CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
Flameout12
thekob
Canefaninsc
TastyLicks
Lonnie
Cocky2001
CockNJersey
Ironfan
etowngangsta
Gator Fan's Perspect (1823)
The critique of the (1396)
The drops aren't on (1371)
Serious Question to (732)
Is there a good answ (598)
Aja gets a Mountain (473)
Why are we so bad 1s (318)
Gamecocks Wide Recei (257)
After a 100 calls go (256)
Need Two For Tenness (8)
Serious Question to our f
Is there a good answer as
The drops aren't on the r
Handing out rep like cand
Gator Fan's Perspective o
Gamecocks Wide Receivers
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
Texas A&M Vent Thread
I knew we were going to l

Old 01-24-2018, 08:09 AM   #41
Shaggy
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Shaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPitShaggy rules the CockPit
Default Re: Only Southerners Get These Weird Food Combinations

Chicken and Waffles?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:17 AM   #42
Roosterdog
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

Used to do the peanuts in Pepsi thing back in the day. Don't know if it's southern or not (I first saw it in the Navy) but does anyone else put peanut butter on their ice cream sandwiches? Yummy

And I was born and raised here in the south but I cannot stand grits. Yuck
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:53 AM   #43
zappa
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2009100
zappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot material

Pinto's with chowchow
Cane Patch syrup and butter mixed 50/50 to sop biscuits in
Good bbq hash on grits
Dumplings cooked in a big pot of crowder peas
Neckbone and rice
zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:25 AM   #44
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 101600600
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa View Post
Pinto's with chowchow
Good bbq hash on grits
Neckbone and rice
damn...I have never tried this and I love both...is it regular grits or cheese grits?
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:37 AM   #45
zappa
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

zappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop View Post
damn...I have never tried this and I love both...is it regular grits or cheese grits?
Regular.The good stone ground,takes you 45 minutes to cook kind.I've never been a fan of cheese grits,but I've only had them with extra sharp cheddar a few times.What do you use?
Old 01-24-2018, 10:40 AM   #46
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Regular.The good stone ground,takes you 45 minutes to cook kind.I've never been a fan of cheese grits,but I've only had them with extra sharp cheddar a few times.What do you use?
I use pretty much any cheese after cooking the grits in chicken stock. I honestly like things like gruyere or emanthaler more than sharp cheddar but that is the cheese that I like!
Old 01-24-2018, 11:24 AM   #47
zappa
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I use pretty much any cheese after cooking the grits in chicken stock. I honestly like things like gruyere or emanthaler more than sharp cheddar but that is the cheese that I like!
Iíll try those.Stewed tomatoes and okra are also a good topping.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:30 PM   #48
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

Quote:
Iíll try those.Stewed tomatoes and okra are also a good topping.
do you like cheese fondue? If you do, I have found that a lot of cheese that work there work great in Grits.

And tomatoes and okra...that is right up my alley too!
Old 01-24-2018, 12:56 PM   #49
BringBackGarcia
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
This killed the King.
Maybe if underneath the bacon there are rows of Quaaludes.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:58 PM   #50
zappa
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
do you like cheese fondue? If you do, I have found that a lot of cheese that work there work great in Grits.

And tomatoes and okra...that is right up my alley too!
The last time I made shrimp and grits,I put some Old Bay in the water,along with some pearl onions and peperoncini's. Not too shabby.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:24 PM   #51
Dizzy01
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10900
Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Pinto's with chowchow
Good bbq hash on grits
Neckbone and rice
I love cane patch butter and biscuits. That was a family desert growing up and itís even good with a little peanut butter on the biscuits.

Dukes Mayo is also an excellent topping for boiled potatoes and Ketchup on black-eyed peas is also excellent.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:23 PM   #52
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
I have found that grits cook perfectly in my rice cooker!

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:29 PM   #53
Wham
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Wham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot material

WHAT!?! No, Brains and Eggs!
Wham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:29 PM   #54
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
I've heard of it. Never tried it, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. Peanut Butter already marries salty and sweet together, and bacon goes well with sweet things, so it makes sense that people would like it.
I need to try this.

Quote:
My mom does hash this way. Itís great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wham View Post
WHAT!?! No, Brains and Eggs!
Thereís southern, then thereís hillbilly.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:33 PM   #55
Senior Rooster
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 72900000
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterdog View Post
Used to do the peanuts in Pepsi thing back in the day. Don't know if it's southern or not (I first saw it in the Navy) but does anyone else put peanut butter on their ice cream sandwiches? Yummy

And I was born and raised here in the south but I cannot stand grits. Yuck
If you had to eat grits or go hungry, you would develop a taste for them!
Old 01-25-2018, 06:55 AM   #56
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Chicken and Waffles?
While it's usually served in the south, chicken and waffles is thought to have started in Harlem NY.
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote