CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rt3891
Order 66
SheckWes
GregoryHouse
Lonnie
Spur's Addiction
CockyLifer
Captain9Dragons
NAGamec0ckFan
zappa
ESPN Hater's Guide t (1178)
Defense vs Clemson (1004)
Tell us a sentence y (360)
Gamecock weekly pres (234)
Christmas gifts (131)
NCAAF: NOTRE DAME @ (108)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (100)
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ OH (58)
NCAAF: AUBURN @ ALAB (53)
NCAAF: LSU @ TEXAS A (49)
The 2018 Gamecocks are av
Defense vs Clemson
Thanksgiving Dinner - Wha
Bowl game
Predictions: South Caroli
4 USC-Clemson tickets for
ESPN Hater's Guide to Riv
Muschamp wants fans to be
2019 WBB - Breanna Beal -
Out of the top 10

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 10:11 PM   #101
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 933396
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - Warren McClendon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockclint View Post
Another cb pick to UGA from Jake Rowe.
Rowe has admitted his CB is not based on "anything concrete". Just a guess. Now if Rusty or Kipp throw a CB to UGA be worried.
Old 07-08-2018, 10:30 PM   #102
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

CockyCash: 3000
rt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudlyrt3891 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
That settles it!!! The cbs are always correct!! He is a dawg lock!!!
Wouldnít panic just yet here.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:03 AM   #103
Coondog
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
Rowe has admitted his CB is not based on "anything concrete". Just a guess. Now if Rusty or Kipp throw a CB to UGA be worried.
I don't put any stock in the crystal balls. IMO they are nothing more than click bait. Most of the so called insiders are doing nothing more than giving their opinions with nothing to sustain it as fact.

According to the insiders at GCC McClendon has been and still is a heavy lean to USC. Of course teams like Georgia will always give a recruit something to think about and nothings set in stone when talking about 18 year old kids but I wouldn't give this one much thought. He not only has two cousins on the staff (BMac being one of course) but has also built a great relationship with Wolford.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #104
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
I don't put any stock in the crystal balls. IMO they are nothing more than click bait. Most of the so called insiders are doing nothing more than giving their opinions with nothing to sustain it as fact.

According to the insiders at GCC McClendon has been and still is a heavy lean to USC. Of course teams like Georgia will always give a recruit something to think about and nothings set in stone when talking about 18 year old kids but I wouldn't give this one much thought. He not only has two cousins on the staff (BMac being one of course) but has also built a great relationship with Wolford.
Well that's the whole point of the CB system. It's what do the "experts" think will happen. Of course some may have connections and get a little nod here and there, but for the most part, these guys are trying to read the players and give an opinion of where they believe they'll end up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:50 PM   #105
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post

Most of the better “insiders” are usually 70-80% accurate.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:55 PM   #106
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

Absfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPit

I am stumped on this one... one would think helping his family succeed and be there to look out for him would weigh heavily. But, the bulldog pull is strong.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:53 AM   #107
Three and Out
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Elcid99 you got any current intel on Warren
Old 07-11-2018, 08:12 AM   #108
Garnet&BLK
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Garnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot materialGarnet&BLK is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
Looks like Kipp just went UGA w his pick but I donít have insider access to be positive
Old 07-11-2018, 08:59 AM   #109
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet&BLK View Post
Looks like Kipp just went UGA w his pick but I donít have insider access to be positive
Poster on the SC Rant board is claiming sources saying Warren is UGA bound and the UGA board is saying something similar.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:02 AM   #110
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1472263
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Not looking good
Old 07-11-2018, 09:18 AM   #111
DrDarkMatter
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 818838
DrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his comb

Ouch..we really needed this one. I think we'll probably be OK if we don't hit the ball out of the park in this OL class, but next year's OL class is going to have to be really strong.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:30 AM   #112
roosterdude21
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3212019568
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

I can already hear the negative recruiting UGA would derive from this situation.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:35 AM   #113
ba55nec4r
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot materialba55nec4r is USC mascot material

I think this is a case of him telling both staffs he's coming. It's going to be a nail biter, but I don't think he's sold either way just yet.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:11 AM   #114
Absfract
World Traveler

Male

Absfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPitAbsfract rules the CockPit

Well, if he ends up there I feel sorry for the McClendons... family always #1 in my book
Old 07-11-2018, 10:43 AM   #115
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

I think he is a Gamecock. He has talked a lot about our depth chart and how we Graduate both Tackles and he has a strong desire to play early. I think it will be the Gamecocks in the end. To much in our favor imo but he is a teenager so you never know.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:05 AM   #116
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

I have no idea!! But do know when it comes down to South Carolina or Jawja, most of the pundits yell Jawja ... We'll know soon enough
Old 07-11-2018, 01:55 PM   #117
Karaoke_Jesus
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 625
Karaoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot materialKaraoke_Jesus is USC mascot material

Losing this battle with a family member as a high ranking staff member is a back breaker
Old 07-11-2018, 02:10 PM   #118
sgacock
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5500
sgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot materialsgacock is USC mascot material

Chill guys:

He's gonna make a decision. It will almost certainly be us or UGA. Same as it always was. "Experts" are making their guesses now because the decision will soon be made. Nobody knows anything except the prospect.

Don't be a Chicken Little based upon crystal guesses.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:20 PM   #119
Cockygaming
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1153600
Cockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot materialCockygaming is USC mascot material

The word I’m hearing is we lost Mclendon but gained Travon Walker. Just what I’m hearing and I am not sure one way or the other.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:49 PM   #120
DrDarkMatter
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 818838
DrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his combDrDarkMatter is developing his comb

I'll take that. Our defense would be out of control.