CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
Blitzkrieg
TastyLicks
SwampFox
Gamecocks1137
SanAntonioCock
Y Formation
EAtMoRTaYtErz
gotrice?
USCBatgirl21
#Game #2 USC (24-16) (2318)
2018 -Quay Walker (357)
Kitchen life hacks t (262)
Man In The Mirror (242)
Baseball: Kentucky @ (202)
2018 - Demarcus Gregory
2018 -Quay Walker
NFL Draft 2017
#Game #2 USC (24-16) vs.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Retiri
Man In The Mirror
Nike, Adidas and Under Ar
***All Ur Base Are Belong
2018 WBB - NaLyssa Smith
2018 WBB - Cate Reese - F

Old 12-25-2016, 03:32 PM   #1
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Opera browser

Anyone else use this?
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 09:23 AM   #2
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 900
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material
Default Re: Opera browser

no - What's the advantage over firefox or chrome?
Old 12-26-2016, 10:39 AM   #3
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Not sure...only that they advertise a built in adblocker an able to help with data usage
Old 12-26-2016, 11:19 AM   #4
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

It is built on Chrome's backbone. Opera was an outgrowth of the EU's ruling against Microsoft including IE as its default browser. It is more popular in Europe than here. Not my cup of tea though. I want to be able to choose my own Chrome ad blocker for example, not one that the browser dictates. The full Chrome browser has more extensions available as well. If I am concerned about browser bloat and just want the quickest trip around the innerwebz then I find that MS's Edge works best, particularly on Win10.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 09:09 PM   #5
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

So, I'll take that as a "have not used"
Old 12-26-2016, 09:17 PM   #6
E&I Cock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
E&I Cock is sharpening his clawsE&I Cock is sharpening his clawsE&I Cock is sharpening his clawsE&I Cock is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Have used on my android tv, I would prefer chrome.
E&I Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 12:25 AM   #7
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
I've used it. Prefer others.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 12-27-2016, 02:11 AM   #8
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
It is built on Chrome's backbone. Opera was an outgrowth of the EU's ruling against Microsoft including IE as its default browser. It is more popular in Europe than here. Not my cup of tea though. I want to be able to choose my own Chrome ad blocker for example, not one that the browser dictates. The full Chrome browser has more extensions available as well. If I am concerned about browser bloat and just want the quickest trip around the innerwebz then I find that MS's Edge works best, particularly on Win10.
It has zero to do with Chrome. Opera is one of the oldest web browsers there is. I was using it in the late 90's even. Its frame work and infrastructure are completely different. About the only thing they have in common now is blink and they were both written in C++. It is actually a good browser if you are a technically minded person but it lacks the features and support of the big boys because it is small and doesn't have the user base they do.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:25 AM   #9
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
It has zero to do with Chrome. Opera is one of the oldest web browsers there is. I was using it in the late 90's even. Its frame work and infrastructure are completely different. About the only thing they have in common now is blink and they were both written in C++. It is actually a good browser if you are a technically minded person but it lacks the features and support of the big boys because it is small and doesn't have the user base they do.
They dropped their own Presto engine in favor of Android's WebKit and Blink back in 2013. You can still download the original version but few do. The features that 2000grad mentions are only available on the Chrome infused model.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 12-27-2016, 09:32 AM   #10
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 1549300889458
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Opera
Many of the innovations in browser space came not from Netscape, IE or Firefox but from the Norwegian browser Opera. Opera introduced tagged browsing, speed dialling, pop-up blocking, mouse gestures and private windows. In fact, Opera was streets ahead of the competition and quicker and more compliant too. It was held back only by its creator's attempts to charge for it when everyone else was giving away freebies.

Opera never achieved market share or recognition it deserved, but it's still alive and kicking and was recently bought by a Chinese firm Qihoo. Among the latest innovations are a built-in VPN, although how far a VPN run by the controversial company can be trusted is another question.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/...roundup/page/2
Old 12-27-2016, 01:44 PM   #11
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062845361251
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Wow Netscape, that brings back memories.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 06:22 PM   #12
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Wow Netscape, that brings back memories.
Firefox is pretty much the somewhat factual and spiritual continuation of Netscape Navigator today.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:00 AM   #13
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

CockyCash: 200
womfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot material

I used to care about browsers about 10 years ago. Now I'm just happy to use whatever is installed... like Microsoft's Edge and Chrome.
womfalcs3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 07:57 PM   #14
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

While we are on a nostalgia trip, anyone remember the free internet for month CDs with AOL and Netscape? lol So wierd back when dial up and 56k modems were popular you could just boom, pop the disc in and you got Internet lol

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Old 12-28-2016, 08:00 PM   #15
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

Quote:
While we are on a nostalgia trip, anyone remember the free internet for month CDs with AOL and Netscape? lol So wierd back when dial up and 56k modems were popular you could just boom, pop the disc in and you got Internet lol
Used to get them on floppy disks. Once AOL started doing that there was never a reason for me to buy another. Just kept over writing theirs!

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 12-28-2016, 08:20 PM   #16
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 1549300889458
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Make good beer coasters! LOL
Old 12-28-2016, 09:14 PM   #17
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Used to get them on floppy disks. Once AOL started doing that there was never a reason for me to buy another. Just kept over writing theirs!
I still to this day have no idea how AOL made money. Even without over writing you could just get another disk, make another account and yep internet. haha I guess their demise points to why they never made any real money.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter