have friends that teach at TLH, you should know that a lot of those kids from TLH go to SC. Its NOT a Clemson School at best its probably more like 50/50 since Clemson won their NC. Chuck Allen who is a BOT graduated from TLH and will certainly help SC here. Also keep in mind that Wynn would have been a Gamecock if he could have gotten his Dads ego out of the way which will not be the case with Pickens.

Last edited by USCBASEBALL1; 02-14-2018 at 02:36 PM..
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:50 AM   #71
appcenter52
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
appcenter52 is developing his combappcenter52 is developing his combappcenter52 is developing his combappcenter52 is developing his combappcenter52 is developing his combappcenter52 is developing his combappcenter52 is developing his combappcenter52 is developing his comb

I live in Anderson and have as close ties to TLH as anyone. He is not going to Clemson. This is likely a USC/UGA battle down the stretch.
appcenter52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:34 AM   #72
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 940058
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

I have traveled in and out of Anderson for a long time and it is funny how it seems there are more Jawja fans and grads in Anderson than there are klempzun people. We have signed a few kids our of TLH so we do have a shot I would think.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:52 PM   #73
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13862
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

I agree that UGA will be tough, just like they were with Wynn. It is not that far away and they are the current darling, coming within an eyelash of the title, being #1 in the playoff rankings during the season and landing the #1 recruiting class.

Clemson fans will not like it, but UGA has passed them as the hot destination - the title is a year old now and a recruit's last memory of Clemson will be the Alabama game. Ouch. UGA has top-notch facilities also, and are a larger school in a better conference.

But we have a lot to sell too. Steady improvement, a real Ops Center coming on line, dedicated to football as opposed to a combo Fun Park/Daycare Center. Competitive games/wins versus Clemson and UGA this year will take care of the "hot destination" factor, and might even make us the "hot destination".

PFW, the point with Clemson's depth chart is that there are two 5* DEs that will have experience when Pickens gets there, plus two Top 100 4*, plus two other 4* Top 200 guys. DT is not nearly as loaded - I notice that you keep wanting to spin the situation by talking D Line instead of DE - with no 5* players, and Belk the highest-rated guy.

The Clemson coaching staff knows those numbers and are thinking that they need Pickens at DT. Hopefully, Pickens realizes that also, since he wants to stay at DE.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:39 PM   #74
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
I agree that UGA will be tough, just like they were with Wynn. It is not that far away and they are the current darling, coming within an eyelash of the title, being #1 in the playoff rankings during the season and landing the #1 recruiting class.

Clemson fans will not like it, but UGA has passed them as the hot destination - the title is a year old now and a recruit's last memory of Clemson will be the Alabama game. Ouch. UGA has top-notch facilities also, and are a larger school in a better conference.

But we have a lot to sell too. Steady improvement, a real Ops Center coming on line, dedicated to football as opposed to a combo Fun Park/Daycare Center. Competitive games/wins versus Clemson and UGA this year will take care of the "hot destination" factor, and might even make us the "hot destination".

PFW, the point with Clemson's depth chart is that there are two 5* DEs that will have experience when Pickens gets there, plus two Top 100 4*, plus two other 4* Top 200 guys. DT is not nearly as loaded - I notice that you keep wanting to spin the situation by talking D Line instead of DE - with no 5* players, and Belk the highest-rated guy.

The Clemson coaching staff knows those numbers and are thinking that they need Pickens at DT. Hopefully, Pickens realizes that also, since he wants to stay at DE.
I agree to some extent on Georgia but Georgia has always recruited better than SC and almost always better than even Clemson. Let's see how Kirby build his Team he looked great handing the ball off to Richts guys.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:11 PM   #75
garnet&black1998rn
Starter

Male

garnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCock View Post
You can ban me but I’m just as big a Gamecock fan as you are. I just am constantly hearing their shit. I’m not asking for sympathy just telling it like it is. I freaking hate Clemson my brother was punched by a drunk Clemson fan at a Panthers game this season because he was wearing a Gamecock hat.
Do what I do in N Augusta ...tell them to take that shit upstate and stuff it up their asses, just like I tell uga fans to take their crap to Athens. Shoulda pissed on his family before ya left the parking lot. they really appreciate that .

Last edited by garnet&black1998rn; 02-14-2018 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: its a tater thing
garnet&black1998rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:46 PM   #76
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 8400
nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet&black1998rn View Post
Do what I do in N Augusta ...tell them to take that shit upstate and stuff it up their asses, just like I tell uga fans to take their crap to Athens. Shoulda pissed on his family before ya left the parking lot. they really appreciate that .
Starting to understand why I get along with my Clemson buddies and some of you guys don't. If anything the rivalry adds to the fun I have around Clemson fans - it's a good conversation starter if you're level headed about it and acknowledge that the ribbing is in good fun on both sides.

I highly doubt someone randomly punched another individual solely over wearing a school's apparel, unless they really are trash from the bottom of the barrel.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #77
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13862
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
I agree to some extent on Georgia but Georgia has always recruited better than SC and almost always better than even Clemson. Let's see how Kirby build his Team he looked great handing the ball off to Richts guys.
That is because Georgia doesn't really have any in state competition, and there is twice as much talent in Georgia than there is in South Carolina.

This is the first year that I can remember when Georgia has gotten a lot of high rated out-of-state prospects. If they continue to do that, then they will be trouble. We have done pretty well against them when they have just gotten the in-state Georgia guys.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:46 PM   #78
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

rt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by appcenter52 View Post
I live in Anderson and have as close ties to TLH as anyone. He is not going to Clemson. This is likely a USC/UGA battle down the stretch.
So according to your sources, Clem$on isnt a factor?
Old 02-14-2018, 09:49 PM   #79
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
So according to your sources, Clem$on isnt a factor?
They're a factor but they're also definitely trailing USC and UGA at this point.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:56 PM   #80
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
They're a factor but they're also definitely trailing USC and UGA at this point.
247 is saying 50/50 with Tiger$ right now, not sure when the CBs were made.