CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
2k15
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
SanAntonioCock
TastyLicks
uscjeremynca
Spur's Addiction
2000grad
Cack's Toast of the (815)
Wildcat? (763)
MJ Webb (746)
Charges revealed for (737)
Freeeze: What I did (725)
Should we go hurry-u (628)
College Station? (588)
Arkansas Kickoff Tim (480)
2018 - Mario Dungey (416)
Ryan Succop on NFL r (385)
Coach Staley's big weeken
Our chances against aTm
Jake Bentley analysis
W-B Stadium Parking
2018 - Trajan Jeffcoat
Champions of life
Interesting David William
Muschamp Presser question
Snoop's take on how the n
College Football 2017

Old 09-13-2017, 12:41 PM   #1
uscgmck
I'm Baaacck

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material
Default CFN Kentucky vs. South Carolina Fearless Prediction & Game Preview

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/...n-game-preview

One Reason Why South Carolina Will Win Deebo Samuel.

One Reason Why Kentucky Will Win Kentucky is playing very South Carolina-like so far.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:43 PM   #2
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material
Default Re: CFN Kentucky vs. South Carolina Fearless Prediction & Game Preview

But is Kentucky playing very South Carolina-like though? Other than playing close games they seem to have a lot more glaring weaknesses than we do.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #3
cjerickson
5th Year Transfer

Male

CockyCash: 456
cjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudlycjerickson is crowing loudly

anyone else sick of hearing how much we were outplayed by NC State? I can't imagine anyone who has any football knowledge and watched the game thinking that.
cjerickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:06 PM   #4
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 57500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Seems like everyone wants to make a big deal about the last 2 games the teams played. Its a new week and a new game. Kentucky very well could have been saving up their best game until they were an underdog.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:06 PM   #5
evilpoptart
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 0
evilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart

i suspect the people who keep saying south carolina was outplayed by NC state didnt watch the game and only read the box score.
evilpoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:12 PM   #6
CapitolCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000002258
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Whoever wrote this basically took a shot us for how we played in our two games, yet managed to win, and then says that Kentucky is 2-0 regardless of how the sausage is made...
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:34 PM   #7
lfowens
4-Star

lfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjerickson View Post
anyone else sick of hearing how much we were outplayed by NC State? I can't imagine anyone who has any football knowledge and watched the game thinking that.
Primarily because they gained a lot more yards, had more time of possession, and more first downs. Most of the time if you win those three, you win the game.....that is probably why people are saying that. Personally I am glad to have more points on the board at the end of the game (that is why we play the game) - no one can dispute that!!!!
lfowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:43 PM   #8
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitolCock View Post
Whoever wrote this basically took a shot us for how we played in our two games, yet managed to win, and then says that Kentucky is 2-0 regardless of how the sausage is made...
This writer's language and tone towards our game is pretty laughable. They obviously didn't watch our first two games and saw that Deebo was responsible for getting us going in both games, and that our offense didn't put up gaudy numbers otherwise. A lot of national pundits don't pay attention to how each team game plans and what their strategies are going into each game, they just look at the stat sheet and make assumptions.

I agree it's ridiculous how much he discredits our team only to give UK a pass on how they became 2-0 playing against nobodies. He even mentions special teams helping out our offense like that's a bad trait to have. You could look at it that way, but imo I see that even on our lackluster days of production, we have other areas on the field that can make up for it. This team will be second guessed and doubted all year, but we're going to make some noise before it's all said and done. 8-9 wins are in our sights, easily.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:01 PM   #9
nellanaesp
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
nellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudlynellanaesp is crowing loudly

Has he even watched us play? It's like he simply looked at the stat lines for our games and went from there. Our Offense has been fine.. sure, slow on a few drives, but it's done enough to win the games.
nellanaesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:03 PM   #10
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1668234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think the total yards are what people are looking at. And they ran like 1000 plays on our defense.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #11
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitolCock View Post
That's when I quit reading. Clearly this guy was trying to make a deadline and just threw this garbage together with no real understanding of either team.
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:11 PM   #12
evilpoptart
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 0
evilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart

I cruised the kentucky fan boards and I really do think they have false hope based on two single digit wins against really low level competition. I dont really think they realize what type of hornets nest the wildcats are walking into this week. Their confidence is based purely on a 3 game win streak despite it coming against some of South Carolina's worst offensive and/or defensive teams in 18 years.
evilpoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:23 PM   #13
FurmanCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

The grammar errors in that article almost made it unreadable. I guess editor positions are a thing of the past now.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:25 PM   #14
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 201000
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Yea but I can see where these writers are coming from. We were told that this was a great offense, and so far this season it has not been shown to be true
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:36 PM   #15
Roosterdog
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot materialRoosterdog is USC mascot material

Quote:
35-28.
Roosterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:39 PM   #16
SCohioBoy
Buckle up, BOOM Comin'

Male

SCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot materialSCohioBoy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
Yea but I can see where these writers are coming from. We were told that this was a great offense, and so far this season it has not been shown to be true
Yet our offense is doing their job and has played two power 5 teams, one of whom has one of the best Dlines in the country. But I get it, being a negative poster is your MO.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:44 PM   #17
Wagz
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Wagz is developing his combWagz is developing his combWagz is developing his combWagz is developing his combWagz is developing his combWagz is developing his combWagz is developing his combWagz is developing his combWagz is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurmanCock View Post
The grammar errors in that article almost made it unreadable. I guess editor positions are a thing of the past now.
Exactly. How does anyone with a complete lack of basic grammar, get a job writing articles for a living?
Wagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:52 PM   #18
carolinafan53186
1st Team All-SEC

Male

carolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
We were told it would be improved. Th ats a long way from great.

Plus A muschamp offense will never be considered great
Old 09-13-2017, 03:01 PM   #19
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Yet our offense is doing their job and has played two power 5 teams, one of whom has one of the best Dlines in the country. But I get it, being a negative poster is your MO.
Agreed. They've been efficient and made plays when they needed to. Last year we were abysmal and a perennial 3&out team until midway into the season. Some people expect offenses to keep their foot on the gas during the whole game. I think what our coaches have been doing is very calculated and methodical. They understand player conditions and our depth issues in some areas, so they're going to call the game accordingly. What's the point in putting players at risk of injury when you're already up 3 possessions late in the game? I understand wanting to run a team out of the stadium, but this strategy keeps our guys healthier moving into the next week than all those teams that try to light up scoreboards instead of just getting the W and moving on. We're doing what it takes to win and not having to bust our asses and cross our fingers in the waning seconds to do so (I know NC State was close in the end, but we were in control the entire game, and would've still been tied should they have scored & made the PAT).
Old 09-13-2017, 07:46 PM   #20
kacrosinsc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 100200
kacrosinsc is developing his combkacrosinsc is developing his combkacrosinsc is developing his combkacrosinsc is developing his combkacrosinsc is developing his combkacrosinsc is developing his combkacrosinsc is developing his combkacrosinsc is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurmanCock View Post
Ha! I noticed that as well. The editor should be fired. Hard to find a writer credible when he made so many grammatical errors.
kacrosinsc is offline   Reply With Quote