CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
The Yancey
cocky0
Blitzkrieg
AR1
GeoCocky66
TwoNotch Dreams
Spur's Addiction
GregoryHouse
ConwayGamecock
Felder Arrested (3329)
Grad Transfer To USC (1141)
Schedule Preview and (924)
No cable or Dish (810)
Predict the Gamecock (729)
RIP EP (487)
PODCAST: 2017 Predic (203)
Are you one of those (130)
Mr. Mercedes TV Seri (122)
Ric Flair Not Doing Well
No cable or Dish
Predict the Gamecocks' fi
Felder Arrested
2018 - Paxton Brooks
Been away for a while, bu
Tiger Woods' Toxicology R
Grad Transfer To USC
2017 Roster
Hassani Gravett With USA

Old 01-24-2017, 02:33 PM   #101
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: RULES FOR GAMECOCK BASEBALL SEASON

OMAHA !
SWEEP !
NO HITTER !

Old 01-24-2017, 03:23 PM   #102
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Ok...it's all Spurt's fault this year.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:04 PM   #103
seamus
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000000
seamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot material

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious, but I will honor the superstitions of the team in order to get to the city that can not be named.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #104
hank scorpio
Yellow Bellied Sapsucker

Male

CockyCash: 2400200
hank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
that doesn't mean we should let Holbrook off the hook for last year's dumpster fire.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:09 PM   #105
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:

I'll go ahead and take the blame in case things fall apart this year.

Seriously, I've been a hard-line Anti-Superstition guy my entire life. I used to
drive my Mom crazy because she was just the opposite. She'd actually get angry
at me and my brothers for doing stuff like opening an umbrella inside the house,
spilling salt without throwing it over our shoulder or if we brought home a stray
black cat ....stuff like that. As I got older, I used to do stuff like that on purpose
to get her riled up, and would always point out that nothing bad had happened
since that last time I opened the umbrella in the house and she fussed at me
because of it. When I started playing Baseball and later Basketball and football...
I used to ask for #13, so that's been my favorite number pretty much through
life.

South Carolina is going to be what they made themselves to be in the off season
once they take the field for the first time. No outside evil force is going to
prevent them from getting to Omaha nor will some divine intervention get them
to Omaha. Just hard work and talent. I think we're going to make a run at another
title this year. Just a gut feeling. As bad as things went at times last year, we
were a few pitches away from getting there last year, and I think we've made
a lot of improvements over the last 6/7 months. I'm looking forward to the season
starting again. Love baseball season and love it even more when the team is
Clicking at a high level of play. I see that being the case for us this year....... Knock on Wood !

Old 01-24-2017, 04:29 PM   #106
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material

Ok Spurt...

Just don't cross any bats.
Don't lay a ballcap upright on a bed. (not sure where that one came from).
Don't say it! (Whatever "it" may be during a game).
Wear your lucky clothes/hat.
Drink your standard Baseball Tailgate drink.

But most of all...let's have some fun this season. And I think we will.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:38 PM   #107
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

Quote:
Ok Spurt...

Just don't cross any bats.
Don't lay a ballcap upright on a bed. (not sure where that one came from).
Don't say it! (Whatever "it" may be during a game).
Wear your lucky clothes/hat.
Drink your standard Baseball Tailgate drink.

But most of all...let's have some fun this season. And I think we will.
DEAL !

Old 01-24-2017, 05:54 PM   #108
COCKYWOOD
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Not looking to pick a fight.Looking back to when this no saying ....O.... ,have we been back to that city?
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:58 PM   #109
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Well, I haven't said it during a season, going back to my days as a batgirl, so...

It's just one of those things. You can do it or not. But if you do, some of us will take to some good natured ribbing.

Here's the thing...you can take any and every superstition out there and find times that they didn't work. Does that mean that you stop doing it? Not necessarily.

It's all in good fun folks.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:42 PM   #110
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 1081261664
weatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot materialweatheredxtown is USC mascot material

The superstitions are what make the game of baseball so great. There just as big a part of the game as anything else.

As a side note, the team has won every game I've been to at Carolina Stadium, so I'll try and make it to a lot more this season.
weatheredxtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:21 PM   #111
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 500000
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Fire Calvi/Holbrook/Insert Hitting Coach (regardless of situation) and, god, we are terrible on the basepaths. The worst baserunning in the nation.

Last edited by acejrock; 01-24-2017 at 08:43 PM..
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:41 PM   #112
robgusc76
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Im just ready for the first "Sac Bunt vs. Swing Away" argument....
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:54 AM   #113
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 614462087544
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

I hope we don't leave the pitcher in too long or take him out too soon.

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:05 AM   #114
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 157561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
1 - Just so everyone is clear...as of 3:30 pm Friday, January 25, 2013, the word "Omaha" shall not be uttered. It will thenceforth be known as "The City Which Shall Not Be Named."

Feel free to add any "rules" you may have.

We baseball fans are a superstitious bunch, and quite honestly we don't really care what anyone else thinks about our superstitions either.
Has anyone notified Peyton Manning?
Old 01-31-2017, 01:21 AM   #115
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 179045
Copperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
I hope we don't leave the pitcher in too long or take him out too soon.
We will. I guarantee it. Mark it down
Old 01-31-2017, 01:48 AM   #116
JerseyBird
Just go for the ball

Male

CockyCash: 28470146867888
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

We're down 1-0 in the top of the first - game over. We have zero chance of pulling this one out
Old 02-13-2017, 04:13 PM   #117
sosfan812
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
sosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot materialsosfan812 is USC mascot material

When we win everyone has to wear the same socks (not washed) for the next game and so on.
sosfan812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:58 PM   #118
HHess
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 7382743
HHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
Has anyone notified Peyton Manning?
HAHAHAHAHAHA! You win the internet my friend!
HHess is offline   Reply With Quote