CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Other Gamecock Sports

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
SanAntonioCock
GeoCocky66
thekob
Captain9Dragons
Cockhornleghorn
Ahmad
Ironfan
Wisercock
FurmanCock
Relocating Chiefs-Ra (408)
Is this week the vet (220)
2020 OT - Chris Morr (106)
2021 ATH/RB - Will S (103)
Spam - Treet - & (51)
4 Chattanooga Ticket (13)
2019 - Ailym Ford
WBB: Leticia Amihere #2 i
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
How Good Can Frank's Team
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ F
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
UT-Chattanooga Game Time
2019 - TRAE HANNIBAL
2021 ATH/RB - Will Shiple
2019 MBB - Wildens Levequ


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2018, 10:30 AM   #1
GaCocky
Walk On
 
GaCocky's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2016
Location: georgia
Posts: 44
CockyCash: 500
GaCocky has hatched from the shell
Default Softball Gets going this weekend in Miami.

Excited to see how this team competes.
GaCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 12:53 PM   #2
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American
 
FlorenceCock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Darlington SC
Posts: 14,995
CockyCash: 1220000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Softball Gets going this weekend in Miami.

I am very excited to see what Bev and her girls can do.
__________________
FlorenceCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:33 PM   #3
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw
 
Luke Skycocker's Avatar
 
Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North Augusta
Posts: 47,197
CockyCash: 107299638593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material
Default Re: Softball Gets going this weekend in Miami.

Will we finally break out and not finish 9th or 10th in the sec? Conference is loaded again as usual
__________________
Luke Skycocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:43 PM   #4
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American
 
FlorenceCock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Darlington SC
Posts: 14,995
CockyCash: 1220000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Softball Gets going this weekend in Miami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Will we finally break out and not finish 9th or 10th in the sec? Conference is loaded again as usual
I don't see it happening. I said it all last year but I think that Bev has taken us to about as far as we can go under her leadership. Going to the NCAA post season every year is a good accomplishment considering where we were when she got here but I just don't see her taking us any further.
__________________
FlorenceCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:42 AM   #5
scfastpitch
Bowl MVP
 
scfastpitch's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: columbia
Posts: 2,498
CockyCash: 5500
scfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot material
Default Re: Softball Gets going this weekend in Miami.

I'm a big fan , so I probably tend to be overly optimistic , but I really like the everyday lineup of this team . I think they can be better both offensively and defensively . Pitching is an unknown , and that's a little scary , but I believe there are some reliable arms in the group .
USC starts off with East Carolina Friday morning . No streaming evidently . Host Florida International ( ranked 18th in one poll ) is streaming their own games but I don't know if they are charging or not .

Last edited by scfastpitch; 02-06-2018 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: correction
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:58 AM   #6
GaCocky
Walk On
 
GaCocky's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2016
Location: georgia
Posts: 44
CockyCash: 500
GaCocky has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Softball Gets going this weekend in Miami.

I think Drotar , Dixie , and Oh will give us good outings in the circle. I think our Defense will be really good. I知 curious as to who will be the corners in the infield I知 thinking white at first and Johns at 3rd. The middle will be really solid. I think Clark in left Watts in Center and probly Duffy in Right. Catcher I知 not sure if it will be Jordy, Vandeveer, or Vest? DH probly Vandeveer and Kumi. I expect the offense to be more powerful with Coach Lyles improving the hitters. I think the hitting lineup will go something like :
McGuire SS
Clark LF
Bosel 2nd
Johns 3rd
Vandeveer DH
White 1B
Duffy RF
Jordy C
Watts C

When Drotar is pitching I think she hits for herself and the DH hits for Jordy.

What you guys think? And I predict with Homer Glasses we finish 5 th in SEC.
GaCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 12:31 PM   #7
scfastpitch
Bowl MVP
 
scfastpitch's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: columbia
Posts: 2,498
CockyCash: 5500
scfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot material
Default Re: Softball Gets going this weekend in Miami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaCocky View Post
I think Drotar , Dixie , and Oh will give us good outings in the circle. I think our Defense will be really good. I知 curious as to who will be the corners in the infield I知 thinking white at first and Johns at 3rd. The middle will be really solid. I think Clark in left Watts in Center and probly Duffy in Right. Catcher I知 not sure if it will be Jordy, Vandeveer, or Vest? DH probly Vandeveer and Kumi. I expect the offense to be more powerful with Coach Lyles improving the hitters. I think the hitting lineup will go something like :
McGuire SS
Clark LF
Bosel 2nd
Johns 3rd
Vandeveer DH
White 1B
Duffy RF
Jordy C
Watts C

When Drotar is pitching I think she hits for herself and the DH hits for Jordy.

What you guys think? And I predict with Homer Glasses we finish 5 th in SEC.
That's pretty close , and certainly a good chance to be the starting lineup the first game . Dixie had some lower back problems at the beginning of pre-season practice but last I heard she was throwing again . Spoke to Kumiyama the other day and she said she was 100% . I haven't seen her bat yet though since she missed the entire fall .
I stopped by practice the other day and they had Krystan White playing centerfield . That might be a move they would make if Watts isn't hitting or if they pinch hit for her a second time and she has to come out . Duffy has played centerfield too , but Whitey looked good out there .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:01 PM   #8
GaCocky
Walk On
 
GaCocky's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2016
Location: georgia
Posts: 44
CockyCash: 500
GaCocky has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Softball Gets going this weekend in Miami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfastpitch View Post
That's pretty close , and certainly a good chance to be the starting lineup the first game . Dixie had some lower back problems at the beginning of pre-season practice but last I heard she was throwing again . Spoke to Kumiyama the other day and she said she was 100% . I haven't seen her bat yet though since she missed the entire fall .
I stopped by practice the other day and they had Krystan White playing centerfield . That might be a move they would make if Watts isn't hitting or if they pinch hit for her a second time and she has to come out . Duffy has played centerfield too , but Whitey looked good out there .
Thanks, I haven稚 thought bout Whitey playing CF that would get Kumi bat in the line-up with her at first. I hope Dixie is healthy she has the most expearince in the circle.
GaCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Provided by SLB Development