CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
TRBTB
thekob
Blitzkrieg
MountainCock
TastyLicks
GuyInTheGreenHouse
Ace Dilcock
Spur's Addiction
sandstorm2001
Phil Steele (1388)
Music Thread: Gospel (244)
Rumored Challenger H (197)
Thoughts on music ge (133)
Latest Vandy Crimina (67)
2018 - Jovaughn Gwyn
2018 - Dorian Gerald
Latest Vandy Criminals
Official Baseball Coachin
2018 Commitment - Wyatt C
Phil Steele
Seat Selection
Which Restaurant Do You M
2018 - Stephon Wynn
Lattimore vs. McFadden

Old 04-15-2017, 08:55 PM   #121
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 57500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material
Default Re: **GAME #2 USC (21-12) vs. Mississippi State (24-12) Thread**

Tyler Johnson might have saved us a game or two. Main problem though is that our offense does score enough, even against pitching that isn't all that good. Tonight was lost it was one inning of fielding incompetency an no insurance runs to work with. It's not like they were lighting up either Crowe or Bowers.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:01 PM   #122
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Not really on the fire a coach mid band wagon, but how many years do you give him? Who takes his place?

He knew how high expectations were when he took the position but he was also handed the keys to a well oiled machine with some of, if not the best, facilitates in college baseball, how much slack do you give him?
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:01 PM   #123
uscfan1
Make Yourself

Male

CockyCash: 200
uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

Would not want to be holbrook right now...I know he's feeling the pressure...I'm sure he's stressed and his team drops the ball when he needs them to play their best. That being said I think you have to bring in TJ even though Crowe had been holding them at bay.
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:29 PM   #124
Gamecocks0197
Blue Chip

Male

Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
Not really on the fire a coach mid band wagon, but how many years do you give him? Who takes his place?

He knew how high expectations were when he took the position but he was also handed the keys to a well oiled machine with some of, if not the best, facilitates in college baseball, how much slack do you give him?
This. I've supported Chad the whole way, but support is slowly fading away. Yes he followed a legend, but he has not proven himself since being promoted. He knew the program, and knew what was expected of him. It'd be one thing if the program was in shambles when he took over but as you said above, it was a well oiled machine.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:25 PM   #125
Karolinakid
Walk On

Male

Karolinakid has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
Honestly, after the 1st hitter reached in the 9th I felt he should have been pulled for Tyler Johnson. The botched rundown wasn't Crowes fault, but even in the 8th I thought he began to labor a little. I would have won or lost with a fresh Tyler Johnson who, a cording to the announcers, had been also warming up.

Nothing against Bowers as I think he will be a great one for us, but with a fresh Tyler Johnson, in an almost must win game, I see no reason to go to anyone else tbh.

Catching up on this thread after following the game earlier. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Actually several of your comments on this thread have been spot on. Can you handle that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Karolinakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:59 PM   #126
TaySC
Starter

Male

TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Chad Holbrook on not going to Tyler Johnson in the 9th,"There are some limitations on Tyler that I'm not going to discuss. It doesn't help for our opponents to know what our limitations are in regards to using him this weekend."
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:08 PM   #127
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Chad Holbrook on not going to Tyler Johnson in the 9th,"There are some limitations on Tyler that I'm not going to discuss. It doesn't help for our opponents to know what our limitations are in regards to using him this weekend."
Yep....although to be honest, just telling the media that "there are some limitations on Tyler" in effect, actually tells MSU that Tyler is limited in some fashion anyways. If I was an opposing coach and I read that, I tell my guys on my team that if at all possible, work Johnson when he takes the mound, work the at-bats to high pitch counts and try to force Johnson to earn his outs. Of course, its all moot if Tyler throws nothing but flaming ropes past the opposing bats and they all go down in 3 strikes out of 3 pitches.

But still, there were several reasons that you could have given - even fake reasons like the batter matchups weren't optimal - other than saying Tyler has "limitations". But whatever.....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:14 PM   #128
TaySC
Starter

Male

TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

We've already lost 2 games this series, so with only 1 game remaining, I'm not sure why he feels the need to hide anything.

Oh well....
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:56 AM   #129
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
We've already lost 2 games this series, so with only 1 game remaining, I'm not sure why he feels the need to hide anything.

Oh well....
We play a few more SEC games after tomorrow this season....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:28 AM   #130
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062391893706
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Chad Holbrook won't be here next year. That reign is over.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:22 AM   #131
usc1
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1050987
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
It has been one of those years. We lose several games in the last at-bat without a closer. Then the closer comes back and we can't get ahead so he can save a game.

We could get Monte Lee - Clemson des not care about other sports and they don't want to spend a lot of money on a baseball coach.

But Chad deserves the chance to turn it around this year. He needs to show he can coach - make some line-up adjustments and make good in-game decisions. I have not been impressed so far, but his players have not helped him out much - they need to start hitting and stop the late fielding meltdowns. Time to step up.
Clemson would not hand over Monte Lee to us in a million years. It's too bad what's happened to our program and I'm glad some are finally seeing the light. The signs were there when he bunted Pankake in his first year against UNC.
usc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:01 AM   #132
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1550000
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisMr X View Post
The truth hurts. Unfortunately we will have to lose hard before we can start winning again.
No one is arguing that this team is not performing to expectations. But when some poster makes a dumb ass statement about this team and Clemson being on its way to a baseball National Championship in the same sentence, the stupidity begs a response.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:22 PM   #133
Karolinakid
Walk On

Male

Karolinakid has hatched from the shell

Interesting that CH was coaching 3rd yesterday and says he may the rest of the year to try and make the dugout less tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Karolinakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:28 PM   #134
WeCocky81691
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 395
WeCocky81691 is learning to peckWeCocky81691 is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
No one is arguing that this team is not performing to expectations. But when some poster makes a dumb ass statement about this team and Clemson being on its way to a baseball National Championship in the same sentence, the stupidity begs a response.
Dumb ass statement? What was so dumb about my statement?
WeCocky81691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:36 PM   #135
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Clemson would not hand over Monte Lee to us in a million years. It's too bad what's happened to our program and I'm glad some are finally seeing the light. The signs were there when he bunted Pankake in his first year against UNC.
They have no say in it. We offer they counter offer. It's all on Lee if he would go or not.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote