CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TaySC
MountainCock
Spur's Addiction
tcmac08
spurman14
thumpin big
ConwayGamecock
GregoryHouse
BrutusJ
Blitzkrieg
**GAME #2 USC (0-1) (2540)
**USC (13-13) vs. Au (2101)
Kory Holden is gone (1152)
Need some legal advi (530)
Lost My Car Keys (203)
external hard drive (90)
**USC (13-13) vs. Auburn
Well this is depressing
Kory Holden is gone
2020 - Mecose Todd
**GAME #2 USC (0-1) vs. V
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
2018 Football Season - Re
**GAME #1 USC vs. VMI Thr
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
external hard drive for X

Old 02-05-2018, 04:00 PM   #21
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: Amtrax Crash in Cayce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
How far would the site be from Summerland Drive. My Grandmother's lived in that area.
According to Google Maps, from Summerland Drive to the point where the
crash happened is almost 3 and a half miles ( 3.45 using the distance guide
on G/maps )
Old 02-05-2018, 04:04 PM   #22
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Thank you. Both my parents were raised in that part of Cayce. I know it very well and miss it, too.

The long walks down to the tracks were awesome as a kid with my dad. He found arrow heads around there all the time. That's a very cool part of Cayce.

Hate to hear about this crash. Prayers to all the families and people affected.
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:14 PM   #23
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 1001856
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

My senior year at USC I rented a house on Summerland Dr.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:40 PM   #24
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

The engineer of an Amtrak train sounded his horn for three seconds and eventually hit the emergency brake, slowing the train to 50 mph before it slammed head-on into a freight train near Columbia, S.C., federal investigators said Monday.

The impact of the crash early Sunday was so intense that it moved the empty CSX freight train 15 feet from where it was parked on tracks adjacent to the main rail line, according to Robert Sumwalt, chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board, which is investigating the crash. The Amtrak train's conductor and engineer were killed, and 116 others were hospitalized.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nt...xUd?li=BBnbfcL

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote