CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Ace Dilcock
carolina_corpsman
HotSoup
FurmanCock
Ironfan
Flameout12
rt3891
TAFC 5 1981
2k15
Captain9Dragons
Noon kickoff for Ole (760)
I'VE GOT SOMETHING T (610)
QB Play vs. WR Play (446)
Former USC Assistant (246)
Carolina Coliseum ph (105)
vBookie Request: Post Req
Gator Fan's Perspective o
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
QB Play vs. WR Play
***Women's Soccer 2018 Se
2018 Signee - Tyquan John
Carolina Coliseum photos?
Noon kickoff for Ole Miss
The difference in our 5 s
Convince me these are all

Old 10-09-2018, 11:01 PM   #1
NYSC
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
NYSC is making other chickens nervousNYSC is making other chickens nervousNYSC is making other chickens nervousNYSC is making other chickens nervousNYSC is making other chickens nervousNYSC is making other chickens nervousNYSC is making other chickens nervous
Default Jake Bentley or Bust

Does Gamecock Nation agree with you canít lose your spot because of injury? I donít ....Tom Brady I rest my case...
NYSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:07 PM   #2
Cocky2001
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 5400
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Jake Bentley or Bust

Duwayne Johnson lost his starting job as a junior to Warren Sapp a freshman due to injury...The Rock went into acting and Sapp to the NFL...

The question is wrong here though...Scar won with zero interceptions...Jake is 1-7 against ranked teams and has ints all over the place.

Here is the question since Jake is starting this week, "What is the over/under for the first pick 6 this week?"

I want to be down for before the 10:28 mark of the second quarter.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:09 PM   #3
bcolinc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot materialbcolinc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSC View Post
Does Gamecock Nation agree with you canít lose your spot because of injury? I donít ....Tom Brady I rest my case...
Excellent.
bcolinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:11 PM   #4
NYSC
Walk On

Male

NYSC is making other chickens nervousNYSC is making other chickens nervousNYSC is making other chickens nervousNYSC is making other chickens nervousNYSC is making other chickens nervousNYSC is making other chickens nervousNYSC is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
Duwayne Johnson lost his starting job as a junior to Warren Sapp a freshman due to injury...The Rock went into acting and Sapp to the NFL...

The question is wrong here though...Scar won with zero interceptions...Jake is 1-7 against ranked teams and has ints all over the place.

Here is the question since Jake is starting this week, "What is the over/under for the first pick 6 this week?"

I want to be down for before the 10:28 mark of the second quarter.

I agree he doesnít know how to throw it away so there will be intís. I think 4th qtr because he will play conservative trying not to loose his spot...then he will force it because we are two tds behind...
Old 10-09-2018, 11:27 PM   #5
Cocky2001
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 5400
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I agree he doesnít know how to throw it away so there will be intís. I think 4th qtr because he will play conservative trying not to loose his spot...then he will force it because we are two tds behind...
I want all of our QBs to excel...I know that I am negative on Bent right now but the stats for him aren't good. He is still recovering. We have a QB that played well last week. It just makes sense to start Scar and let Bent come in if Scar falters. Best case scenario, Scar plays well, we win, Bent heals for another week. Worst case scenario, Scar humps the pooch, Bent comes in with a chance to save the day.

I don't get the decision to start Bent this week.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:59 AM   #6
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Does Gamecock Nation agree with you can’t lose your spot because of injury? I don’t ....Tom Brady I rest my case...
I think there's a very big difference between this case and the Tom Brady case. Tom Brady came in for an injury that sidelined Drew Bledsoe for 2+ months so he had a large body of work against both good and bad teams. Scar played for 1 game against a bad pass defense, you're not going to lose your job due to injury in that case if you're Bentley. You can lose your job to injury but the vast majority of the time it's an injury that keeps you out for substantially more than 1 game so that there's a legit sample size to go off of. So I think your point is FOS, especially because you used a much larger injury window in the Brady/Bledsoe case than in this case which makes the two situations not comparable.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:24 AM   #7
NYSC
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
I think there's a very big difference between this case and the Tom Brady case. Tom Brady came in for an injury that sidelined Drew Bledsoe for 2+ months so he had a large body of work against both good and bad teams. Scar played for 1 game against a bad pass defense, you're not going to lose your job due to injury in that case if you're Bentley. You can lose your job to injury but the vast majority of the time it's an injury that keeps you out for substantially more than 1 game so that there's a legit sample size to go off of. So I think your point is FOS, especially because you used a much larger injury window in the Brady/Bledsoe case than in this case which makes the two situations not comparable.

Ok well then I submit Blake Mitchell
Old 10-10-2018, 01:34 AM   #8
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20020
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Blake Mitchell was pulled due to being a pocket passer behind an awful OL while Newton was the duel threat and Spurrier thought Newton's mobility would be able to protect him more from that atrocious OL.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:36 AM   #9
tedginn07
Walk On

Male

tedginn07 has hatched from the shell

Texas a&m will hit that knee a couple and I’m sorry to say it but I don’t think jakes knee is all the way healed. Remember it’s his leading leg when throwing. He won’t be mobile at all. And he passes may not have as much zip as usual, but I wish him the best.
tedginn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:40 AM   #10
wincocks84
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5775
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

Well either Bentley is going to be motivated now that he knows there is a viable backup, or he is going to play nervous. I hope he does well and leads us to a win. I also hope that if he is not having a good day, the staff pulls him before we are too far down.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:46 AM   #11
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 13771
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
He wouldn't be losing his spot due to injury. It would be because Scar outplayed him... But seriously, why not play Scar another week? We have a bye coming up next, it would give Bentley's knee 3 weeks to heal.
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:48 AM   #12
AtlGAMECOCK
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 964742
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

Quote:
Blake also got into trouble
Old 10-10-2018, 07:50 AM   #13
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000
Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

I think Bentley will come out with a hot hand and will play very well.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:49 AM   #14
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Are we all in agreement that UK is a bunch of dirty MFers that are out to injure the opposition? Jake this year and Deebo last year...Stoops can kiss my...UK has taken over the #3 spot of teams I despise.

They whispered to him, "You can not withstand the storm." He whispered back, "I am the storm."

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #15
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1343234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Have to play the hot hand right now. And I think that is Scar. If he stinks it up, Bentley will be in.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:32 AM   #16
Flips
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Flips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPitFlips rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky2001 View Post
Not many of those teams had defenses as bad as A&M does. Non-mobile QBs cannot single-handedly take over a game, not when the OL is giving up pressure and the receivers aren't getting separation. All of that causes him to have to force the ball. Mizzou got VERY little pressure against Scarnecchia and he was able to hit enough guys over the middle to make it work. If A&M can't get pressure then Bentley is going to go to town on them.
Flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:42 AM   #17
NYSC
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flips View Post
Not many of those teams had defenses as bad as A&M does. Non-mobile QBs cannot single-handedly take over a game, not when the OL is giving up pressure and the receivers aren't getting separation. All of that causes him to have to force the ball. Mizzou got VERY little pressure against Scarnecchia and he was able to hit enough guys over the middle to make it work. If A&M can't get pressure then Bentley is going to go to town on them.

Disagree no points on the board is what cause O-lines to give up not being rewarded with anything except 3 and outs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2018, 10:00 AM   #18
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
Blake also got into trouble
And the following year was benched for 5 games (Chris Smelley). I think Dylan is the only USC QB the HBC never benched.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:54 AM   #19
G&B
time for a joyride...

Male

CockyCash: 200
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Bentley....Prius

Potayto....Potahto
Old 10-10-2018, 12:24 PM   #20
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 7994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material

We all need to be clear here.

Jake Bentley lost the starting job by his play in big games. Then he got injured on one of the last drives of one of his shit show performances and he got bailed out.

HOW THE HELL OUR COACHING STAFF DOESN'T SEE THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!

So they are saying a hobbled Bentley shit show is better than the poise and collected play we saw in a win last week? Hopefully I am wrong but I feel like tamu will embarrass us on our own field mainly because of jake.

All of you say those losses are not ALL ON JAKE. Do not know a damn thing about football your QB manages the entire game and how it goes. He has 3-4 turnovers by throwing balls into window cracks of blanketed receivers and missing and throwing the ball to damn hard to corral half of the time your defense CAN NOT win you the game against ranked teams when they are always on the field and on their backs don't care if you have bamas depth it is not happening. You have to be able to score more than 10-17 against ranked teams and I know there has been fumbles on other guys on offense but the ass whoopings we've had the past couple of years are all on jake. The proof is in the film go look fans and coaches.
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote