CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
tcmac08
carolina_corpsman
thekob
kick_ball
TastyLicks
cack
COCKYWOOD
Spur's Addiction
DJ35
Master Bedroom
2018 SEC Tournament: (1451)
Game 1 Against Coast (1079)
2019 - Donavon Green (488)
Portnoy no longer co (266)
Spelunking Anyone? (265)
Mission Impossible o (247)
Happy Birthday South (190)
NBA Playoffs (176)
Found some Gamecock (133)
Football Seat Select (129)
2018 SEC Tournament:**USC
WBB Transfers
2018 SEC Tournament:**USC
Josh Belk
Game 1 Against Coastal
2019 Commitment - Ryan Hi
2019 - Donavon Greene
Chris Silva returning to
NBA Playoffs
Hosting as a 2 seed?

Old 11-28-2017, 10:41 AM   #1
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit
Default What Black Friday goodies did you get?

No tvs or sound systems, but I did pick up copies of Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy for $20 each. Of course they are presents from my wife, so I can't play them until after Christmas.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:50 AM   #2
CarolinaCJAM
Class of 2017

Male

CockyCash: 400
CarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudlyCarolinaCJAM is crowing loudly
Default Re: What Black Friday goodies did you get?

- 320 GB PS3 Slim Bundle with Call of Duty Black Ops 1 and 2 (My old, fat PS3 met it's death earlier this year and I can't do without the NCAA Football video games): $145

- Under Armour Speedform Slingride Women's Running Shoes (Pink - Christmas gift for girlfriend): $78

- Samsung HW-M450/ZA 2.1 Channel Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer: $158
Old 11-28-2017, 11:30 AM   #3
RedneckCPA
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
RedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPitRedneckCPA rules the CockPit

Rainbox Six Seige - $20
RedneckCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:31 AM   #4
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I got some clothes from Kohl's, some shoes from Merrell, some eats from CPWM, some more eats from D'Artagnan, kitchen gadgets from Amazon, and a bunch of dining and adventure deals from Groupon/Living Social. I went to most of these sites through Ebates so I have almost $200 coming back to me. If you aren't using Ebates you should. My link gets us both an additional $10: https://www.ebates.com/r/THEYAN41?eeid=28187

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:13 PM   #5
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post

I got some clothes from Kohl's, some shoes from Merrell, some eats from CPWM, some more eats from D'Artagnan, kitchen gadgets from Amazon, and a bunch of dining and adventure deals from Groupon/Living Social. I went to most of these sites through Ebates so I have almost $200 coming back to me. If you aren't using Ebates you should. My link gets us both an additional $10: https://www.ebates.com/r/THEYAN41?eeid=28187
What is the red contraption? I looked for some new shoes but didn't find any good deals or shoes I wanted at Khols or GB Shoe Warehouse. I need some new work shoes bad. I bought some Merrell slip ons in the early 2000s when they were still only around $70 and loved them, but they have jacked the price up way too much these days. I will have to check out the ebates.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:08 PM   #6
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Xbox one for $189.
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:17 PM   #7
HeadCockFan
gold jacket, green jacket

Male

CockyCash: 409892
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

24 pack of Bud Heavy cans for $10.99 at Food Lion.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:19 PM   #8
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
24 pack of Bud Heavy cans for $10.99 at Food Lion.
The lion never disappoints.

I picked up some tablets on Cyber Monday. To hell with running around on Black Friday.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:29 PM   #9
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
What is the red contraption? I looked for some new shoes but didn't find any good deals or shoes I wanted at Khols or GB Shoe Warehouse. I need some new work shoes bad. I bought some Merrell slip ons in the early 2000s when they were still only around $70 and loved them, but they have jacked the price up way too much these days. I will have to check out the ebates.
Countertop ice maker. The one in the fridge broke and the repairman said that it wasn't worth it to fix. Told me to get this. That was several years back and the fridge still keeps on working. This is my second counter top.

Fortunately there is a Merrill outlet store nearby. Much cheaper!

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 11-28-2017, 11:22 PM   #10
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 110510508
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Yancey what did that GPU set you back?
What game is it for?
Old 11-28-2017, 11:42 PM   #11
ChunkSnackwell
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10200
ChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot material

ChunkSnackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:01 AM   #12
Mechanical Cock
Two Deep

Male

Mechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot material

Vizio M55 E01 from target cyber monday $508+tax.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:54 AM   #13
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejrock View Post
Yancey what did that GPU set you back?
What game is it for?
It was crazy. The lowest price was from a third party Walmart seller. Order went through and then an hour before CM ended the order was cancelled. I had to scrape. Best deal at that time was from Newegg. After their sale price, free shipping and no tax, Ebates cash back, and credit card rewards I think that it came to around $429. My research had this card, the 1070 TI FTW2, gave the most bang for the buck. I didn't get it for any particular game. Just needed to upgrade from my existing GTX 970. I frequently have several browsers and hundreds of tabs open at once. I can use the extra oomph.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 11-29-2017, 01:42 AM   #14
ChunkSnackwell
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10200
ChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot material

Quote:
I frequently have several browsers and hundreds of tabs open at once. I can use the extra oomph.
You can't be serious. A $500 GPU upgrade for web browsing?
ChunkSnackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:30 AM   #15
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
It was crazy. The lowest price was from a third party Walmart seller. Order went through and then an hour before CM ended the order was cancelled. I had to scrape. Best deal at that time was from Newegg. After their sale price, free shipping and no tax, Ebates cash back, and credit card rewards I think that it came to around $429. My research had this card, the 1070 TI FTW2, gave the most bang for the buck. I didn't get it for any particular game. Just needed to upgrade from my existing GTX 970. I frequently have several browsers and hundreds of tabs open at once. I can use the extra oomph.
Has to be sarcasm... your CPU and RAM get killed by all those pages.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:15 AM   #16
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

Well, I DO play a wide variety of games so there is that. However I have a very large Dell ultra-wide monitor and frequently an additional smaller Samsung monitor going. Yes, I have multiple browsers and tabs open. It is why I have an i7 CPU and 64GB of RAM. Currently I have Edge, Firefox, and Vivaldi open with a few dozen tabs on each. I also have Chrome open with 325 tabs open. Even with all of that going on I can still play a game of Civ VI. Most of the open tabs are either for business or the WTF thread depending on how irascible I am feeling.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 11-29-2017, 02:21 PM   #17
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Fila running shoes - $23
32" TCL Roku TV - $177
HP 15-bs020WM, 15.6" Touch Laptop, Windows 10, Intel Pentium N3710 Quad Core Processor, 4GB Memory, 500GB Hard Drive, DVD - $274
Amazon Fire 8" HD tablet - $58 (technically a Cyber Monday deal - and I could have gotten it $8 cheaper at Target. Oops!)

Got some other stuff too - sheets, pillows, towels, dishes
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:36 PM   #18
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1593234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I went back to Best Buy and got $100 back on my Sonos Soundbar. Then spent $140 on a Sonos One portable speaker.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:14 PM   #19
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Fila running shoes - $23
32" TCL Roku TV - $177
HP 15-bs020WM, 15.6" Touch Laptop, Windows 10, Intel Pentium N3710 Quad Core Processor, 4GB Memory, 500GB Hard Drive, DVD - $274
Amazon Fire 8" HD tablet - $58 (technically a Cyber Monday deal - and I could have gotten it $8 cheaper at Target. Oops!)

Got some other stuff too - sheets, pillows, towels, dishes
I think that you will like the TCL. I picked this one up in July.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 11-29-2017, 08:04 PM   #20
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 260386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material

Turkey sandwich was all I got. I'll pay regular price for my shit.