CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TaySC
USCBaseball
Lant
sosfan812
FlorenceCock
Mechanical Cock
A Flooded South Caro (209)
Just in time for Chr (164)
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
2019 Commitment - Cameron
Chris Payne and Leon Mack
Vote for Hilinski
NCAAF: MIDDLE TENN vs APP
2018 College Football Bow
2019 - Tyron Hopper - Flo
2019 - Chris Steele
2019 Commitment - Zacch P
2019 Commitment - Jahkeem

Old 12-06-2018, 01:18 PM   #61
Wisercock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Frink

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
We have not seen much of him yet, but it seems that Frink may be the best on the team at making layups.
I have never figured out why Silva and Kotsar have so much trouble right around the basket. What Silva does is hold the ball until someone knocks it loose or try to hit a fade away from 3 feet. Kotsar just puts too much on the ball and refuses to use the dunk. (or can't jump well enough to dunk it) Neither can seem to time their shot correctly.

Frink does this better than both of them as a true freshman playing in his 3rd game.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:32 PM   #62
willyb's hotdogs#1
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5400
willyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
FRINK DON'T STINK!!!!!!
Frink,Frank,Frunk...

My other qb is a Bentley
willyb's hotdogs#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:50 PM   #63
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
I have never figured out why Silva and Kotsar have so much trouble right around the basket. What Silva does is hold the ball until someone knocks it loose or try to hit a fade away from 3 feet. Kotsar just puts too much on the ball and refuses to use the dunk. (or can't jump well enough to dunk it) Neither can seem to time their shot correctly.

Frink does this better than both of them as a true freshman playing in his 3rd game.
Kotsar lacks confidence, imo. It has always been a problem for him and still is. They say he is 6-11 and I hear he can dunk the ball, though I don't recall ever seeing him do it. He seems intimidated by defenders, even if they are shorter than him. Again, no confidence in himself around the rim. He has no post moves, other than reverse layups. As I heard someone say, "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane."
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:38 PM   #64
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13324
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosfan812 View Post
Any more bs you got for us?
Losing to Wyoming does not make my comments wrong. And back to the topic, Frink looked good last night, and will give us a solid Freshman quartet with Lawson, Moss and Bryant.

The guys need to work on Defense, especially defending the three. Notice, Sin and the guys did that well. In 2016 - 2017, we did not shoot threes that well - .338 - but we held opponents to .313. If Wyoming goes 6 of 20 instead of 10 of 20 from three, we win.

Last edited by Ace Dilcock; 12-06-2018 at 03:53 PM..
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:36 PM   #65
Wisercock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
Losing to Wyoming does not make my comments wrong. And back to the topic, Frink looked good last night, and will give us a solid Freshman quartet with Lawson, Moss and Bryant.

The guys need to work on Defense, especially defending the three. Notice, Sin and the guys did that well. In 2016 - 2017, we did not shoot threes that well - .338 - but we held opponents to .313. If Wyoming goes 6 of 20 instead of 10 of 20 from three, we win.
I admire your resilience as a Gamecock fan, but I get the feeling you don't watch many games. You certainly don't post during the game in the game threads.

If you watched the game last night you would know that we are a terrible basketball team and after 8 games we have not improved much if at all. If Frank Martin is going to turn this team over to the freshmen this will be a long season.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:37 PM   #66
Spur20001
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I admire your resilience as a Gamecock fan, but I get the feeling you don't watch many games. You certainly don't post during the game in the game threads.

If you watched the game last night you would know that we are a terrible basketball team and after 8 games we have not improved much if at all. If Frank Martin is going to turn this team over to the freshmen this will be a long season.
I know you addressed Ace but I will give you my views. I am sure Ace watches most games just as I do. I did not see last night's game as it was not available in my area and I don't know what happened. Apparently we did not play well at all based on the comments I have seen. As for posting in game threads I have never done this and never will do this as my full focus is on the game.

I agree with Ace on our four freshmen. I think all will be very good players and we have yet to see who most people regarded as our 2nd best recruit. This looks like a solid recruiting class but as freshmen they will make their share of mistakes.

If the older guys are not playing well it is fine with me to turn this team over to our freshmen class. The more they play the more this should help us in the long run. Combine this with the return of Minaya and Anderson and Bolden joining the team next year and I think we are fine for the future. I have also heard good things about Hannibal, don't know enough about the big guy to comment on him.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:36 PM   #67
Wisercock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
I know you addressed Ace but I will give you my views. I am sure Ace watches most games just as I do. I did not see last night's game as it was not available in my area and I don't know what happened. Apparently we did not play well at all based on the comments I have seen. As for posting in game threads I have never done this and never will do this as my full focus is on the game.

I agree with Ace on our four freshmen. I think all will be very good players and we have yet to see who most people regarded as our 2nd best recruit. This looks like a solid recruiting class but as freshmen they will make their share of mistakes.

If the older guys are not playing well it is fine with me to turn this team over to our freshmen class. The more they play the more this should help us in the long run. Combine this with the return of Minaya and Anderson and Bolden joining the team next year and I think we are fine for the future. I have also heard good things about Hannibal, don't know enough about the big guy to comment on him.
We had a chance to have a good season this year and bring the freshmen along slowly. The chance is still there but the door is closing. Next year we will be without Silva and Gravett. Kotsar and Haase will be our big men. Levesque is a raw talent and not ready to take Silva's place. Frank should have brought in someone like that last year to work behind Silva, but instead he gave a scholarship to Jason Cudd who has shown no improvement. My point is that next year will probably be worse than this year - however this year turns out.

One other point. Visit the basketball recruiting page. How many active threads do you see about men's basketball recruits? There are none, but there are 4 or 5 active threads about women's basketball recruits. That tells me that Frank ain't doing squat about raising the talent level. He can't even out recruit Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn and Alabama. His teams lose to Stony Brook, Wofford and Wyoming.

I find it hard to be optimistic.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:01 PM   #68
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material

Quote:
We had a chance to have a good season this year and bring the freshmen along slowly. The chance is still there but the door is closing. Next year we will be without Silva and Gravett. Kotsar and Haase will be our big men. Levesque is a raw talent and not ready to take Silva's place. Frank should have brought in someone like that last year to work behind Silva, but instead he gave a scholarship to Jason Cudd who has shown no improvement. My point is that next year will probably be worse than this year - however this year turns out.

One other point. Visit the basketball recruiting page. How many active threads do you see about men's basketball recruits? There are none, but there are 4 or 5 active threads about women's basketball recruits. That tells me that Frank ain't doing squat about raising the talent level. He can't even out recruit Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn and Alabama. His teams lose to Stony Brook, Wofford and Wyoming.

Unless someone leaves, we have no scholarships to give for the spring. But, I expect the staff is looking at some guys, in case someone does leave. As for the 2020 class, the only senior next year will be Kotsar. I know the staff is very interested in the two kids from Dorman. Ranked one and two in the state for their class. And a kid from the Columbia area.

As for Cudd, I wonder if he is redshirting this season? I believe Frank said he should have redshirted last season, but didn't. That might be the reason he has not been on the floor more. But I have heard nothing official.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:26 AM   #69
Cockhornleghorn
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Kotsar lacks confidence, imo. It has always been a problem for him and still is. They say he is 6-11 and I hear he can dunk the ball, though I don't recall ever seeing him do it. He seems intimidated by defenders, even if they are shorter than him. Again, no confidence in himself around the rim. He has no post moves, other than reverse layups. As I heard someone say, "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane."
If you had Frank yelling at you and yanking you from the game after every mistake, would you have any confidence?
Old 12-08-2018, 08:31 AM   #70
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1472263
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Unless someone leaves, we have no scholarships to give for the spring. But, I expect the staff is looking at some guys, in case someone does leave. As for the 2020 class, the only senior next year will be Kotsar. I know the staff is very interested in the two kids from Dorman. Ranked one and two in the state for their class. And a kid from the Columbia area.

As for Cudd, I wonder if he is redshirting this season? I believe Frank said he should have redshirted last season, but didn't. That might be the reason he has not been on the floor more. But I have heard nothing official.
If Cudd is ever a contributor here we'll be in trouble. He belongs on a mid-tier Big South team.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:13 AM   #71
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 3625498
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
If Cudd is ever a contributor here we'll be in trouble. He belongs on a mid-tier Big South team.
He's on one now.
gamecock88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #72
Wisercock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
He's on one now.
That one hurt.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:53 PM   #73
Spur20001
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot materialSpur20001 is USC mascot material

Quote:

I agree with you on the season being very disappointing to date but I do blame part of this on the numerous injuries we have had, being short handed on schollie players and being forced to play the freshmen more as a result of this. I disagree on not being optimistic for next season. I think we will be much better.

I like the 4 freshmen I have seen and the one we have yet to see was regarded as our #2 recruit by many. I also like the transfer sitting out this year. Both Kotsar and Hasse are better players than they have shown, especially Hasse who I think will be a fine player for us. He lights it up in scoring in practice and this should also become true once the lights come on at some point. I like Minaya, remember he was playing with a foot injury before his knee went out. Anderson also looks like a very good addition to next year's team and Hannabal to a lesser extent so I am very optimistic on next season and the forseeable future.

As for Cudd I see him transferring to .a small school after this season, maybe even at the semester break.

As for the active recruiting page it is only natural to see more active threads on the better team and the WBB team is that team at this time. As for myself I am much more interested in men's BB.

I also think the semester break will be great for our team. This will give some injuries time to heal and the freshmen can get much more development as we won't have limited practice time since school is not in session.

I think Silva's sub par play might go back to when he had a bad shoulder injury in the pre season. He is a much better player than he has shown as we have seen over the past 3 years.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote