CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GregoryHouse
TaySC
gotrice?
Gamecocks1137
M.C.
Captain9Dragons
MEL
TKE226
Spur's Addiction
Flameout12
**USC vs. Wofford GA (851)
WBB: Any news on BCM (517)
2020 - Omari Thomas (372)
USC Grad, Robert D. (289)
Malcom Young Dead (205)
Inside the Locker Ro (204)
Clemson fairgrounds (202)
Can somebody design (194)
A Policemanís Bear H (78)
2015 Dodge Challenge (21)
**USC vs. Wofford GAME Th
Raise For Champ
Clemson fairgrounds parki
I believe that we will be
NCAAF: Wofford @ South Ca
College Football 2017
2017 High School Football
2018 Commitment - Dakereo
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti

Old 11-16-2017, 11:56 AM   #381
AmonRa777
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
I don't understand all the negative comments about Dawn's recruiting. I don't see the gloom in our program some of you see. Take a look at the number of 5* players we will have on next year's team. We also have the upcoming spring signing period. I feel we will bring in some quality transfers and/or international players. Dawn has done a tremendous job here and is still doing so. I have great confidence in Dawn and the future of our program. She is a proven winner as a player and as a coach. Very proud to have her here.
Ahh a sane rational post...my thanks to you...it's good know all of our fans are not given to hysteria over missing a few top flight recruits...I think we'll be just fine...
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:15 PM   #382
VBCock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
VBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
I don't understand all the negative comments about Dawn's recruiting. I don't see the gloom in our program some of you see. Take a look at the number of 5* players we will have on next year's team. We also have the upcoming spring signing period. I feel we will bring in some quality transfers and/or international players. Dawn has done a tremendous job here and is still doing so. I have great confidence in Dawn and the future of our program. She is a proven winner as a player and as a coach. Very proud to have her here.

Stars are a bad way of looking at basketball. There are way too many five stars.

the difference in landing Aja Wilson and the #40 player in the country is generally a lot greater than stars will tell you.

I am disappointed in this class, but it is still a good class.
VBCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:17 PM   #383
bbbbookert
Walk On

Male

bbbbookert has hatched from the shell

Dont take it as negative i would say we have missed on top talent period, have u seen tennessee, baylor,Texas, and uconn classes it almost guarantee atleast no national championship the next 4 years...
bbbbookert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 12:39 PM   #384
evilpoptart
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5028
evilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart

I think we start really appreciating what Aja Wilson did here next year when she is in the WNBA. Next year is going to be rough without our elite bigs we've been spoiled with the last few years.
evilpoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:10 PM   #385
sharris952
Walk On

Male

sharris952 is developing his combsharris952 is developing his combsharris952 is developing his combsharris952 is developing his combsharris952 is developing his combsharris952 is developing his combsharris952 is developing his combsharris952 is developing his combsharris952 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbookert View Post
Dont take it as negative i would say we have missed on top talent period, have u seen tennessee, baylor,Texas, and uconn classes it almost guarantee atleast no national championship the next 4 years...
I think you are way off base here. We should not have been a sweet 16 team based off talent when we beat Purdue the first time at their house. We will still have at least 6 to 7 five star players on our team next year to go with any transfers we may pursue for the post position. We have elite wings and guards and other than Aja, Alaina, Griner, Ogumiwikes Sisters and a Della Donne, many of these post players have been hit and miss or just Solid players. Heck Geno has won his last few championships off of the strength of wing players, as Tuck played the post undersized at 6'2 and his two post players this year are 5'11 and 6'1. Dawn has that length already. She develops players. She will keep us in the hunt for a National Title. Believe it. If it were all about recruiting rankings, Tenn and Baylor would have played for the title last year and Baylor would have played for the title the past three years as they and Maryland consistently won recruiting top classes. Maryland was at Final Four with us 3 yrs ago, Baylor has not been back in 5 years. You cannot make your assumption. We have to wait and see how it plays out.
sharris952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:48 PM   #386
AmonRa777
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbookert View Post
don't follow your rational...We just beat the top ranked class from 2015 Monday night on their floor...When Tenn comes to CLA in Jan we'll beat the no1 class from 2016..UCLA's no1 ranked class from 2014 has won nothing, not even a conf title...this theory that rankings are so exact you can forecast these things is absolute nonsense...The key is to be top top 10-15 each year...

We all expected this to be a banner class...We are all disappointed we came in second on some terrific prospects...2nd is the worse place to be, because we turned down some early commits to wait on the big fish...It didn't go our way...But there is no excuse for all the doom and gloom hysteria..We are not going to win the Championship every year...No team does..

But if the inference is our program is headed into the crapper, that's just shear nonsense...We'll add more great players next year...We will contend for SEC and National honors for the foreseeable future
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:45 PM   #387
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 65267806
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharris952 View Post
I think you are way off base here. We should not have been a sweet 16 team based off talent when we beat Purdue the first time at their house. We will still have at least 6 to 7 five star players on our team next year to go with any transfers we may pursue for the post position. We have elite wings and guards and other than Aja, Alaina, Griner, Ogumiwikes Sisters and a Della Donne, many of these post players have been hit and miss or just Solid players. Heck Geno has won his last few championships off of the strength of wing players, as Tuck played the post undersized at 6'2 and his two post players this year are 5'11 and 6'1. Dawn has that length already. She develops players. She will keep us in the hunt for a National Title. Believe it. If it were all about recruiting rankings, Tenn and Baylor would have played for the title last year and Baylor would have played for the title the past three years as they and Maryland consistently won recruiting top classes. Maryland was at Final Four with us 3 yrs ago, Baylor has not been back in 5 years. You cannot make your assumption. We have to wait and see how it plays out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
don't follow your rational...We just beat the top ranked class from 2015 Monday night on their floor...When Tenn comes to CLA in Jan we'll beat the no1 class from 2016..UCLA's no1 ranked class from 2014 has won nothing, not even a conf title...this theory that rankings are so exact you can forecast these things is absolute nonsense...The key is to be top top 10-15 each year...

We all expected this to be a banner class...We are all disappointed we came in second on some terrific prospects...2nd is the worse place to be, because we turned down some early commits to wait on the big fish...It didn't go our way...But there is no excuse for all the doom and gloom hysteria..We are not going to win the Championship every year...No team does..

But if the inference is our program is headed into the crapper, that's just shear nonsense...We'll add more great players next year...We will contend for SEC and National honors for the foreseeable future

Ahmad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:03 PM   #388
bbbbookert
Walk On

Male

bbbbookert has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post

Not thecrapper but no final four after this season i will cheer regardless but im just being realistic
bbbbookert is offline   Reply With Quote