CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
RGHoskins
smoovecock
kingofnerf
GoldenSpur7
Blitzkrieg
Cockhornleghorn
Three and Out
Greyrooster
The Yancey
sporkgod50
New Star Wars Traile (237)
Chinese daredevil pl (233)
NFL: BEARS @ DETROIT (121)
UVERSE TV and Intern (102)
NFL: PACKERS @ CAROL (100)
NFL: CHARGERS @ CHIE (99)
NFL: DOLPHINS @ BILL (81)
NFL: PATRIOTS @ STEE (69)
NFL: FALCONS @ BUCCA (59)
NFL: COWBOYS @ RAIDE (56)
Question regarding new OC
2018 - Jovaughn Gwyn
2018 - KJ Henry
2018 - Dylan Wonnum
Bentley Offensive Philoso
New Star Wars Trailer
*** 2017 Carolina Panther
2018 - Steven Gilmore
Martin on the fans
**USC (7-2) vs. Coastal C

Old 11-18-2016, 05:10 PM   #1
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11400
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material
Default 2016-17 Coaching Carousel

Purdue: Les Miles is pitching Purdue on bringing Steve Sarkisian with him as offensive coordinator and Mike Locksley as run game coordinator according to Travis Haney of 247Sports. Meanwhile, Haney reports P.J. Fleck is interested in Purdue but has his eye on the North Carolina job should that open.

Purdue: Athletic director Mike Bobinski has stated that he’d like to have a new head coach in place as close to the end of the regular season as possible, according to the Journal and Courier.

Baylor: The Bears are targeting Tom Herman and Chad Morris as their next head coach, according to Travis Haney of 247Sports. New Baylor AD Mack Rhoades hired Herman at Houston before leaving for Missouri.
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 06:35 PM   #2
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 6000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2016-17 Coaching Carousel

art briles will be interesting. does a school take that leap this year? im not sure a higher level job would take the risk but i think theres a school out there desperate enough to win that will. that or maybe a nfl team gives him a shot as an oc.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 06:50 PM   #3
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 22185
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

From LSU to Purdue, ugh... I think Herman has his sights set higher than Baylor, but that would be a good landing spot for The Chad.
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:17 PM   #4
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Les Miles could breath life into that program. Bringing Sark and Locksley in on the offensive side of the ball would be absolutely huge. If I'm Purdue I make that move and then start celebrating because they'll be relevant again in a few years.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:24 PM   #5
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 22185
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Les Miles could breath life into that program. Bringing Sark and Locksley in on the offensive side of the ball would be absolutely huge. If I'm Purdue I make that move and then start celebrating because they'll be relevant again in a few years.
I feel like Les wants to go to a better school than this, but maybe I'm wrong.
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:17 PM   #6
TAFC 5 1981
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
art briles will be interesting. does a school take that leap this year? im not sure a higher level job would take the risk but i think theres a school out there desperate enough to win that will. that or maybe a nfl team gives him a shot as an oc.
I was wondering that too. There have been several reports that Briles may have not been the enabler and was sacrificed by higher ups.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:23 AM   #7
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Georgia State: Some names to watch for the Georgia State head coaching job include Arizona State OC Chip Lindsey, Auburn OC Rhett Lashlee, Clemson co-OC Jeff Scott and Stanford OC Mike Bloomgren, according to USA Today's Dan Wolken.

LSU: NOLA.com reports Jimbo Fisher and Ed Orgeron “have emerged as strong candidates” for the LSU head coaching job, and that Larry Fedora, Mike Gundy and Tom Herman are also considered by the school. The site adds that Fedora’s representatives have been contacted, and that LSU AD Joe Alleva is targeting early December to make a hire.

Baylor: Les Miles is a candidate for the Baylor head coaching job, according to CBS Sports’ Dennis Dodd.

Florida State: Asked about a report he’s a top candidate at LSU, Jimbo Fisher told reporters, “I’m not going to talk about any jobs. I love being at Florida State. I love being here, and I’m just getting ready for Syracuse. That’s the last thing I’m going to say that. No offense to anybody or anything else. I love being here.”

Florida International: Butch Davis will earn about $1 million annually on a five-year deal, according to the AP. Previous head coach Ron Turner earned about $610,000.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:22 AM   #8
Legalman72
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 11000000000
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

I'd be happy if Tom Herman went to FSU.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 08:24 AM   #9
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

CockyCash: 3500
cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

Don't be shocked if the North Carolina job opens up...Fedora is looking to move up to a school that cares about football
Old 11-19-2016, 08:35 AM   #10
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAGamec0ckFan View Post
I feel like Les wants to go to a better school than this, but maybe I'm wrong.
Yeah I just can't see him wanting to go to Purdue.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 09:17 AM   #11
Nick29321
6th year senior

Male

CockyCash: 3300
Nick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPit

is UAB's football program coming back in 2017? do they have a coaching staff in place already?
Isaiah 40:31
Nick29321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 10:01 AM   #12
ccured
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 74000
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick29321 View Post
is UAB's football program coming back in 2017? do they have a coaching staff in place already?
I believe their old coach is still their coach. He had only gotten there in 2014. He stayed on and is putting things back together iirc
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 10:11 AM   #13
uscgmck
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocknblue View Post
Don't be shocked if the North Carolina job opens up...Fedora is looking to move up to a school that cares about football
That's his MO, he took over Southern Miss and in year 2 was trolling for jobs. He trolling continues today.

uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 10:15 AM   #14
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 89755254
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmck View Post
That's his MO, he took over Southern Miss and in year 2 was trolling for jobs. He trolling continues today.
He'll fit in the Big 12 very well.
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 10:15 AM   #15
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocknblue View Post
If Texas and FSU open up, it will be another crazy off-season for the coaching carousel.

Arizona
Vandy
Boston College
Oregon

are a few more that could be looking for coaches.
Old 11-19-2016, 01:32 PM   #16
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Report: Texas under ‘extreme’ pressure to fire Charlie Strong, hire Tom Herman

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...man/ar-AAkvmuo

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 02:12 PM   #17
spareparts
Hole in 1

Male

CockyCash: 1000618
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Lol. They hated Herman a week ago.

Texas fans are the most bizarre and desperate fan base. Reading ShaggyBevo is hard core
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 02:59 PM   #18
Bentley'sRevenge
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bentley'sRevenge is making other chickens nervousBentley'sRevenge is making other chickens nervousBentley'sRevenge is making other chickens nervousBentley'sRevenge is making other chickens nervousBentley'sRevenge is making other chickens nervousBentley'sRevenge is making other chickens nervousBentley'sRevenge is making other chickens nervous

I think Briles will get another chance. He won't ever replicate his success at Baylor but he'll field some good offenses. I've met the guy a few times and I can't imagine that he is guilty of what they are saying about him.
Bentley'sRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:33 PM   #19
Legalman72
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 11000000000
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

He's toxic and glowing green. Cannot imagine anyone touching him other than maybe UTEP.

Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:17 AM   #20
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Texas:*Following the ‘Horns’ 24-21 loss to Kansas on Saturday, any reports that Texas has dismissed head coach Charlie Strong are not true. Though Strong admitted after the game a change is on its way.*As Scott said earlier tonight though, it makes no sense for the UT administration to fire Charlie tonight or tomorrow. Let him coach their final game Friday vs TCU then make the change.

Strong answers question in presser, "Do you know what this means about your future?"

http://footballscoop.com/news/know-means-future/