CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
cockinraleigh
Spur's Addiction
acejrock
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
MountainCock
GoldenSpur7
gamecock88
Three and Out
SanAntonioCock
NC State already pre (1546)
Home Opener vs UK (1340)
Position Unit Previe (735)
Kick Returners? (676)
Contrasting first 2 (667)
Happy Birthday Coach (285)
Tiffany Mitchell WNB (170)
Need 2 for Kentucky (14)
Need 2 tickets to KY (9)
Felder Arrested
HBC Marcus Lattimore
Official Countdown Thread
Coach Staley's Mother Pas
Home Opener vs UK
2018 Commitment - Dakereo
2017 High School Football
This video will probably
Been away for a while, bu
Tiffany Mitchell WNBA: Ou

Old 08-10-2017, 09:25 PM   #181
Truly Cocky
Anonymous

Male

CockyCash: 50500500
Truly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESPN) recruit rankings

Narrows us down to about 4 targets in Nelson-Ododa, DeCosta, Nalyssa Smith, and Victaria Saxton correct?

Madison Williams or Zipporah Broughton maybe, is there any news about them?????

Being optimistic I'm gonna say we get Olivia Nelson-Ododa and Smith.

Honestly Henderson, Nelson-Ododa, and Smith is the best class since the A'ja class. 3 top 10 players is an absolutely absurd haul.

That potential lineup of Harris/Henderson/Cooper, Jackson/Henderson/Troup, Grissett/Cliney, Smith/Harrigan, LaDazhia/Nelson-Ododa/(maybe Jennings stays as a RS SR) is awfully impressive in 2018

Last edited by Truly Cocky; 08-10-2017 at 09:51 PM..
Truly Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:35 PM   #182
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

Looks like Green wanted to stay out west. If we could land two out of Nelson-Ododa, DeCosta or Smith I'd be ecstatic. Heck, with our coaching and who we'll have returning any one of them would make me happy.
USCharleston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:23 PM   #183
bbbbookert
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
bbbbookert has hatched from the shell

If one I want smith...
bbbbookert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 05:47 AM   #184
Ahmad
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2304200828
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

I have a question about women's recruiting. Is there some kind of honor code to where teams usually don't recruit another teams commits? You rarely here about ladies decommitting.
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:11 AM   #185
Nuyoika
4-Star

Male

Nuyoika is making other chickens nervousNuyoika is making other chickens nervousNuyoika is making other chickens nervousNuyoika is making other chickens nervousNuyoika is making other chickens nervousNuyoika is making other chickens nervousNuyoika is making other chickens nervousNuyoika is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
I have a question about women's recruiting. Is there some kind of honor code to where teams usually don't recruit another teams commits? You rarely here about ladies decommitting.
Maybe not so much on the east coast but I also frequent the Pac12 & B10 boards and I see A LOT of decommitting over there. Especially between UCLA, Baylor, & Texas recruits. Whatever Close, Mulkey, & Aston are doing they seem to go after the same kids quite often and those kids hop around more than the Easter Bunny.

I think a lot of it has to do with them getting kids to commit far too early... 8th grade and such. Who really knows what they want in 8th grade? I can't see any reason to even be offering that early. Then again I am not a DI coach with the pressure to bring in top classes year in and year out.
Nuyoika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:17 PM   #186
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Cocky View Post
Narrows us down to about 4 targets in Nelson-Ododa, DeCosta, Nalyssa Smith, and Victaria Saxton correct?

Madison Williams or Zipporah Broughton maybe, is there any news about them?????

Being optimistic I'm gonna say we get Olivia Nelson-Ododa and Smith.

Honestly Henderson, Nelson-Ododa, and Smith is the best class since the A'ja class. 3 top 10 players is an absolutely absurd haul.

That potential lineup of Harris/Henderson/Cooper, Jackson/Henderson/Troup, Grissett/Cliney, Smith/Harrigan, LaDazhia/Nelson-Ododa/(maybe Jennings stays as a RS SR) is awfully impressive in 2018
The longer we go without a commitment the more I'm beginning to feel that this is going to be a 2 or 3 person class. We have to remember that we already have Te'a Cooper and we'll have her for two more years starting in 2018. With a point guard committed already, an explosive SG transferring in and two guard heavy classes in 2016 and 2017.. I suspect that Dawn is throwing everything at Nelson-Ododa and Smith.

I've seen no evidence of SC recruiting/offering Victaria Saxton (if anybody has, please post it here) but it wouldn't surprise me being that she is from Georgia. I've also seen very little between Madi Williams and SC.. but that wouldn't surprise me either when considering how much effort SC is putting into recruiting Texas.

Realistically, I think it's down to Nelson-Ododa, Smith and DeCosta. If you had to ask me right now I'd say DeCosta goes to Tennessee or Baylor, Smith commits to South Carolina and Nelson-Ododa commits to ????.. I need to see her narrow down before I get a full read.
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:48 PM   #187
bbbbookert
Walk On

Male

Explosive shooting guard ? Who is that you about
Old 08-11-2017, 01:47 PM   #188
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbookert View Post
Explosive shooting guard ? Who is that you about
Ha, I meant "POINT GUARD".... T'ea Cooper.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:11 PM   #189
Truly Cocky
Anonymous

Male

CockyCash: 50500500
Truly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
The longer we go without a commitment the more I'm beginning to feel that this is going to be a 2 or 3 person class. We have to remember that we already have Te'a Cooper and we'll have her for two more years starting in 2018. With a point guard committed already, an explosive SG transferring in and two guard heavy classes in 2016 and 2017.. I suspect that Dawn is throwing everything at Nelson-Ododa and Smith.

I've seen no evidence of SC recruiting/offering Victaria Saxton (if anybody has, please post it here) but it wouldn't surprise me being that she is from Georgia. I've also seen very little between Madi Williams and SC.. but that wouldn't surprise me either when considering how much effort SC is putting into recruiting Texas.

Realistically, I think it's down to Nelson-Ododa, Smith and DeCosta. If you had to ask me right now I'd say DeCosta goes to Tennessee or Baylor, Smith commits to South Carolina and Nelson-Ododa commits to ????.. I need to see her narrow down before I get a full read.
I agree with you on those final three. I think it's down to them as well. I really think DeCosta is headed to Tennessee as well.

Smith and Nelson-Ododa would be an incredible end to our 2018 signing class. 3 Top 10 players is unheard of in our history.
Truly Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:23 PM   #190
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Cocky View Post
I agree with you on those final three. I think it's down to them as well. I really think DeCosta is headed to Tennessee as well.

Smith and Nelson-Ododa would be an incredible end to our 2018 signing class. 3 Top 10 players is unheard of in our history.
Agreed. I'd be content with 1 more out of the 3... but if we could somehow get 2 out of the 3 remaining then we'll be in for another historic class.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:22 PM   #191
bbbbookert
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
Agreed. I'd be content with 1 more out of the 3... but if we could somehow get 2 out of the 3 remaining then we'll be in for another historic class.
if we could ever get a lights out open shooter that would be appreciated...
Old 08-11-2017, 10:18 PM   #192
Ahmad
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2304200828
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbookert View Post
if we could ever get a lights out open shooter that would be appreciated...
2019 Diamond Miller(NJ) is regarded as one of the best shooters in the 2019 class. So far I don't know if there's any mutual interest.
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:12 PM   #193
SCGAMECOCKFAN
Walk On

Male

SCGAMECOCKFAN is developing his combSCGAMECOCKFAN is developing his combSCGAMECOCKFAN is developing his combSCGAMECOCKFAN is developing his combSCGAMECOCKFAN is developing his combSCGAMECOCKFAN is developing his combSCGAMECOCKFAN is developing his combSCGAMECOCKFAN is developing his combSCGAMECOCKFAN is developing his comb

Since Dawn has a verbal commit from Henderson the rest of the 2018 recruiting seems centered around three players, Ono,Smith, and DeCosta. Do you think Dawn feels good about landing one or two of these three players. I wanna stay positive but i still fear striking out with all three. I really hope we can land Smith to go along with Henderson. In the post Aja era this team would be loaded with some talented guards and wings.
SCGAMECOCKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:04 PM   #194
bbbbookert
Walk On

Male

I'm afraid also, since we have no transfer waiting we need to get 1 of three...
Old 08-13-2017, 07:33 PM   #195
Cockfather
Walk On

Male

Cockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his comb

there will be plenty of transfers in the spring. Personally I think Staley gets Smith and ONO.
Cockfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:53 PM   #196
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 57500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGAMECOCKFAN View Post
Since Dawn has a verbal commit from Henderson the rest of the 2018 recruiting seems centered around three players, Ono,Smith, and DeCosta. Do you think Dawn feels good about landing one or two of these three players. I wanna stay positive but i still fear striking out with all three. I really hope we can land Smith to go along with Henderson. In the post Aja era this team would be loaded with some talented guards and wings.
I have to say, one or would be a bit disappointing. i was hoping for a bigger class. Cooper makes it less disappointing though.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:29 PM   #197
bbbbookert
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockfather View Post
there will be plenty of transfers in the spring. Personally I think Staley gets Smith and ONO.
Plenty of transfer but can't risk getting transfers unless you sure you're out on high schoolers