CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
kick_ball
thekob
Captain9Dragons
Spur's Addiction
SanAntonioCock
TastyLicks
SheckWes
Lonnie
sosfan812
Gametime for Clemson (4328)
Recruiting Spending (1504)
Collard Greens - Who (473)
must be a slow news (364)
Stan Lee has died. (279)
Pretty Good Storytel (199)
Starters and reserve (123)
**USC (1-1) vs. Norf (83)
WBB vs. Maryland Tic (20)
Parking Spot for Car (14)
Time of possession.
Collard Greens - Who Love
Muschamp's signature win
Post Game Presser
Can We Upset Clemson?
*** 2018 Carolina Panther
Gametime for Clemson Set
2019 - John Dixon
Finally figured out my we
Recruiting Spending

Old 02-01-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
dreammachine
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 20500
dreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot materialdreammachine is USC mascot material
Default Melvin's In Charleston

Everybody knows that Melvin's makes great Bar-B-Que, but they also make a very, very, hamburger. Anybody down that way needs to try them out. I guess what made it special for me was the fact that it was supposed to be a great Bar-B-Que Restaurant and it was, but I was really surprised at how good a hamburger they made there.
dreammachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:49 AM   #2
Rooster2007
2 deep

Male

CockyCash: 3950
Rooster2007 has earned his spursRooster2007 has earned his spursRooster2007 has earned his spursRooster2007 has earned his spursRooster2007 has earned his spursRooster2007 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Melvin's In Charleston

I agree. I live on James Island and Melvin's is by far the best fast food burger you will find.
Rooster2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:03 AM   #3
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Oh yes. GREAT burger. I also like his mustard sauce better than his brother's. Melvin's has red pepper flakes in it for an little extra kick. I miss Melvin's and Bessinger's. Now that I'm back in Columbia, I'll hit Maurice's every once in a while, but it's just not the same.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:35 PM   #4
St. Louis Gamecock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
St. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPitSt. Louis Gamecock rules the CockPit

I grew up on James Island. Left many many years ago but last time I was home (2 yrs ago) I went to Bessinger’s and Bowen’s Island Restaurant. Thank goodness it was in November as Bowen’s is way too hot in summer with no AC!

When I lived in Columba I loved Piggy Park!!! I assume it’s still there heading out towards Cayce?

Seafood or BBQ - hard to beat!
St. Louis Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:18 PM   #5
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 1300000
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Louis Gamecock View Post
I grew up on James Island. Left many many years ago but last time I was home (2 yrs ago) I went to Bessingerís and Bowenís Island Restaurant. Thank goodness it was in November as Bowenís is way too hot in summer with no AC!

When I lived in Columba I loved Piggy Park!!! I assume itís still there heading out towards Cayce?

Seafood or BBQ - hard to beat!
Its still there and its still great. pricey though.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:33 PM   #6
thekob
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

I'm surprised with their prices and the stigma attached to it for years that someone else didn't open up a fast food bbq place. I'd think it could do well, especially in a city like Columbia.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:46 PM   #7
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
I'm surprised with their prices and the stigma attached to it for years that someone else didn't open up a fast food bbq place. I'd think it could do well, especially in a city like Columbia.
Because people still ate there, regardless. The only time I can think of people actually boycotting his establishments was when he took down the American Flags from the flagpoles. He learned really quick that was a worse move than flying the Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:13 AM   #8
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Because people still ate there, regardless. The only time I can think of people actually boycotting his establishments was when he took down the American Flags from the flagpoles. He learned really quick that was a worse move than flying the Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia.
Iíve seen all types going in and out of there, and working there. Donít take the bait.

I will say though, if Shealyís opened up a joint in Columbia they would slay.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:35 AM   #9
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Oh yes. GREAT burger. I also like his mustard sauce better than his brother's. Melvin's has red pepper flakes in it for an little extra kick. I miss Melvin's and Bessinger's. Now that I'm back in Columbia, I'll hit Maurice's every once in a while, but it's just not the same.
It looks like that is your mistake.

When I lived in Columbia I always liked going to Palmetto Pig over by Colonial Life Arena. Great BBQ and sides and their mustard sauce is delicious.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:43 AM   #10
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Iíve seen all types going in and out of there, and working there. Donít take the bait.

I will say though, if Shealyís opened up a joint in Columbia they would slay.
I didn't. I was pointing out that the only time folks quit going there was when he took down the American flag. The majority of folks didn't give 2 cents about the other flag.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #11
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
It looks like that is your mistake.

When I lived in Columbia I always liked going to Palmetto Pig over by Colonial Life Arena. Great BBQ and sides and their mustard sauce is delicious.
Not when I'm clearly talking about my love for the basic Bessinger family recipe.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:59 AM   #12
thekob
Heisman Winner

Male

thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm just surprised that fast food bbq isn't a concept that has taken off anywhere really. If there was going to be competition, during that controversy would've been a good time for someone else to enter the market....that's all I was saying.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:58 AM   #13
Tony
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 163278
Tony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot materialTony is USC mascot material

There is a Smithfields chain in NC, pretty decent sandwich.for $5.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:08 PM   #14
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm just surprised that fast food bbq isn't a concept that has taken off anywhere really. If there was going to be competition, during that controversy would've been a good time for someone else to enter the market....that's all I was saying.
Those drive thru prices are a bit absurd, but his buffet is where itís at.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:21 PM   #15
Dizzy01
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10900
Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
BBQ is too local. People love their favorite dive spot.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:11 AM   #16
thekob
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Those drive thru prices are a bit absurd, but his buffet is where itís at.
I don't disagree. Maurice's hash is the best I've ever had.