CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
carolina_corpsman
TastyLicks
ShutTheSuccop
sporkgod50
Blitzkrieg
thekob
SanAntonioCock
Ace Dilcock
MountainCock
Alshon Jeffery (1471)
Pats - Jags Game Fix (1108)
Stephen Gilmore (992)
Caption This Pic (971)
South Carolina Gamec (807)
The 2018 Big Dance T (514)
I had a dream last n (324)
Breaking down the Ga (324)
Super Bowl LII Alsh (319)
2018 Spring Scrimmag (160)
Caption This Pic
2018 - PF - EJ Montgomery
2021 - Quenton Barnes
Alshon Jeffery
Breaking down the Gamecoc
All (half) Decade team: 2
PODCAST: The Spurs Up Sho
How Many 247- 4 Stars in
South Carolina Gamecocks
2018 Commitment - Bryce T

Old Today, 10:57 AM   #101
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material
Default Re: COD: WWII

This is the first COD I purchased in years so I'm sort of out of the loop, although I'm familiar with boosting. This happened to me the other night. I couldn't figure out why my teammate was doing this. Thanks for the headsup. This guy actually got upset and msg'ed me when I captured a flag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckCPA View Post
The other thing I have recently noticed that is beyond annoying is people XP boosting on CTF. You get more points for kills if you are carrying the enemy's flag. This is great except that your team loses the game because some jacka$$ is running around with the flag instead of planting it. Hardmode would solve this as you could just kill your own team's carrier. Or they should remove the bonus for flag carrier kills
Old Today, 11:24 AM   #102
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Question for the group - do you notice any difference in playability after increasing your ISP speed? I have about 22mps now. I have never really had trouble but my son likes to watch Twitch and my daughter has been loading pictures recently. All this has led to lots of glitching.

That got me to thinking about all the times that my opponents just seem faster than me. Maybe that is because I am an old man and they are 12 - but still...

I also recently changed my Xbox to hardwire from wireless and have not noticed much difference - not sure if I should or not.

So - does anyone see a benefit to jumping up to 50mps or higher?
If your internet is performing well enough, kicking it up won't really show an impact. Now, if you tone it down or your service is a shithole and you move it up ... then you'd notice changes.

If you have a good router and your system is in range, you theoretically shouldn't notice a difference in hardwire vs wireless. Is that always the case? No, but in theory you should get the same performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:26 AM   #103
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
This is the first COD I purchased in years so I'm sort of out of the loop, although I'm familiar with boosting. This happened to me the other night. I couldn't figure out why my teammate was doing this. Thanks for the headsup. This guy actually got upset and msg'ed me when I captured a flag.
Capture the Flag used to be one of my favorite matches, and they used to have it in Hardcore mode, so it's interesting that they don't. You used to have teammates sitting at the capture location and as soon as you'd get there ... boom ... they'd pick it up and cap it.

Quote:
I agree with Cack.
Old Today, 11:27 AM   #104
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Question for the group - do you notice any difference in playability after increasing your ISP speed? I have about 22mps now. I have never really had trouble but my son likes to watch Twitch and my daughter has been loading pictures recently. All this has led to lots of glitching.

That got me to thinking about all the times that my opponents just seem faster than me. Maybe that is because I am an old man and they are 12 - but still...

I also recently changed my Xbox to hardwire from wireless and have not noticed much difference - not sure if I should or not.

I have 50 mps supposedly, and I still find that at prime times seems like 7 or 8 pm or on weekends the games can get really glitchy, not sure if that's on my end or the servers are just over loaded.
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:28 AM   #105
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
does anyone else have an issue getting kills when they have double xp? anytime I have get any kind of bonus xp I lose like every gun fight. I started playing this afternoon went 34/15 and 20/8 in my first two games then got double xp for completing some challenge and my next 3 games were all like 8/19 (or something equally as bad)...once the bonus expired I go 28/10 in the next game. Its like this every time I have some kind of bonus doesn't matter what kind.

Just play in Hardcore mode and all that goes away. It'll take a little time to get used to, but it doesn't take 10 rounds to kill someone and they look at you and you die.

You also don't need to know how many rounds you have. You kill someone or a small ground ... reload. In the past few weeks that I've had the game, I've ran completely out of ammo like once or twice. Unless you're doing some major camping ... you won't have a problem with running out of ammo.

Quote:
I agree with Cack.
Old Today, 11:44 AM   #106
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Just play in Hardcore mode and all that goes away. It'll take a little time to get used to, but it doesn't take 10 rounds to kill someone and they look at you and you die.

You also don't need to know how many rounds you have. You kill someone or a small ground ... reload. In the past few weeks that I've had the game, I've ran completely out of ammo like once or twice. Unless you're doing some major camping ... you won't have a problem with running out of ammo.
Haha that's so true. I've nailed guys like 5 times with the heavy damage rounds and they don't die, they hit me once and I'm toast.
Old Today, 03:50 PM   #107
RedneckCPA
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
RedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
Haha that's so true. I've nailed guys like 5 times with the heavy damage rounds and they don't die, they hit me once and I'm toast.
THis has been a great thread for relieving my anger! I switched to hardwire this weekend and had several bonuses - and my K/D went in the tank. I am by no means an elite player but I am better than 9/30 or some of the stupid scores I was seeing. So I have been trying to figure out what was going on. I was trying out the FG42. But ultimately, I attributed it to my daughter backing up 500 pictures on Google....

But I definitely was having a lot of the issues where I would hit them with a full clip in the head and they would survive while I would die from one shot. My son learned some new words (actually - he has heard all those before...). I chalked this up to bandwidth - my connection being a little slower so where I thought I was hitting them, I was actually just behind them while they were clipping me direct. Part of the reason I think this is because on the Killcam - the guy killing me wouldn't even be pointing at me and he would get the kill. Definitely frustrating.

But then I got the Oil Can Waffe 28 with a silencer and restored my good mood...

Good thread for me today!
RedneckCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:59 PM   #108
carolina_corpsman
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
THis has been a great thread for relieving my anger! I switched to hardwire this weekend and had several bonuses - and my K/D went in the tank. I am by no means an elite player but I am better than 9/30 or some of the stupid scores I was seeing. So I have been trying to figure out what was going on. I was trying out the FG42. But ultimately, I attributed it to my daughter backing up 500 pictures on Google....

But I definitely was having a lot of the issues where I would hit them with a full clip in the head and they would survive while I would die from one shot. My son learned some new words (actually - he has heard all those before...). I chalked this up to bandwidth - my connection being a little slower so where I thought I was hitting them, I was actually just behind them while they were clipping me direct. Part of the reason I think this is because on the Killcam - the guy killing me wouldn't even be pointing at me and he would get the kill. Definitely frustrating.

But then I got the Oil Can Waffe 28 with a silencer and restored my good mood...

Good thread for me today!
I've been rocking the MG 15 with extended mag, steady aim, and FMJ. not very accurate, but I just lay down a wall of fire.
Old Today, 04:25 PM   #109
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

"The Resistance event begins tomorrow! There’s a lot coming to WWII over the next 5 weeks and Tuesday morning’s update will have a bunch of great new content and ways to play. We’re looking forward to playing with you, and seeing your reaction in game.
The Sledgehammer Games channels will have the full details tomorrow once the update has gone live. A few notable items include a console fix to the spectator bug, the addition of the emblem gallery feature, a tuning change to increase the speed of health regen, and of course, the new Resistance Division and new Resistance themed weapons, including the special weapon orders for directly earning them through match play (fwiw, the Volkssturmgewehr is one of my favorite ARs right now.) Prop Hunt, Demolition, Domination XL, HQ updates, and a host of other surprises are just around the corner."

-Sledgehammer Games co-founder Michael Condrey
Old Today, 04:32 PM   #110
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

Quote:

I recently changed my ISP speed and cannot tell a difference. I went from 20 down and 2 up to 100 down and around 11 up. When I had 20 down and it would drop to 7-10 I could tell a difference sometimes.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:32 PM   #111
Gamecock303
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post

I was playing HC...if I managed to hit someone, like the guy I hit twice in the chest from like 10 ft with the BAR I would only get hit markers, but most of the time I would get one shot killed in the shoulder or leg. it was ridiculous.
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:36 PM   #112
Gamecock303
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

I wonder if domination XL will carry over to HC...I doubt it but I can hope
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote