CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
kick_ball
AndersonCock
carolina_corpsman
CockNJersey
MountainCock
Order 66
SwampFox
Canefaninsc
Spur's Addiction
VERY interesting. E (1849)
tv refresh rate for (453)
USC Bowl pick plus a (436)
Mike Ayers Retires (262)
2019 Desmond Little (229)
2020 - Kevin Swint (212)
CHRISTMAS MUSIC THRE (141)
Official Gamecock Ta (128)
OK...the RRHoF is ju (0)
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
The Trip to Tampa
Thoughs On Men's BB At Ex
2018 - KJ Henry
Bentley Offensive Philoso
Mike Ayers Retires
2018 - Channing Tindall
2020 - Kevin Swint
2019 Desmond Little
2019 - Quavaris Crouch

Old 11-29-2017, 11:03 AM   #41
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 76600600
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Best Christmas Movies

I really enjoy The Family Stone

Great case and great movie IMO, especially for families who have or are dealing with loss
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:02 PM   #42
Dizzy01
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11000
Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Christmas Story is my absolute favorite but Deck the Halls and Four Christmases aren't bad either.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 12:13 PM   #43
thekob
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
I have always had a bizarre love for the oddly dark 60's version of 'Babes in Toyland' with the great Ed Wynn and Ray Bolger of The Wizard of Oz fame. Something about the look of it brings me back to another time and space. Very few movies transport me like that one does. This, The Wizard of Oz and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang do something to my memory recall. I can almost smell and feel things from my childhood on some level.

The 1950's 'A Christmas Carol' is probably my favorite though. Absolutely magical!
I had no idea there was a 60's version. the 1986 TV Movie version was an integral part of my childhood.

Check out that all-star cast!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090683/
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:06 PM   #44
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 1271336615
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
I have always had a bizarre love for the oddly dark 60's version of 'Babes in Toyland' with the great Ed Wynn and Ray Bolger of The Wizard of Oz fame. Something about the look of it brings me back to another time and space. Very few movies transport me like that one does. This, The Wizard of Oz and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang do something to my memory recall. I can almost smell and feel things from my childhood on some level.

The 1950's 'A Christmas Carol' is probably my favorite though. Absolutely magical!

Starting to watch theses movies tonight while I study. I will start with the 1950's Christmas Carol (if I can find it)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrooge_(1951_film)

If this is the one, it is available on youtube

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:21 PM   #45
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 22185
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material

Rewatched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation yesterday. Classic. That's a tough one to beat.
NAGamec0ckFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:28 PM   #46
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Disney's A Christmas Carol (the latest with Jim Carey voicing Scrooge)
The Polar Express
Little Man and I watch these on Christmas Eve, while enjoying hot cocoa. Our little tradition, if you will.

BUT...Christmas for me doesn't start until Santa passes in front of Macy's and really kicks into full force once I watch "Rudolph, the Red Nose Reindeer", and enjoy the melodies of Burl Ives. #bumblesbounce
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:43 PM   #47
CockyCody
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000400
CockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot materialCockyCody is USC mascot material

I enjoy most of the same ones already listed but I think Four Christmases is funny as hell. If you've never seen it, you need to give it a try.
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:27 PM   #48
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 151101
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
The Polar Express
Good one.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:18 PM   #49
Wham
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Wham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
White Christmas (If only for Bing's song)

dude the song is good but Vera-Ellen's legs are epic
Wham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:22 PM   #50
Wham
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Wham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekob View Post
I had no idea there was a 60's version. the 1986 TV Movie version was an integral part of my childhood.

Check out that all-star cast!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090683/

I got hung up in a weird way on the Laurel and Hardy version - I still have issues to work through from that one
Wham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:58 PM   #51
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

In no particular order:

Miracle on 34th Street
White Christmas
Christmas Story
It's a Wonderful Life
The Family Stone

I also love the TV shows How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Charlie Brown. I watched those shows every year when I was little and that's how I knew Christmas was close by. I love Christmas, but I don't get the excitement about it that I used to. I think it's because my fam lives in Texas. I'm very family oriented, esp during the holidays.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:56 PM   #52
AR1
NEVER LOSING LOVE!

Female

CockyCash: 915500
AR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot material

We loved watching CHRISTMAS IN MISS tonight because Jana Kramer starred in it !
Old 12-10-2017, 09:31 PM   #53
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 1012700
MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material

christmas vacation
Four Christmases
a christmas carol george c scott
friday after next
a christmas story

MACXIMVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:59 PM   #54
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062190122800
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Home Alone 1 and 2 ... 3rd one sucked

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:12 PM   #55
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Home Alone 1 and 2 ... 3rd one sucked
You know my favorite parts of Home Alone are the first act when they show Kevin's interaction with his family (though the shower scene may have leaned into Sandusky territory) and the scene with old man Marley (I love that they named him Marley as a throwback to a Christmas Carol). I haven't watched this movie in over 15 years. It is high time I correct this.

Old Man Marley was played by Roberts Blossom. He was an actor but a poet as well. He died in 2011.

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
Old 12-10-2017, 10:16 PM   #56
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:18 PM   #57
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post

While watching this, I felt a body part grow, like, three sizes. ...how could it be so? I came without ribbons. I came without tags. I came without packages, boxes or bags...

Old 12-11-2017, 04:25 PM   #58
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 63940
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

National Lampoon Christmas Vacation for the win.

Never ever got into a Christmas Story.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote