CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
kick_ball
ShutTheSuccop
SwampFox
MountainCock
TastyLicks
Lonnie
Master Bedroom
GoldenSpur7
Mike Ayers Retires (757)
2019 - Desmond Littl (490)
2020 - Kevin Swint (439)
OK...the RRHoF is ju (376)
CHRISTMAS MUSIC THRE (373)
The FCC has voted to (186)
Cure Bowl: GEORGIA S (136)
New Orleans Bowl: NO (129)
Disney to buy 21st C (101)
This place has been (97)
The FCC has voted to repe
2018 - Rashod Bateman
2019 - Quavaris Crouch
Name a Gamecock
2018 - KJ Henry
Question regarding new OC
2018 - Jovaughn Gwyn
2018 Commitment - Dakereo
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
The Trip to Tampa

Old 04-14-2017, 10:50 PM   #121
Karolinakid
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Karolinakid has hatched from the shell
Default Re: **GAME #1 USC (21-11) vs. Mississippi State (23-12) Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post

Carry on.

Whose the real troll? Why don't you stick to the discussion instead of insulting someone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Karolinakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:53 PM   #122
TaySC
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 15000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Go back to your original username and I will.
TaySC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:57 PM   #123
Karolinakid
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Go back to your original username and I will.

Really man? Who is it you think I am? This is my username, the only one I have.

Old 04-14-2017, 11:00 PM   #124
powercock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 368000
powercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudlypowercock is crowing loudly

Until Holbrook is gone this will be the norm.. a top 5 class for the past few years and this is the result
Old 04-14-2017, 11:04 PM   #125
FanofCarolina1
💩💩💩💩

Male

CockyCash: 4640
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercock View Post
Until Holbrook is gone this will be the norm.. a top 5 class for the past few years and this is the result
Great point. Look at Stetson. I highly doubt that they have the caliber of players that we have yet look at what they did to Florida.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:16 PM   #126
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
That's not what I'm saying at all. Did our national championship teams make errors? Yes. The main theme here is underperforming. And it's a theme that has stayed pretty consistent this year. Clutch offense, clutch pitching, and clutch defense has been lacking.
This teams missing a mascot, you mention clutch, lets get one, and call it Cardy(short for Cardiac Cocks)

I agree with you back in those years down 4-5 USC would've came up big in the 9th, and would've shut the other team out the rest of the time.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:21 PM   #127
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 5200
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Like I said over a month ago, I thought this team was supposed to be good....?
Old 04-14-2017, 11:52 PM   #128
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Listen, I'm at the point that I realize CH deserves a good bit of the criticism that he gets, but 3 errors and 5 unearned runs aren't on the coach. He can't make Destino catch a routine flyball or Bride hold onto a good throw to get the lead man at 3rd or several other stupid errors our team did.

It just baffles the mind that every single time a PLAYER makes a mistake, they aren't held accountable by our fans.
I counted at least 5 baserunning mistakes. If that's not coaching, I don't know what is.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:55 PM   #129
USCooper1
Double Secret Probation

Male

USCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yeah, sorry you don't understand the word it seems, but 5-4 headed to the 9th is a very good and competitive game.

Small victories! Right? That's all we got to hold onto now. At least they didn't blow us out.

USCooper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:27 AM   #130
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 8400
nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

Quote:
That much we can agree on.

It seems like we our bats are going, we get bad pitching or bad defense. When our pitching and defense are solid we can't get a basehit.

All we, as fans, can do is root for the team, see how the season ends and then, if nothing gets better, pray for a change. All this internet drama, fire Holbrook now, stuff gets old, really old.

What's crazy is it gets to a point where you fire Holbrook guys are going to have to pull against your own team, which is sad to say the least.
You're awfully defensive about the matter. I have yet to see anyone imply that firing Holbrook midseason is a good idea. We're a "good team" that consistently makes bad errors and chokes in games. Which means we suck. Get over it.

& no one is pulling against Holbrook instead of for the gamecocks. That's just dumb.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:29 AM   #131
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
I counted at least 5 baserunning mistakes. If that's not coaching, I don't know what is.
"The players make the mistakes, not the coaches!!"

Who is supposed to have the players prepared?
Old 04-15-2017, 12:30 AM   #132
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 685761989700
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Does the SEC Tournament winner get an automatic bid?

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:26 AM   #133
Karolinakid
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_usc_freak92 View Post
You're awfully defensive about the matter. I have yet to see anyone imply that firing Holbrook midseason is a good idea. We're a "good team" that consistently makes bad errors and chokes in games. Which means we suck. Get over it.

& no one is pulling against Holbrook instead of for the gamecocks. That's just dumb.

Well said!

I think we have the potential to be a great team but game prep and game management need to improve.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:50 AM   #134
USCooper1
Double Secret Probation

Male

USCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot material

So now if you think the program needs to go in a different direction you are pulling against them team. Lol

USCooper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:12 AM   #135
WeCocky81691
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 395
WeCocky81691 is sharpening his clawsWeCocky81691 is sharpening his clawsWeCocky81691 is sharpening his clawsWeCocky81691 is sharpening his clawsWeCocky81691 is sharpening his claws

All this talent I here we have, asides from the pitching staff who do we offensively that is talented. Cortez shows the most upside and LT is out best bat. Other than that I just done see it
WeCocky81691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:54 AM   #136
Blitzkrieg
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Blitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot materialBlitzkrieg is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCocky81691 View Post
All this talent I here we have, asides from the pitching staff who do we offensively that is talented. Cortez shows the most upside and LT is out best bat. Other than that I just done see it
Well we had a kid who was considered a high first round bonus baby MLB pick but he couldn't crack our high powered offensive line up.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:02 AM   #137
CapitolCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

We play in a conference where you just can't make mistakes. One night it's hitting, the next it's fielding, and even pitching let us down against UNC. At some point we have to put it all together. We need to do it fast, but it's definitely possible. If we were at the bottom of our division, I'd be more worried, but for now it's not unreasonable to believe we can still win the East.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 12:06 PM   #138
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitolCock View Post
We play in a conference where you just can't make mistakes. One night it's hitting, the next it's fielding, and even pitching let us down against UNC. At some point we have to put it all together. We need to do it fast, but it's definitely possible. If we were at the bottom of our division, I'd be more worried, but for now it's not unreasonable to believe we can still win the East.
Only because the rest of the East is having a down year as well. Florida isn't their usual dominant self and Vandy isn't as strong as they were a few years ago. The West is much stronger right now.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:55 PM   #139
CapitolCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_usc_freak92 View Post
Only because the rest of the East is having a down year as well. Florida isn't their usual dominant self and Vandy isn't as strong as they were a few years ago. The West is much stronger right now.
Oh definitely. But assuming we are capable of pulling it together, I think we have the roster to compete with anybody. We just have to stop making careless mistakes whether is fielding, base running, pitching, etc.

Easier said than done though I suppose.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:44 PM   #140
donniebaseball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1500
donniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his combdonniebaseball is developing his comb

I'm for a coaching shakeup BUT some of the Losses this year have to fall on players NOT playing up to potential.
donniebaseball is offline   Reply With Quote