CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
kick_ball
CoastCocky
Take-a-Knee
SanAntonioCock
GuyInTheGreenHouse
Gamecocks1137
SwampFox
MountainCock
GoldenSpur7
2017 SEC Tournament: (6766)
Why the NCAA isn't g (430)
Baseball: Vanderbilt (218)
Sir Roger Moore, Jam (210)
At last the Demon is (204)
VB class ranked #26 (161)
Massive Pacific Coas (153)
calling all lawn exp (146)
Rando photo (78)
2017 SEC Tournament:**USC
NBA Playoffs Thread
2018 Commitment - Deshaun
Alan Knott
107.5 is terrible
Rando photo
VB class ranked #26 by Pr
WBB Non-Conference Schedu
WBB Asst. Coach Rumors
2017 Roster

Old 04-14-2017, 04:32 AM   #1
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 8981001
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material
Default First trip to Founder's Park

Hey guys it's me again in Columbia for a few days and with the wife and 4 year old boy in tow I thought it would be special for us to go to our first Gamecock Baseball game together Saturday. Just wondering if there might be some things we should do or not do when going to a weekend baseball game tips for parking etc... Didn't think a baseball game would be sold out or anything this weekend so planning to just buy at the park Saturday do you think that will be ok? If so is there a better section to sit in like near where cocky cheers periodically we all love us some cocky. Anything you can offer info wise will be greatly appreciated thanks.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:17 AM   #2
JoeCock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 19484
JoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: First trip to Founder's Park

1) Park at the stadium. We've used the shuttle and it is OK but I definitely prefer to park at the stadium.

2) Check with the Parking Attendants, as they may have Tickets.
As we were paying, the guy asked if we had tickets. He had "Regulars" that would leave their tickets with him, if they weren't going to be there.

3) DO NOT pay more than face value for the tickets.
Went to one game that was a "Sell Out". Guy tried to sell me tickets on the corner but wanted an $15-$20 for the 3 tickets. I walked away and they had good tickets available at the window.

4) Cocky will move around so go to him and take a lot pictures.
5) Enjoy the experience, regardless of the game results.
You will be setting the tone for the 4 year olds future trips.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:35 AM   #3
CockyFanForLife
4-Star

Female

CockyCash: 500
CockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot material

The parking right by the field is $10, and you can't beat the convenience. Wander around on the concourse and you will find Cocky. There is a playground if your child gets a little restless. Also, I love the hot dogs at one of the carts, but I can't remember the name right now, so that is of no help. Have fun. It's a great family outing.
CockyFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:56 AM   #4
hank scorpio
Yellow Bellied Sapsucker

Male

CockyCash: 2400200
hank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot material

Try the Dippin' Dots. Its like ice cream, but its from the future.
hank scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:21 AM   #5
scfastpitch
Bowl MVP

Male

scfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank scorpio View Post
Um , I guess the future is where they charge you $6 for half a cup of something similar to ice cream .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:40 AM   #6
PharmSC
Walk On

Female

PharmSC has hatched from the shell

Nothing really to do with parking, but if it's a day game don't forget sunscreen! (Especially for the kid). I have brought it with me to reapply inside the park and still was a little pink the next day. That was with seats in the outfield, though, so your mileage may vary.
PharmSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:52 AM   #7
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

I hope you enjoy watching game from the play area whilst 100 kids scream their heads off.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:12 AM   #8
92Pony
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 830476
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfastpitch View Post
Um , I guess the future is where they charge you $6 for half a cup of something similar to ice cream .
Fo real!!
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:30 AM   #9
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 26515414375195
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank scorpio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scfastpitch View Post
Old 04-14-2017, 03:57 PM   #10
kathym
4-Star

Female

kathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudly

Be sure and stop by one of the guest stations for a team poster and collectible
sports cards with the various Carolina players - both are free!
kathym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:01 PM   #11
COCKYWOOD
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Get a Doc's BBQ sandwich while enjoying the game!
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:12 PM   #12
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

Hey everyone first time signing in since last Saturday can't believe it's been a week already.

Thank you all so much for all of your tips and suggestions. We did park right in the stadium lot for $10. We only sat in our seats for the 1st 3 innings as the one poster mentioned my boy discovered the playground and we never returned to our seats but still saw a good bit of the game my wife and I took turns watching him play. As for food at the park we ate some half hotdog half burger grilled thing that came from the grill by the fence on your left as you approach the 1st base side seats it was pretty good. Got several great pictures with cocky and the trophies and my boy already wants to go back. We lost the game that day but it didn't matter we had a good time and added this to our trip since we had to be in Cola for Friday Morning.

Went to Riverbanks, Cromers Pnuts, Ate at Docs BBQ and mellow mushroom in the vista etc..... Hadn't stayed in the Vista before but will definitely be doing that again it's a great place.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:13 PM   #13
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYWOOD View Post
Get a Doc's BBQ sandwich while enjoying the game!
Didn't know they had a booth there but did eat at Doc's Friday before going to the Zoo! Still love it every time!
Old 04-22-2017, 04:18 PM   #14
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathym View Post
Be sure and stop by one of the guest stations for a team poster and collectible
sports cards with the various Carolina players - both are free!
Yep got a Women's National Championship Poster!