CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
crowcutta
TaySC
lfowens
SanAntonioCock
Ironfan
tcmac08
Spur's Addiction
markymark550
spareparts
**USC (14-13) vs. Ge (1986)
**USC (3-1) vs. Wint (1802)
Deebo and Shi Smith (971)
2019 - Taisun Phomma (763)
2019 - Jacob Conover (615)
Hey Yall...Billy Gr (546)
Rebel Rags Suit Alle (425)
Two-Time National Ch (415)
Tight End U (345)
BRITISH INVASION - 1 (313)
**USC (14-13) vs. Georgia
Coaching carousel: 2017-1
2019 Commitment - Rodricu
2019 - Calijah Kancey
**USC (3-1) vs. Winthrop
Spring Game announced
Daily Five: Vacated Wins?
2019 - Quavaris Crouch
Tight End U
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti

Old 01-20-2018, 08:50 PM   #41
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Well the flu test was negative. But we've got one sick little boy on our hands. Fever of 103, sore throat, no appetite cant keep anything down. poor guy.
The CDC lists both the flu and ILI (Influenza Like Illness) as epidemic and recommends recommends Tamiflu immediately regardless of testing.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:33 PM   #42
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 1001856
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Back at work today. still have a lingering cough but otherwise I feel fine. Friday afternoon I had my last fever, which I slept off with about a 3 hour nap. That seemed to be the last of it. But I I was tired took it easy the rest of the weekend just to be sure I didn't re-lapse.

Kids back in school today as well. All told it was over a week from when the first person in our family came down with symptoms. Yesterday was nice a warm day so we opened all the windows in the house to air out the pestilence.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:00 PM   #43
LBC
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 5500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

I just got back from Grand Cayman on Friday...guy on the plane back was coughing like he had the Ebola virus...this morning at 4:30 my daughter started throwing up...projectile vomiting all over the place...took her to the doctor and she has been either sleeping or throwing up on and off all day...very concerned about her becoming dehydrated...no fever...2:30 this afternoon my son calls from school with a temp of 101.5...headache...sore throat...body aches...wife is at the doctor with him as I type this...to make this return home all the better...on Saturday I was taking the recycling out and missed a step in my garage...not exactly sure what I hit but I thought I had broken my femur...was down for a good ten minutes...went to the doctor to get an X-ray...not broken...thank god...but couldn't walk without crutches until this morning...getting up and down off the toilet is an undertaking and I couldn't do a squat thrust if you had a gun to my kids head...my work has even thrown me two different curve balls just today...I'm sorry if I pissed off the universe by having such a good time in Cayman last week but I swear I'm sorry for whatever I did...I swear!!!
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:10 PM   #44
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 101600600
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
I just got back from Grand Cayman on Friday...guy on the plane back was coughing like he had the Ebola virus...this morning at 4:30 my daughter started throwing up...projectile vomiting all over the place...took her to the doctor and she has been either sleeping or throwing up on and off all day...very concerned about her becoming dehydrated...no fever...2:30 this afternoon my son calls from school with a temp of 101.5...headache...sore throat...body aches...wife is at the doctor with him as I type this...to make this return home all the better...on Saturday I was taking the recycling out and missed a step in my garage...not exactly sure what I hit but I thought I had broken my femur...was down for a good ten minutes...went to the doctor to get an X-ray...not broken...thank god...but couldn't walk without crutches until this morning...getting up and down off the toilet is an undertaking and I couldn't do a squat thrust if you had a gun to my kids head...my work has even thrown me two different curve balls just today...I'm sorry if I pissed off the universe by having such a good time in Cayman last week but I swear I'm sorry for whatever I did...I swear!!!

Dude....sounds like you and your family need some good vibes and prayers...get well man
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:11 PM   #45
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 32001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurmanCock View Post
Lonnie, hoping your boy feels better soon.
He's on the upswing He's out of school and I'm playing Mr. Mom. I had meals on wheels today and he rode with me. He stayed in the car wearing a mask and watching cars3.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:29 PM   #46
uscgmck
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

I want to post that I have been taking the flu shot for over 10 years after open heart surgery (6 bypasses) and have never had the flu. However I am afraid to tempt fate.

uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:31 PM   #47
Master Bedroom
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Dang man....glad y'all had a good trip, but that is a rough homecoming
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 05:31 PM   #48
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmck View Post
I want to post that I have been taking the flu shot for over 10 years after open heart surgery (6 bypasses) and have never had the flu. However I am afraid to tempt fate.
And I'm the opposite. Never have I taken a flu shot. I haven't had the flu since I was 7 years old. I'm 43.

(knocking on wood as I type)
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:16 PM   #49
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
I just got back from Grand Cayman on Friday...
Did you manage to chow down on a good turtle steak while there?

