CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
Master Bedroom
HotSoup
Flameout12
carolina_corpsman
rt3891
PFW79
TAFC 5 1981
Order 66
ConwayGamecock
The Marshall Game (900)
30 injured at floor (378)
Breakfast... The mos (336)
I'VE GOT SOMETHING T (89)
2 ticket for Tenness (21)
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
FBI Charges of Fraud &
*** 2018 Carolina Panther
***Women's Soccer 2018 Se
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
The difference in our 5 s
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
In-game adjustments, conf
Why are we so bad 1st hal
The Marshall Game

Old 01-21-2018, 04:58 PM   #1
TaySC
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 0
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material
Question TV in the garage

OK, I have read a lot of solid information on here about the various smart TV's and things that people are adding to best utilize them.

I have a TV in the garage that is a fllatscreen, but is not a smart TV that I want to be able to watch things like watchESPN, as well as the main sports networks (ESPN, ESPN2, FOX, SECN, etc...).

I know nothing about things like Sling, Ruku, etc.

Outside of running a new cable for my Dish and paying the extra fees, what is a good way to get it to where I can pickup these sports channels on my garage TV?

My internet is actually AT&T DSL on WiFi.

What are my best options and do I need to buy a smart TV for the garage or can I use what I have? (Living room and bedrooms have smartTV's, but inherited a 6 year old flatscreen that isn't, so that's what I put in the garage.)
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:17 PM   #2
SirBigSpur84
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
SirBigSpur84 is developing his combSirBigSpur84 is developing his combSirBigSpur84 is developing his combSirBigSpur84 is developing his combSirBigSpur84 is developing his combSirBigSpur84 is developing his combSirBigSpur84 is developing his combSirBigSpur84 is developing his combSirBigSpur84 is developing his comb
Default Re: TV in the garage

Get a basic ROKU (30$) and run the WATCHESPN app using the permissions from whoever is your satellite provider. You'll be streaming through the internet you'll need at least 5 MBS internet speed. Be sure to set up your online account with Dish or DIRECTV and use that as your login info for WATCHESPN. Nothing to it... it shouldn't take any longer than 30 minutes to put it all together.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:49 PM   #3
willyb's hotdogs#1
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5400
willyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot materialwillyb's hotdogs#1 is USC mascot material

If you want to go the cheapest route, you can get an adapter that goes from your phone to hdmi into your tv’s hdmi input! It will display your phone screen on the tv, audio too. You simpy plug it in, stream espn on the phone, and your off and running. Beware, if you have a mistress or vulgar friends who send you texts, this will will be displayed on the large screen for all to see.

My other qb is a Bentley
willyb's hotdogs#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:33 PM   #4
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 850000
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyb's hotdogs#1 View Post
If you want to go the cheapest route, you can get an adapter that goes from your phone to hdmi into your tvís hdmi input! It will display your phone screen on the tv, audio too. You simpy plug it in, stream espn on the phone, and your off and running. Beware, if you have a mistress or vulgar friends who send you texts, this will will be displayed on the large screen for all to see.

Laptop connection fixes the second issue..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:54 PM   #5
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

I would say grab a roku and a decent antenna at Walmart. The Roku has a fairly user friendly interface, as well as a simple remote. You can log in watchESPN with your Dish Account and watch anything on ESPN for free. A decent antenna will get you ABC, CBS, FOX etc.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:46 AM   #6
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

We have an extra TV hanging around. I've thought about hooking it up out by the spa. But that would mean we'd have to run power to the hottub. lol. (We never hooked it back up after we moved a year or so ago.) And of course I don't think I could spend more than 10-15 mins out there at one time. of course it over looks the whole patio so that would be a bonus.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:18 AM   #7
ut_vols13
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
ut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPitut_vols13 rules the CockPit

https://www.dish.com/equipment/joey-...wireless-joey/
ut_vols13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:37 PM   #8
TaySC
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 0
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Thanks for the feedback. I ordered the basic Roku for $31 and will see how I like it.

Longterm I want to get rid of Dish as their prices are absolutely ridiculous and I watch less than 10 channels.

I did fail to mention that I have an OK antenna that picks up 3 of the local stations, so I'm good there I think.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote