CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
Master Bedroom
HotSoup
Flameout12
carolina_corpsman
rt3891
PFW79
TAFC 5 1981
Order 66
ConwayGamecock
The Marshall Game (866)
30 injured at floor (360)
Breakfast... The mos (325)
I'VE GOT SOMETHING T (48)
2 ticket for Tenness (19)
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
FBI Charges of Fraud &
*** 2018 Carolina Panther
***Women's Soccer 2018 Se
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
The difference in our 5 s
Bentley or Scarnecchia ?
In-game adjustments, conf
Why are we so bad 1st hal
The Marshall Game

Old 12-23-2017, 09:53 PM   #1
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Fortnite

Anyone play? Free battle royale game that is getting pretty popular.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:11 PM   #2
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2315723
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material
Default Re: Fortnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Anyone play? Free battle royale game that is getting pretty popular.
I've played a few times on PS4. It's similar to H1Z1 if you've played it.
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 01:48 AM   #3
RedneckCPA
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 800
RedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPit

My son and I have played if a few times. It is okay - not too enamored with it. I can get knocked out in the first 10 or survive until the top 10 so my lack of skill doesn't seem to have much impact. Seems like it is 95 posers every game and 5 hardcore people with the hardcore people winning every time.
RedneckCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 02:54 AM   #4
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 200
nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

Learn to collect resources & build/strategize if you wanna get better.

Landing in a lucky spot for loot helps too.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:03 PM   #5
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

I finally gave in and downloaded it the other night. I am having fun with it, primarily because it is something new. I am not a big fan of the building aspect, but I understand that is what separates the good from the bad players. It is a good distraction when COD WWII gets boring.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:12 PM   #6
Wybird
4-Star

Male

Wybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudlyWybird is crowing loudly

Been playing a lot of PUBG on Xbox. Same concept just more realistic and no building.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:14 PM   #7
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

My PUBG friends and I have been playing some fortnite lately. It seems to be less of a commitment to play a game. I'm not a huge fan of the building aspect, and don't like that you can't aim down sights. It's also really odd that every gun is hit scan except snipers. Feel like you should go all or nothing, though the snipers being hit scan probably would be pretty OP.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:22 PM   #8
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

Anyone play this on PS4? I am always looking to play with someone good so I can learn from them. PSN usc_yogi
Old 02-07-2018, 08:44 PM   #9
Y Formation
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

A two week game?
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:08 PM   #10
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I feel like playing on PS4 or console in general is a huge disadvantage unless you connect with a mouse and keyboard. EPIC doesn't support button mapping on controller so its really hard to build especially in the middle of gun fights. I think that is the only big drawback about this game for me. Ideally, I want to map the building to my paddles instead of having to press circle and then cycle through everything.

or it could be that I've watched Ninja too much and think I can do some of the stuff he does. That dude is ridiculous.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:12 PM   #11
USC_21
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 5776
USC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPit

https://youtu.be/7l527FkkWK4
USC_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:32 AM   #12
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC_21 View Post
Nice video. Wailing Woods has always one of been one of my favorite places to land because it was usually chill and you could collect lots of wood, but of course it has been ruined with it being included in the Battle Pass chest challenge for week 2. That place is Titled Towers Junior right now.

I am starting to have more fun playing Duos than Squads right now because it seems easier to be able to control the gun fights. Squads can get hectic, especially when you have 2 other squads involved in a fight, but the social aspect of Squads is always fun. There is always that one friend who will blow it so it is fun to pick on them, even if I'm the one who blows it.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:10 AM   #13
WayzUp
Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 465500
WayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot material

My boy switched from full time Minecraft nut (with mods - on PC) to a Fortnite one over the past month or two. He's really good, already has to 20 wins spread among the 3 game types...most are solo or duo as he says squad is too hard unless everyone is mic'd up because someone always rushes in, gives away their position by collecting wood/brick/metal when they need to be stealthy, etc etc etc etc.

I grew up on console so it's been a serious adjustment to get used to keyboard but I can tell that it's a serious advantage if you can learn it...just turning around 180 degrees is 10x faster it seems with a mouse than controller stick, not to mention building and switching hot keys.

Fun game but wish the map was a little bigger so you aren't pretty much forced to land with several other players. For me, this results in a situation that is first one to find a gun wins so I've resorted to going out of my way to land somewhere as far from the bus path as possible just to give myself a chance to gear up and get enough resources to build with. Even doing this, I get shot up in the first few seconds more often than not. But I usually finish top 10 in solo if I can gear up and get hot keys set with a couple hundred wood/brick/steel to build with.

The way my boy builds though....I fully realize my chances of winning the Battle Royale is about as good as USC hoops making the Final Four again this year.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #14
GamecockTilIdie
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 802
GamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot materialGamecockTilIdie is USC mascot material

I'm very late to this game, I thought it looked cheesy and dumb, but after playing it for the past 3 weeks I've kind of fallen in love with it. I've only won 2 solos and 2 duos but I'm usually in the top 3-5 most games. I still struggle a lot with the building aspect but man it's such a good feeling when you finally come out with the W!
GamecockTilIdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:27 AM   #15
WayzUp
Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 465500
WayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockTilIdie View Post
I'm very late to this game, I thought it looked cheesy and dumb, but after playing it for the past 3 weeks I've kind of fallen in love with it. I've only won 2 solos and 2 duos but I'm usually in the top 3-5 most games. I still struggle a lot with the building aspect but man it's such a good feeling when you finally come out with the W!
Building is KEY in Fortnite. Learn to build quickly/efficiently and the wins will come.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:52 AM   #16
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 850000
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

i wonder how much money the gaming industry has stolen from people in lost salarys/revenue.

i know a guy who got so addicted to gaming that he couldnt even work. his wife left him and he was flat ass broke. he wished he never saw a gaming console.

im just musing here..thats all.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 02:43 PM   #17
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
i wonder how much money the gaming industry has stolen from people in lost salarys/revenue.

i know a guy who got so addicted to gaming that he couldnt even work. his wife left him and he was flat ass broke. he wished he never saw a gaming console.

im just musing here..thats all.
Your post implies that it's the gaming industry's fault that people don't have self control. It's that guy's fault his life went to hell. The gaming industry didn't "steal" anything.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #18
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 850000
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
Your post implies that it's the gaming industry's fault that people don't have self control. It's that guy's fault his life went to hell. The gaming industry didn't "steal" anything.
yes, i see your point. agreed. i just see the computer and gaming taking down so many. its like a darn drug. just unfortunate, but again, i agree.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:27 PM   #19
USC_21
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 5776
USC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPitUSC_21 rules the CockPit

Trying to help yall complete some challenges for battle pass.

https://youtu.be/lkfS8C8qD6M
USC_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 10:06 AM   #20
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

It took a few tries but I took a squad win with USC_21.