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 01-22-2018, 06:30 PM   #50
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 1001856
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
He's on the upswing He's out of school and I'm playing Mr. Mom. I had meals on wheels today and he rode with me. He stayed in the car wearing a mask and watching cars3.

Glad hes better. This flu is no joke. And its especially concerning with all these otherwise healthy people dying from it.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:58 PM   #51
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmck View Post
I've had the flu shot for the last few years as well and this one got me. I don't think this year's shot has done a good job of preventing these strains.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:42 PM   #52
LBC
1st Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Did you manage to chow down on a good turtle steak while there?
It was on the menu at Tukka on the East End but we skipped it...the Kangaroo sausage as well...even though 'Kanga-Banga' is a great name for a banger made from Kangaroo...just not a big reptile eater.

We did get some lionfish ceviche and tacos there that were really pretty great.

Good spot that I would highly recommend to anyone headed to GC.

UPDATE: Daughter is now running a fever...101.5...so my wife is back at the emergency care hopefully getting her on Tamiflu...son is already on it. Was told to stay out the entire week and wear a mask around the house...weird...he's hunkered down in his room with a cooler of Ginger Ale and water...the wife is in full hot zone clean up mode. If it gets her its going to have to work for it. Smells like Lysol and Clorox wipes in this place.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:16 PM   #53
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 101600600
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
It was on the menu at Tukka on the East End but we skipped it...the Kangaroo sausage as well...even though 'Kanga-Banga' is a great name for a banger made from Kangaroo...just not a big reptile eater.

We did get some lionfish ceviche and tacos there that were really pretty great.

Good spot that I would highly recommend to anyone headed to GC.

UPDATE: Daughter is now running a fever...101.5...so my wife is back at the emergency care hopefully getting her on Tamiflu...son is already on it. Was told to stay out the entire week and wear a mask around the house...weird...he's hunkered down in his room with a cooler of Ginger Ale and water...the wife is in full hot zone clean up mode. If it gets her its going to have to work for it. Smells like Lysol and Clorox wipes in this place.
Are you all taking tamiflu as well?
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:44 PM   #54
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Never have I taken a flu shot.
I only had it one time and got sick for 2 days. I said never again. There are a lot of us who despise flu shots.

I've had the flu as an adult, but it's been a long time. I do think diet and exercise help as well as basic hygiene.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:03 AM   #55
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 01-23-2018, 09:29 AM   #56
LBC
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
Are you all taking tamiflu as well?
Yes...the whole crew is now on Tamiflu...my wife and I are taking it once a day and the kids twice a day.

Daughter seems to be doing better this morning...son is a trooper but he feels like shit.

There does seem to be a break in the bad luck though...around 10:00 last night my son called me from his room and asked me to come upstairs to look at something...I had no idea what was coming...he had gotten his acceptance notice email to NC State...his #1...he had already been accepted to USC...take THAT bad Juju!!!!
Old 01-23-2018, 10:40 AM   #57
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
Dude....sounds like you and your family need some good vibes and prayers...get well man
No kidding.

+1 to what STS said.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:45 AM   #58
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yes...the whole crew is now on Tamiflu...my wife and I are taking it once a day and the kids twice a day.

Daughter seems to be doing better this morning...son is a trooper but he feels like shit.

There does seem to be a break in the bad luck though...around 10:00 last night my son called me from his room and asked me to come upstairs to look at something...I had no idea what was coming...he had gotten his acceptance notice email to NC State...his #1...he had already been accepted to USC...take THAT bad Juju!!!!
Congrats!

Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:35 PM   #59
dreammachine
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material

I quit taking flu shots many years ago as they always made me sick for about 3 days anyway and I would still get the flu??? When I was in the military I use to have to get a bunch of shots each month as we were suppose to be able to be sent into any part of the world east of the Miss River on a 24 hours notice. These shots would always make me sick and I would run a high fever for a few days. I swore back then that I would be very careful about what I allow to be stuck into my body after leaving the military.

When I feel like I have a bad cold or the flu coming on or my wife is sick (which is rare for her) I will fix a "wonderful, chicken stew" and we will eat on eat for about two or three days. I don't know if it is an "old wives tale" or not, but I swear I feel better and it seems to give me a boost.

I hate to see anyone sick with the flu as I lost an old high school buddy last week to pneumonia and his started out as a bad cough/cold??? Hang in there everyone and we will continue to pray and hope this stuff takes a vacation to another place soon!!!
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:28 AM   #60
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 32001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
While he's generally felling better, as tbe illness continues to progress and present itself, we may not be out of the woods yet. Looks like its Kawasaki Disrase. It can be VERY serious. We has a pediatric Echocardiogram yesterday and will likely have to get a few more over the next few months. I think we're headed back to the doctor as soon as they open.

If any of ya'll could spare a quick prayer for the little guy he sure could use it.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote