CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky > NCAA Football

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
smoovecock
carolina_corpsman
Spurticus
sporkgod50
Three and Out
Lonnie
Ace Dilcock
Spur's Addiction
ucan'tlickourcocks
Flameout12
If TN runs, do they (1104)
Arby's Venison Sandw (955)
LA Clippers: Sin in (631)
Tennessee HC Job (190)
FAVORITE COMMERCIAL (142)
Anyone see this? Whi (100)
NCAAF: TENNESSEE @ A (95)
NCAAF: KENTUCKY @ MI (89)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (72)
NCAAF: OKLAHOMA STAT (71)
Waiver being sought for T
If TN runs, do they score
Tennessee HC Job
Florida soccer at Daytona
Anyone see this? White Ho
Arby's Venison Sandwich
POSSIBLY The Greatest Coa
Bowl pick post week 7
How long b4 Ucan'tlickour
Butch breaks down UT's lo

Old 02-25-2015, 05:00 PM   #1
Cockdiesel7
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockdiesel7 rules the CockPitCockdiesel7 rules the CockPitCockdiesel7 rules the CockPitCockdiesel7 rules the CockPitCockdiesel7 rules the CockPitCockdiesel7 rules the CockPitCockdiesel7 rules the CockPitCockdiesel7 rules the CockPitCockdiesel7 rules the CockPitCockdiesel7 rules the CockPitCockdiesel7 rules the CockPit
Default I miss NCAA Football

Playing video games since I got next gen consoles just hasn't been the same... I play for a little while, then bored.. The only game that really got me excited to play was NCAA. Which I why I am heading to buy a 360 now and get Ncaa 14
Cockdiesel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:14 PM   #2
TucockShakur
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
TucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot material
Default Re: I miss NCAA Football

Xbox one and ps4 are current gen.
TucockShakur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:29 PM   #3
ultimatetailgater
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucockShakur View Post
Xbox one and ps4 are current gen.
Pretty sure NCAA 2014 only came out for Ps3 and 360. Xbox one didnt come out until Nov. 2013. Ncaa 2014 came out in the summer prior to that.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:14 PM   #4
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3226940575
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

I second this
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:43 PM   #5
TucockShakur
Blue Chip

Male

TucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
Pretty sure NCAA 2014 only came out for Ps3 and 360. Xbox one didnt come out until Nov. 2013. Ncaa 2014 came out in the summer prior to that.
It did only come out for those systems. I was just saying that some people still call Xbox One and PS4 "next gen", but they've been around long enough that they are the current generation of console. Xbox360 and PS3 are now last gen. Just being a nerd for no reason, that's all.
TucockShakur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:54 PM   #6
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Play clash of clans.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:02 PM   #7
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

You can get current rosters and they even figured out how to make a playoff. I don't care if they ever make another one. G a me play never changed

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #8
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

I'm glad it's gone. Maybe when it does come back, if ever, they will have actually made some real improvements to the game instead of changing uniforms and stadiums as the major adjustment.

Too many people buy the game year after year with low expectation of improvement...for what? There was no need for a new $60 game every single year and the suckers who paid it are at fault. There should have been a $5-10 download to add on the junk they were selling as "improvements/upgrades" each year.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:30 AM   #9
wincocks84
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 275
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
I'm glad it's gone. Maybe when it does come back, if ever, they will have actually made some real improvements to the game instead of changing uniforms and stadiums as the major adjustment.

Too many people buy the game year after year with low expectation of improvement...for what? There was no need for a new $60 game every single year and the suckers who paid it are at fault. There should have been a $5-10 download to add on the junk they were selling as "improvements/upgrades" each year.
I agree. Nothing changed all that much from year to year. I actually liked the ps2 versions better minus graphics
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:43 AM   #10
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:

Can be said about most games with a sequel on a console from the same generation.

Last edited by rioninusc; 02-26-2015 at 12:32 PM..
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:46 AM   #11
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

the gameplay on PS2 was more realistic. I can win the NC with the worst team on the new one.

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:37 PM   #12
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062293326235
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

I agree too, as an avid gamer and Gamecock Sports fan, one of my favorite games every year was NCAA Football. Now all I can play is Madden, but it just isn't the same. I would even upload some vids of seasons and what not on my channel of NCAA if it still existed. I swear I hope they figure out a way to get it going again, because it is and was one of my favorite games to play. And another thing, the fact they never updated our Video Board even for the 2014 game, still irks me to this day.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:48 PM   #13
bantam1801
Banned

Male

bantam1801 might be a Tater

Quote:

I just had the patience to be a year behind, and wait about 12-18 months, and I could find what to me was the most current version in the used bin at Gamestop for $2-5. I have tons of sports games, and I have never paid more than $5 for them. As you said, there never were any truly substantive improvements anyway, so having the most current version at the moment it was released was not a matter of playing the game, it was a matter of status or game-lust. Paying first-run prices for games when you work for a living and have a budget has never seemed to me to be a particularly intelligent idea.
bantam1801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:18 PM   #14
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 1081522276
weatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot material

NCAA Football '03 was the very first video game I got along with a PS2 and I was hooked. I loved the customization features like building the teams and players and uniforms. There was so much to it that they took out later. I would spend hours just perfecting the look of my custom team. And the original RTG was incredible. The last few years it was just sorta bleh. I hope they bring it back soon. I love everything about college football.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:03 AM   #15
game
Banned

Male

game has earned his spursgame has earned his spursgame has earned his spursgame has earned his spursgame has earned his spursgame has earned his spursgame has earned his spurs

Why can't they get the funding like madden does and incorporate madden play to ncaa
game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:15 AM   #16
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 9900000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

TBH I wish they would come out with a new one that focused on things more from the coach's perspective. Sure there were some features like the recruiting mini games and choosing playbooks, but I think that could have been fleshed out a lot more. I mean how cool would it be to be able to draw up completely custom plays? How about running practices to improve your players' ability to perform those plays? During the game, you get analysis from both the players and the assistant coaches to figure out what adjustments you need to make. And to make it a true chess match, you have no direct control over the players during the game...they run the plays you call automatically.

At least that way, the players can all be generic and that would settle all likeness issues. And yeah some of those things could be done in the old games, but I don't think they ever captured the coaching experience fully.
cocky0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 04:47 PM   #17
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
Can be said about most games with a sequel on a console from the same generation.
No, it can't. Sequels entail entirely new mapping, new characters (design, voice, movement), and logic as game progresses throughout a storyline.

If the NCAA series was comparable to something like Uncharted...then they would just change Nathan Drake's and his friends' clothing and let them run back through the same maps.

When I said "adding new stadiums", I was really giving the NCAA series too much credit...I mean really, how many stadiums are built each year? For that matter, how many different uniforms?

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:53 AM   #18
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 128525262
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Andrew Testerman@Testerman_14Jun 13
Life was better when there was an NCAA Football video game released every year. Thanks Ed O'Bannon.

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:01 PM   #19
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 128525262
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

I would buy this game

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/201...ootball-series

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:51 PM   #20
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

Wiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPit

I sigh around mid July every year now when I realize a new NCAA will not exist
Wiz Khalifa is offline   Reply With Quote