CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GuyInTheGreenHouse
Blitzkrieg
Take-a-Knee
MountainCock
carolina_corpsman
Three and Out
Spur's Addiction
Ironfan
thekob
Captain9Dragons
WBB Asst. Coach Rumo (937)
Last Three Years (718)
Sling TV Opinions (475)
A big game hunter ha (450)
Alan Knott (442)
2019 - Brendan Gant (387)
Cayce gator (343)
2018 - Jalen Carey - (342)
The toughest and eas (272)
2018 - James Mitchel (229)
2017 SEC Tournament:**USC
2018 Recruiting Class (Ma
Sling TV Opinions
Lidel grocery coming
2018 - Trajan Jeffcoat
Playstation Plus
Baseball: Vanderbilt vs.
WBB Non-Conference Schedu
Alan Knott
Last Three Years

Old 04-03-2017, 10:47 PM   #81
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: **GAME #3 USC (19-7) vs. Auburn (22-7) Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCooper1 View Post
If we are the top 6 team like some people on here say, a sweet 16 isn't good enough. The thing with judging is this isn't year 1. It's failing in clutch situations over and over and over again. The team takes the personality of its coach.
We have top 5 talent but pee wee coaching. Sucks that we have been passed by Clemson in another sport.

I wish we could actually a good debate about realistic expectations but it always turns into the good/bad fan junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a feeling that this team will surprise you later in the season. Just a gut feeling that our hitting starts to come around as we get deeper into the year. I think this year CWS barring injuries is a realistic expectation. If we were to lose 1 or 2 of our weekend starters to injury my view on what I expect would change. If healthy and we somehow choked in the regional Holbrook should get fired before the day is over. I really don't believe that will be the case, I could very well be wrong but I think we're going to the CWS this year.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:59 AM   #82
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 179045
Copperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot material

Quote:
You are part of the problem. Get mad. Throw insults. Whatever suits you. Defend chad if you want, but we will never get to Omaha with him.

Do you think Tanner or Chad hear you through CT? I try to support our team on here, not just show up when we're losing to act like an assh**e. Do you really not understand why you get backlash? Let me spell it out: YOU ARE A BROKEN RECORD ! BROKEN RECORDS SUCK TO LISTEN TO! Get it?
I know, I know. We're all just a bunch of 'sunshine pumpers' (another worn out cliche)
I have an idea though. Why don't you buy a ticket once in a while and go let the 7,000+ 'sunshine pumpers' at Founders know how you feel.

Last edited by Copperhead; 04-04-2017 at 01:57 AM..
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:14 AM   #83
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1050987
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

This team has been such a disappointment. Serious underachievers so far.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:03 AM   #84
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
South Carolina routinely has one of the best pitching staffs in the country...So....
Then why do we historically only see the same 5-6 arms over and over and over when there is a bullpen full of arms out there.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:13 AM   #85
USCooper1
Double Secret Probation

Male

CockyCash: 500
USCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
I have a feeling that this team will surprise you later in the season. Just a gut feeling that our hitting starts to come around as we get deeper into the year. I think this year CWS barring injuries is a realistic expectation. If we were to lose 1 or 2 of our weekend starters to injury my view on what I expect would change. If healthy and we somehow choked in the regional Holbrook should get fired before the day is over. I really don't believe that will be the case, I could very well be wrong but I think we're going to the CWS this year.

I hope you are right.

USCooper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:15 AM   #86
Ace Dilcock
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 550
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Then why do we historically only see the same 5-6 arms over and over and over when there is a bullpen full of arms out there.
Good point, BG. I think that we get too enamored of the starters and a couple of relievers. With Tyler Johnson out, we seem to rely too heavily on guys like Reagan, who is better as a set-up man than a closer (and better still as a communicator - in fact, he is a Great Communicator). If we gave some other guys a chance, it would pay off in postseason when you need more depth.

Of course, if we had Tyler Johnson ready, it would be a moot point. He would be pitching instead of Reagan and we probably win. That would give us another series win, first place in the league and no one would be complaining......
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:16 AM   #87
USCooper1
Double Secret Probation

Male

USCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot materialUSCooper1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
We should have hired Monty Lee when we had the chance. Holbrook is still learning how to be a head coach, and he should have never been hired at South Carolina.

We really missed the boat on that one.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:17 AM   #88
USCooper1
Double Secret Probation

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Cooper said he was done with baseball, yet here he is after a loss complaining, color me shocked

Glad I'm so important to you. Sorry losing to clemson yet again bothered me.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:27 AM   #89
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Glad I'm so important to you. Sorry losing to clemson yet again bothered me.

Important, only in your own mind. Just find it funny when people say they are done, yet still come back only to complain more.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:28 AM   #90
USCooper1
Double Secret Probation

Male

Default **GAME #3 USC (19-7) vs. Auburn (22-7) Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Important, only in your own mind. Just find it funny when people say they are done, yet still come back only to complain more.

Is complaining or complaining about complaining worse?

Sorry I was mad. It's called the heat of the moment. Maybe I shouldn't get so bothered when I come on here and see people accepting defeat.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:40 AM   #91
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
Good point, BG. I think that we get too enamored of the starters and a couple of relievers. With Tyler Johnson out, we seem to rely too heavily on guys like Reagan, who is better as a set-up man than a closer (and better still as a communicator - in fact, he is a Great Communicator). If we gave some other guys a chance, it would pay off in postseason when you need more depth.

Of course, if we had Tyler Johnson ready, it would be a moot point. He would be pitching instead of Reagan and we probably win. That would give us another series win, first place in the league and no one would be complaining......
Unfortunately, my gut is telling me that his "soreness" is something more that they're just not telling us.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote