CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
Master Bedroom
Three and Out
GeoCocky66
carolina_corpsman
DorchesterGamecock
USCBaseball
SanAntonioCock
Flameout12
GuyInTheGreenHouse
Dozier Signs With th (1856)
Thornwell To The Cli (966)
SEC Football Coaches (445)
Mizzo to rent out do (426)
Archie's take on Jak (310)
Diamond Deshields le (279)
Oh, Hello on Netflix (214)
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Diamond Deshields leaving
Mizzo to rent out dorm ro
SEC Football Coaches Appr
Dozier Signs With the Lak
2018 - Israel Mukuamu
Official Baseball Coachin
2018 - Dax Hollifield
2018 - Jaycee Horn
WBB - Te'a Cooper

Old 01-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #501
SCgamecock9
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
SCgamecock9 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: **CFP National Championship: Alabama vs Clemson**

LSU and Auburn have had recent success, i.e., NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. Of course they can still recruit even against Alabama. What can we show recruits that we've done? Win 11 games and get really excited about it?
SCgamecock9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:48 AM   #502
TAFC 5 1981
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
Actually you could look at this and say, congrats taters, but

1. they are no longer building to a NC, thus coaches may leave having accomplished what they want and
2. recruiting could tail off in the wake of this because its no longer something to build toward

I dont know Dabo and his staff and motivation so this is wild speculation, but I think it takes more effort and drive now to sustain than to build.

But I also dont really see how this singular game has a huge impact on SC. Clemson has been nationally relevant for years and recruiting at a high level for longer. This isnt anything new.
I agree it will be a challenge. However, Dabo is young and they have some good recruits in the pipeline. I think he will like the challenge to try and get back to the CFP in 2018 or 2019. He can start immediately adding the NC to the Clemson brand RE recruiting.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:57 AM   #503
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

I bet Lane Kiffin is pissing himself laughing today!

Think I would have rolled with the man that helped get me there, not a guy who last called plays in a game while intoxicated.
Y Formation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:12 PM   #504
TheMule
Band

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
I bet Lane Kiffin is pissing himself laughing today!

Think I would have rolled with the man that helped get me there, not a guy who last called plays in a game while intoxicated.
Neither Kiffin nor Sark had a passing game. Clemson did the same thing they did against Ohio State which had no passing game. I love a power running game but you got to have balance.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:24 PM   #505
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Let's face it, Bama's offense wasn't great. With a low scoring first half, that was exactly what Bama needed to win this game. However, once Clemson's offense got going and it became a higher scoring game, this was in Clemson's favor. Bama was never going to outscore Clemson in a shootout. Bama was built on defense and once Clemson started shredding that defense, everything favored the Tigers. This was the type of game they needed to win.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:02 PM   #506
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I wish we ran some form of Clemson's offense. All the motion they run on offense is difficult to stop.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:18 PM   #507
kingofnerf
1st Team All-SEC

Male

kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Awesome catches and runs by both teams.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:34 PM   #508
GamecockGuardsman
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 926100
GamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
I wish we ran some form of Clemson's offense. All the motion they run on offense is difficult to stop.
Its the type of players that made that offense difficult to stop. Watson is one of those special players like Tebow and Newton. I believe that Williams turned out to be a better WR than Hopkins and Watkins. The rest of the offense is just a group that was a perfect match at the perfect time. If you look at Clemson pre-Watson, they were good but never this good. Clemson has done an excellent job in recruiting skill players but the last two years is the first time this offense has proven to be un-matched.
GamecockGuardsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:45 PM   #509
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 8981001
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMule View Post
Neither Kiffin nor Sark had a passing game. Clemson did the same thing they did against Ohio State which had no passing game. I love a power running game but you got to have balance.
Disagree if you Derrick Henry or Bo Scarborough playing all game you can be Bama and get it done.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:53 PM   #510
GamecockGuardsman
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

GamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot materialGamecockGuardsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Disagree if you Derrick Henry or Bo Scarborough playing all game you can be Bama and get it done.

I think Bo getting hurt last night really took away from Bama's running game. It was nearly non-existent other than Hurts long QB scramble to TD.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:00 PM   #511
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3050614819
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockGuardsman View Post
I think Bo getting hurt last night really took away from Bama's running game. It was nearly non-existent other than Hurts long QB scramble to TD.
I read that Scarborough broke his leg last night.
roosterdude21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:06 PM   #512
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 8981001
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
This cost Bama the game they can beat the refs and the taters with him on full go.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:10 PM   #513
GamecockGuardsman
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

I think his injury and Bama not getting that TD on the Gallman fumble really played a factor in the game.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:33 PM   #514
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3050614819
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
This cost Bama the game they can beat the refs and the taters with him on full go.
Nail on the head. You can't show up to the national championship game one-dimensional and expect to beat a team like Clemson put together this season. With all of the 5* talent on Alabama's team, this is the chink in their armor. The second stringers and below don't get any reps so when someone goes down they get exposed. As much as I hate it, Clemson had everyone ready.
roosterdude21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:54 PM   #515
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

The hero of the game was Renfrow...he made that shoestring tackle or Bama would have been 4 more ahead. They got a FG on that play due to that flase start
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:46 PM   #516
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Was it the play where he ran and was tackled by the Clemson player, and the Clemson player wouldn't let go of his leg when he tried to get up? Should of been a personal foul on Clemson.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:52 AM   #517
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 540000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

To the ones being legitimately cordial about our win: Thank you
To the ones being little crybabies: sorry bout it!! 2x National Champs!

Ok, glad that's out of my system. Please continue.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 02:25 PM   #518
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
To the ones being little crybabies: sorry bout it!! 2x National Cheats!

FIFY

Even though I didn't agree with the last 2 TD play calls for Clemson, it was one of the most exciting National Titles I've ever watched. It beats the ones from years past where teams have the game over by half time. FSU vs AU was a very exciting game as well, just as last years game. I hate the games where it's 41-14.

Last edited by rioninusc; 01-13-2017 at 05:47 PM..
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 02:34 PM   #519
taylorssc
Raisinballin'

Male

CockyCash: 1000337
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchief View Post
To the ones being little crybabies: sorry bout it!! 2x National Champs!

The real winner in all of this is Lane Kiffin.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:33 PM   #520
Wolfcat
Banned

Male

Wolfcat has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadowdledoo View Post
Yea his stock has dropped like a rock..I find it telling that Trubisky is rated higher than him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watson will be drafted higher than all other quarterbacks, including Trubisky.
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote