CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
kick_ball
AndersonCock
carolina_corpsman
CockNJersey
MountainCock
Order 66
SwampFox
Canefaninsc
Spur's Addiction
VERY interesting. E (1849)
tv refresh rate for (453)
USC Bowl pick plus a (436)
Mike Ayers Retires (262)
2019 Desmond Little (229)
2020 - Kevin Swint (212)
CHRISTMAS MUSIC THRE (141)
Official Gamecock Ta (128)
OK...the RRHoF is ju (0)
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
The Trip to Tampa
Thoughs On Men's BB At Ex
2018 - KJ Henry
Bentley Offensive Philoso
Mike Ayers Retires
2018 - Channing Tindall
2020 - Kevin Swint
2019 Desmond Little
2019 - Quavaris Crouch

Old 12-08-2017, 08:52 AM   #501
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 10480
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tennessee is burning

I don’t think this hire gets Tennessee back to fighting for the east. Feels more like a puppet hire for Phil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2017, 09:31 AM   #502
cockylaw
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his combcockylaw is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
I don’t think this hire gets Tennessee back to fighting for the east. Feels more like a puppet hire for Phil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could be anywhere from a great hire to a horrible hire.

Only time will tell.
cockylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:57 PM   #503
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 22185
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I hate it but Pruitt will do well. Good coach that can recruit his ass off. If he gets him a solid hire at OC, UT will see results in year 1. Losses to Vandy and KY will dissapear immediately...
If he makes a better OC hire than Muschamp, so will the one to SC...
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:11 PM   #504
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockylaw View Post
As a UT fan, do you consider the program to be in a rebuild? After going 0-8 in conference play, it's hard to argue otherwise. Its also hard to imagine a program of UT's historic stature ever having to rebuild.

Will be interesting to see how the hire pans out. I'm sure UT is hoping for Kirby Smart type results, but Smart took over a pretty talent-rich team. And one that was laughably loaded at RB. Pruitt won't be walking into that good of a situation I don't think.
It's certainly a significantly bigger rebuild then UGA was when Smart took over and slightly better then SC when Muschamp took over.

I know we went 0-8 this season but we had more talent then probably 4 or 5of the teams we lost to in the SEC this season. So I think this is probably a 8-4 or so type roster with normal coaching next season. The problem is year 1 for a new coach is usually rough because personalities clash, personnel doesn't fit ECT. So I will be happy with 6-6 in year 1.

But with how Pruitt and this monster staff he is putting together could potentially recruit we should be up around 9-3 by year 2 and hopefully contending for the East by year 3 and beyond.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:13 PM   #505
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAGamec0ckFan View Post
If he makes a better OC hire than Muschamp, so will the one to SC...
We hired Helton from OC who calls plays for Southern Cal and was OC at WKU under Brohm.

He has an awesome scheme and it should be really fun to watch.

Not sure we have a QB good enough to run it though....

Our staff is almost already finished.

OC - Helton
OL - Friend
RB - Gillespie
WR - (talks of your WR coach but not finalized)

DC - Sherrer from UGA
DL - Rumph
LB - Rocker
DB - Terry Fair
Old 12-08-2017, 03:30 PM   #506
UTVOLS
Get Schwifty.

Male

UTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot materialUTVOLS is USC mascot material

I will be happy making a bowl in year one. Recruiting and actual development will take care of the rest.

We have surface talent, but no real depth at any position. Our OL is in shambles minus Trey Smith.

UTVOLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:46 PM   #507
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11400
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

“Tennessee’s main challenge is that, within the four corners of the MOU, it does not make it clear that the Chief Financial Officer’s signature on the document is a condition precedent for the MOU to be binding on the parties,” he states. “As Director of Athletics, one would presume that Currie has the ability to bind the University to such a contract, and a court of law may be stuck with determining whether University policy on the matter, which may require others’ signatures, is relevant to the enforceability of the document.”

If it is determined that the MOU was in fact binding, Tennessee would have to pay a significant portion of the guaranteed money amount to which it and Schiano agreed.
The MOU “states that the University of Tennessee may, in its sole discretion, terminate the MOU without cause and provide Schiano 75% of the base pay and supplemental pay as stated in the document. The MOU would have paid Schiano $27.7 million over the span of six years.”

That would equate to Tennessee paying Schiano roughly $21 million.

I would be elated if this were to happen to VolNation!
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM   #508
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
LOSER: TENNESSEE
In the end, Tennessee ended up with an inferior coach, an overmatched athletic director and setting a new standard for a disastrous coaching search. The hires that former athletic director John Currie was on the cusp of making – Greg Schiano and Mike Leach – are exponentially more accomplished and better qualified for the Tennessee job. But Phil Fulmer’s power play ended up with him in control as athletic director and Alabama defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt as coach. Pruitt is just inexperienced enough that Fulmer will be able to keep sticking his nose in the program, which is what he’s wanted since he was run out of the job nearly a decade ago. (The classic clueless Fulmer moment was treating the press conference to dismiss Currie like he’d just been hired as coach again, as his tone – including introducing his family in attendance – showed a stunning lack of self-awareness.) Opposing SEC athletic directors, by the way, are giddy to have Fulmer in charge as his administrative acumen presents little threat to the rest of the league. Expect Tennessee’s glory to remain faded.
https://sports.yahoo.com/biggest-win...023134340.html

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM   #509
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 1271336615
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Wasn’t that press conference to introduce him as head coach as well?

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM   #510
DrZyn
El Logical

Male

CockyCash: 201412
DrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot material

UT will be changing mascots from Smokey to the Phoenix rising from the dumpster fire. Gone is the trash can on the sideline but they are adding a dumpster.
Old Today, 12:59 AM   #511
CapitolCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
This was exactly my point. Tennessee needs more than a football coach to right the ship.
CapitolCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:31 AM   #512
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Thamel so Salty his boy Currie crashed and burned.

This is absolute garbage and I can promise you that!

Thanks!
Old Today, 05:23 PM   #513
TaySC
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 15000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

As I figured they would, TN ended up with a better hire than half of the people that had turned them down during this 12+ person hiring disaster.

Having said that, absolutely nothing about this coaching hire or staff should concern UGA or USC fans IMO.
TaySC is online now   Reply With Quote