CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Carolina Eats

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
kick_ball
carolina_corpsman
FurmanCock
TaySC
COCKYWOOD
rabid cock
Blitzkrieg
Captain9Dragons
rt3891
2018 NCAA Softball T (4089)
PODCAST: The Transfe (763)
Colorado...Breck...B (352)
Hosting as a 2 seed?
2019 - Chris Steele
Josh Belk
AKORN GRILL FROM LOWE'S
2019 - Zacch Pickens
2019 - Tra Wilkins
**GAME #3 USC (31-22) vs.
2019 - Ben Smiley
2019 - Joseph Anderson
2018 NCAA Softball Tourna

Old 01-23-2018, 01:36 PM   #1
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Only Southerners Get These Weird Food Combinations

All seem pretty much normal to me.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...cid=spartanntp

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:04 PM   #2
RockRocks787
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
RockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787
Default Re: Only Southerners Get These Weird Food Combinations

Most of those seem pretty nasty to me...especially banana and mayo sandwich...wtf?

RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:07 PM   #3
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 60010
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRocks787 View Post
Most of those seem pretty nasty to me...especially banana and mayo sandwich...wtf?
Not as bad as you think.
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:08 PM   #4
BringBackGarcia
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 3000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

They're weird if you're writing from an outside position with the assumption that you're right and it's weird.

I hate stuff like this. It seems fun and tongue-in-cheek but it has an air of superiority to it like: "Look at the weird things these hicks do." And to come from Southern Living where you would think they would exalt Southern traditions/foods and not pander the 'weirdness' of them to an audience.

And I've grown up in SC and lived in Georgia and spent a lot of time in NC, but I've never heard someone say "M&M" sandwich.

All that said: I've eaten a lot of banana and mayo, still eat a banana and ___ sandwich weekly as a matter of fact. I'd kill for a good tomato sandwich when it's 90+ degrees outside. Vienna sausages are just nasty. And what kind of psychopath puts mayo in greens?
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #5
86 GradCock
Spring Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2290
86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material86 GradCock is USC mascot material

I grew up eating banana sandwiches with peanut butter and Dukes mayo.

Also, crumbled up corn bread in a glass of milk is one of my favorites.
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:10 PM   #6
92Pony
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1674744
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackGarcia View Post
They're weird if you're writing from an outside position with the assumption that you're right and it's weird.

I hate stuff like this. It seems fun and tongue-in-cheek but it has an air of superiority to it like: "Look at the weird things these hicks do." And to come from Southern Living where you would think they would exalt Southern traditions/foods and not pander the 'weirdness' of them to an audience.

And I've grown up in SC and lived in Georgia and spent a lot of time in NC, but I've never heard someone say "M&M" sandwich.

All that said: I've eaten a lot of banana and mayo, still eat a banana and ___ sandwich weekly as a matter of fact. I'd kill for a good tomato sandwich when it's 90+ degrees outside. Vienna sausages are just nasty. And what kind of psychopath puts mayo in greens?
LOL!! I concur!

Growing up (and to this day), we put mayo on peas (crowder type peas), and the pear salad;
"Pear salad: canned pear halves topped with a dollop of mayo and shredded Cheddar. Acceptable embellishment: one maraschino cherry to top each one" - That's actually pretty darn tasty!

We had a meeting - I think it was 4H - in elem school one time where the leader fixed us a peanut butter and bananna sandwich with french toast as the bread. That was good.
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:19 PM   #7
Next Year
America is Great.

Male

CockyCash: 465
Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Have any of you had the mispleasure of introducing people to grits? It is not worth it.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:21 PM   #8
BringBackGarcia
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 3000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Year View Post
Have any of you had the mispleasure of introducing people to grits? It is not worth it.
It's the same weirdos who try to convince you cream of wheat is not wallpaper paste.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:28 PM   #9
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24873434
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRocks787 View Post

I've had it.....I don't remember it being that bad......But I would prefer banana and brown sugar on a sweeter bread.

Gapo
Old 01-23-2018, 03:38 PM   #10
highstick
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2700
highstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot materialhighstick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Maybe you didn't know how to prepare them in the first place?

Everytime my Massachusetts resident /Harvard grad judge buddy comes down, he asks for grits! But, to be honest, I think he was actually born in Mississippi when his Dad was in WWII.
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:41 PM   #11
92Pony
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1674744
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackGarcia View Post
It's the same weirdos who try to convince you cream of wheat is not wallpaper paste.
You kiss your momma with that mouth?!? ( ) Sugared-up, cream of wheat is good stuff!!
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:48 PM   #12
Next Year
America is Great.

Male

Next Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot materialNext Year is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by highstick View Post
Maybe you didn't know how to prepare them in the first place?

Everytime my Massachusetts resident /Harvard grad judge buddy comes down, he asks for grits! But, to be honest, I think he was actually born in Mississippi when his Dad was in WWII.
I think I do. How do you prepare your grits?
Old 01-23-2018, 04:49 PM   #13
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

About 1/3 of those are ridiculous, but the rest are common to some of us.

They missed a few...for some reason, we always had applesauce on the table with pork chops.

Bananas and PB or mayo is common as is onion sandwiches for some.

M&M....everyone knows that as a tomato sandwich.

I don't do this, but ketchup on grits or eggs is common.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:50 PM   #14
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think I do. How do you prepare your grits?
With salt, pepper, & margarine/butter. Basically the way they are at Waffle House.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:46 PM   #15
Next Year
America is Great.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
With salt, pepper, & margarine/butter. Basically the way they are at Waffle House.
I do as well. It is not complicated, though I make sure mine are not watery.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:58 PM   #16
GamecockInHell
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1818785
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

I prefer salsa on scrambled eggs, especially on an omelet.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:25 PM   #17
JohnnyMc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
JohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot materialJohnnyMc is USC mascot material

just googled boudin balls..I'll pass.
JohnnyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:33 PM   #18
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 5200
NJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPitNJGCfan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
About 1/3 of those are ridiculous, but the rest are common to some of us.

They missed a few...for some reason, we always had applesauce on the table with pork chops.

Bananas and PB or mayo is common as is onion sandwiches for some.

M&M....everyone knows that as a tomato sandwich.

I don't do this, but ketchup on grits or eggs is common.
Never lived in the south nor have my parents but we used to do this too
Old 01-23-2018, 09:39 PM   #19
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 244547729341
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

My wife's comfort food is corn bread in milk
Old 01-23-2018, 09:55 PM   #20
Next Year
America is Great.

Male

That is sweet.

My wife's comfort food is Dietz.
Deez Nuts