CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
6pack
Captain9Dragons
GoldenSpur7
Blitzkrieg
Ironfan
2k15
gotrice?
Cockygaming
Order 66
rioninusc
Anybody worried abou (878)
MBB recruiting. Shoo (645)
T. Blanton & NCA (546)
David Reaves Busted (344)
Nasirildeen Decommit (179)
An Assessment of Whe (76)
UCONN in February? (68)
Attendance this week (59)
UCONN in February?
An Assessment of Where We
T. Blanton & NCAA Hop
2018 - Xavier Thomas
Attendance this week
Commits and Decommits
NFL Playoffs 2017
Discussion: 2017 Recruiti
2017 Commitment - Jamyest
2017 - Naytron Culpepper

Old 01-12-2017, 09:28 PM   #21
LuckyCharm
Clowney's huge sack

Male

CockyCash: 500
LuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talonsLuckyCharm has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2018 - Dorian Thompson-Robinson

he seems to be pretty excited about the offer and considering how many offers we've extended since offering joyner, i'm not sold that he's the first priority for the staff, though i think there are a lot of reasons not to want him to go elsewhere
LuckyCharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:00 AM   #22
Cockygaming
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 744
Cockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudly

Pretty sure I read somewhere that they plan to take 2 QBs in 2018. Not 100% sure and can't remember where. I know we are only taking Urich in 17, but pretty sure it is 2 in 18.
Cockygaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:23 AM   #23
Ace Dilcock
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockygaming View Post
Pretty sure I read somewhere that they plan to take 2 QBs in 2018. Not 100% sure and can't remember where. I know we are only taking Urich in 17, but pretty sure it is 2 in 18.
I would be happy with only Joyner and I would think that offering just one would be a selling point. I am not sure that we need to go from 3 to 5 - we can always add one or two in 2019 to keep the numbers up.

Barring transfer or an early jump to the NFL, we will have Bentley and McIlwain through the 2019 season, so we will still have the 2019 and 2020 classes to find additional depth.

OTOH, if we are not sure about Joyner, or we have a good shot at this guy due to being from Columbia, and he is really good...
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:34 AM   #24
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
I would be happy with only Joyner and I would think that offering just one would be a selling point. I am not sure that we need to go from 3 to 5 - we can always add one or two in 2019 to keep the numbers up.

Barring transfer or an early jump to the NFL, we will have Bentley and McIlwain through the 2019 season, so we will still have the 2019 and 2020 classes to find additional depth.

OTOH, if we are not sure about Joyner, or we have a good shot at this guy due to being from Columbia, and he is really good...
I think the way this year played out the staff just has to be ready for a transfer so they need to take 2 just in case. If we can make it 2 extremely talented QBs that just makes life even better.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 02:50 PM   #25
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Would be an interesting get.
He and Joyner seem very similar....either would be solid....it would be good to get some type of connection at Bishop Gorman.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:13 PM   #26
xXSirSpurXx
Blue Chip

Male

xXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPitxXSirSpurXx rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Would be an interesting get.
He and Joyner seem very similar....either would be solid....it would be good to get some type of connection at Bishop Gorman.
I think we will have to build a much stronger connection with him if we expect to land him over the West Coast/ PAC 12 schools looking at him. Think either Joyner or him would be great adds to the team, I see Joyner as a much more likely possibility with DTR as the 1B option in case Joyner looks harder at Louisville.
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:40 AM   #27
Three and Out
Recruit

Male

Three and Out is sharpening his clawsThree and Out is sharpening his clawsThree and Out is sharpening his clawsThree and Out is sharpening his claws

I saw where he had family from SC.

I think we offered another player on his team.

I called Boom and volunteered to go to Vegas numerous times to help recruit him. Just waiting to see the amount Tanner will reimburse me for "various expenses".
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:35 PM   #28
Ace Dilcock
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
I saw where he had family from SC.

I think we offered another player on his team.

I called Boom and volunteered to go to Vegas numerous times to help recruit him. Just waiting to see the amount Tanner will reimburse me for "various expenses".
Speaking from my own experience, whatever amount Tanner gives you for "various expenses", it won't be enough. Vegas has a way of costing the amount that you have in your wallet , plus maxing out your credit card limits.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:39 PM   #29
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
Speaking from my own experience, whatever amount Tanner gives you for "various expenses", it won't be enough. Vegas has a way of costing the amount that you have in your wallet , plus maxing out your credit card limits.
"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Except for herpes, that shit comes back with you."
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:16 PM   #30
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

Absfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPit

Nice opportunity, a good QB is mandatory so I have no problem with two offers a year. If you got what it takes, you'll play.
Absfract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:05 PM   #31
Three and Out
Recruit

Male

Three and Out is sharpening his clawsThree and Out is sharpening his clawsThree and Out is sharpening his clawsThree and Out is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absfract View Post
Nice opportunity, a good QB is mandatory so I have no problem with two offers a year. If you got what it takes, you'll play.
Yea, taking just one each year is too risky. So many negative things can happen out of your control. But both need to be good fits.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote