CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
kick_ball
carolina_corpsman
FurmanCock
TaySC
COCKYWOOD
rabid cock
Captain9Dragons
TastyLicks
Blitzkrieg
2018 NCAA Softball T (4089)
PODCAST: The Transfe (763)
Colorado...Breck...B (352)
Josh Belk
AKORN GRILL FROM LOWE'S
Hosting as a 2 seed?
2019 - Chris Steele
2019 - Zacch Pickens
2019 - Tra Wilkins
**GAME #3 USC (31-22) vs.
2019 - Ben Smiley
2019 - Joseph Anderson
2018 NCAA Softball Tourna


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2018, 04:04 PM   #1
2000grad
Heisman Winner
 
2000grad's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 25,520
CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default The Cord Cutting Question thread

To be honest, I tried to read through some of the threads on this topic but there are so many questions I have about cutting the cord, I was hoping that some of you pros could help me out.

For instance:

1. If I cut out my satellite subscription, will my Watch ESPN account still work? If not, what do I need to do? Is there an extra fee to have one?
2. What option is the best for the selection of channels: Roku, Fire Stick, Sling, etc.? My viewing choices are the big 4 plus AMC, Food network, ESPN channels, Disney channel, Nick Jr and a few other channels I canít think of right off the bat
3. Is it best to have a couple different selections? Why?
4. Can you DVR with any of these services?

I might need to add to this later on. Thanks and I will give reps.
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:13 PM   #2
cack
ONE NINE 3
 
cack's Avatar
 
Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 26,286
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

We "cut the cord" last year, and have since gone with AT&T UVerse. What we noticed was once we canceled cable and they jacked our internet up ... by the time we bought/subscribed to Roku/Fire Stick, Netflix, Amazon, "Insert App Here" we were basically saving $10 a month. None of those offer DVR although there are additional apps that do offer this (at an additional charge). The other MAJOR issue we ran into was not being able to fast forward through commercials. It seems petty, but if you've been skipping them for a decade and then all of a sudden have to sit through them ... it gets old (so does listening to your wife complaining about having to watch them).
__________________
Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ


Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:25 PM   #3
2000grad
Heisman Winner
 
2000grad's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 25,520
CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
We "cut the cord" last year, and have since gone with AT&T UVerse. What we noticed was once we canceled cable and they jacked our internet up ... by the time we bought/subscribed to Roku/Fire Stick, Netflix, Amazon, "Insert App Here" we were basically saving $10 a month. None of those offer DVR although there are additional apps that do offer this (at an additional charge). The other MAJOR issue we ran into was not being able to fast forward through commercials. It seems petty, but if you've been skipping them for a decade and then all of a sudden have to sit through them ... it gets old (so does listening to your wife complaining about having to watch them).
U-verse is not an option for me, unfortunately
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:26 PM   #4
RockRocks787
Two Deep
 
RockRocks787's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 1,232
CockyCash: 200
RockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

1. I can't imagine that WatchESPN would still work if you cancel your acount.

2. I use Playstation Vue for my TV service. Of the channels you mentioned, the only one it doesn't have in Nick Jr. It does include WatchESPN too, and you don't have to have a Playstation to use it. Here's a link with the prices and channel list: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/channels/

My TV has Roku built in. It's nice to have, but if you do want actual channels, you will have to subscribe to a TV service. Sticks like Roku basically give your TV apps.

3. It can't hurt to have options, but you might have to pay more for them.

4. Playstation Vue does have DVR. You choose what shows you like and it automatically records episodes for you.
__________________


RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:28 PM   #5
2000grad
Heisman Winner
 
2000grad's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 25,520
CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRocks787 View Post
1. I can't imagine that WatchESPN would still work if you cancel your acount.

2. I use Playstation Vue for my TV service. Of the channels you mentioned, the only one it doesn't have in Nick Jr. It does include WatchESPN too, and you don't have to have a Playstation to use it. Here's a link with the prices and channel list: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/channels/

My TV has Roku built in. It's nice to have, but if you do want actual channels, you will have to subscribe to a TV service. Sticks like Roku basically give your TV apps.

3. It can't hurt to have options, but you might have to pay more for them.

4. Playstation Vue does have DVR. You choose what shows you like and it automatically records episodes for you.
Do you know if XBox live has the same options as PlayVue? Thanks
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:29 PM   #6
RockRocks787
Two Deep
 
RockRocks787's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Taylors, SC
Posts: 1,232
CockyCash: 200
RockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot materialRockRocks787 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Do you know if XBox live has the same options as PlayVue? Thanks
Looks like XBox uses Sling.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/entertain...-apps/sling-tv

Here's the channel lineup: https://www.sling.com/c/channels?classification=us
__________________


RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #7
uscbrasco
Blue Chip
 
uscbrasco's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: norfolk va
Posts: 560
CockyCash: 103536
uscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPituscbrasco rules the CockPit
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
To be honest, I tried to read through some of the threads on this topic but there are so many questions I have about cutting the cord, I was hoping that some of you pros could help me out.

For instance:

1. If I cut out my satellite subscription, will my Watch ESPN account still work? If not, what do I need to do? Is there an extra fee to have one?
2. What option is the best for the selection of channels: Roku, Fire Stick, Sling, etc.? My viewing choices are the big 4 plus AMC, Food network, ESPN channels, Disney channel, Nick Jr and a few other channels I can’t think of right off the bat
3. Is it best to have a couple different selections? Why?
4. Can you DVR with any of these services?

I might need to add to this later on. Thanks and I will give reps.
1. Your ability to watch ESPN will disappear. Supposedly a stand alone ESPN streaming service is coming either 2018 or 2019. I have used sling in the past. It works well, you can turn it on and off for the football season. It’s a good option.
2. I have a fire stick and a roku stick. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. Not sure if one is better than the other
3. If you watch a lot of TV cutting the cord may not be the best option. My wife and I do not watch much tv beyond gamecocks and a couple of shows we are willing to wait pop up in Netflix for. My kids watch PBS and the stuff in Netflix. As Cack said, if you have Netflix and Hulu and Slkng etc you are not going to save much.
4. Not sure

Also you will need an HD antenna to pick up your local broadcast stations
uscbrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:34 PM   #8
GoCocks03
Walk On
 
GoCocks03's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Aiken County
Posts: 39
CockyCash: 500
GoCocks03 is developing his combGoCocks03 is developing his combGoCocks03 is developing his combGoCocks03 is developing his combGoCocks03 is developing his combGoCocks03 is developing his combGoCocks03 is developing his combGoCocks03 is developing his comb
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

Try SlingTV or PS Vue on Roku with a free trial. You will need to cancel before the free trial ends and you wont get billed. Create a new gmail account and sign up for another free trial. That's how I've watched every Carolina game the last two seasons and I've paid $0.
GoCocks03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:57 PM   #9
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk
 
MikeTrainNC8's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,362
CockyCash: 999975894
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

I asked a similar question about streaming sticks during the holiday season (thanks again everyone for your feedback), and I ended up with the Roku Streaming Stick+.

After a month+ of using this device, I wholeheartedly recommend it. Super fast, zero load times, and the remote is connected to the device so you can use the remote without needing to point it at the TV. Also it allows you to turn the tv off and on and control the volume with that same remote. The voice function works well, but I hardly use it.

I use my parents watchespn account (they will always have digital cable IMO), so I still have that access. I use it primarily for Netflix, ESPN, Hulu, and Youtube (main reason why I chose it over the Fire). Plugs into the back of the TV and is never seen.

It does require about 10 min of setup to begin with, and you'll need to login to your respective accounts either on the TV or through the Roku website.

For local channels (fox, abc, cbs, nbc, etc), I use a digital hd antenna, which is around $20 and gets me access to about 25 channels for free (it's the gov'ts over the air HD channels) and the quality is superb.

All in all, no issues and I am very happy with my $40 Roku stick + purchase
__________________
MikeTrainNC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:58 PM   #10
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk
 
MikeTrainNC8's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,362
CockyCash: 999975894
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

And sounds like you might want to look into Hulu's offers, they are now pretty much owned by Disney
__________________
MikeTrainNC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:26 PM   #11
sc455
Heisman Candidate
 
sc455's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: south carolina
Posts: 15,752
CockyCash: 63940
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

The companies have it fugured out.you pay for hd service or cut the cable and have high internet prices to compensate. There is no saving real money.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:33 PM   #12
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American
 
carolina_corpsman's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 11,487
CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

If you have an xbox, get the xbox antenna adapter, a good OTA antenna, and sign up for sling. You will be able to run it all via xbox and get all your local channels as well as watch espn and most of if not all the channels you listed.

Use http://www.antennaweb.org/ to determine what strength/type of antenna needed.


https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microso...=ref:212,loc:2
carolina_corpsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:48 PM   #13
gamecockphan
1st Team All-American
 
gamecockphan's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 10,438
CockyCash: 102200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

Direct TV Now is what we use at our lakehouse. $35 per month and has all the channels you mentioned. It also has a guide so it’s the most like having cable. It doesn’t have DVR.
gamecockphan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:49 PM   #14
scfan2001
I'm comin for u
 
scfan2001's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Outback
Posts: 1,600
CockyCash: 200
scfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot materialscfan2001 is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

I have charter internet and sling tv. You use your sling login and get watch ESPN. I use an antenna for local stations. I don’t care about dvr or fast forwarding so it’s no issue. I had directv before, it takes a little to get used to but it’s fine for me. No issues watching football.
scfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:39 AM   #15
Senior Rooster
Game MVP
 
Senior Rooster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lexington. SC
Posts: 1,916
CockyCash: 7000
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfan2001 View Post
I have charter internet and sling tv. You use your sling login and get watch ESPN. I use an antenna for local stations. I don’t care about dvr or fast forwarding so it’s no issue. I had directv before, it takes a little to get used to but it’s fine for me. No issues watching football.
This is the best way to go. Sling Orange $20, Sports $5,DVR $5, Special package $10 plus tax $47. Gives you everything you could possibly want. Less than $50 for outside HD antenna gives all Locals more than 26 channels in SC.
__________________
WIN! EM! ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
OORAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Senior Rooster; 01-18-2018 at 08:07 AM..
Senior Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:47 AM   #16
TucockShakur
Blue Chip
 
TucockShakur's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2013
Location: SC
Posts: 997
CockyCash: 3000
TucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot materialTucockShakur is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
The companies have it fugured out.you pay for hd service or cut the cable and have high internet prices to compensate. There is no saving real money.
^ not at all true.
TucockShakur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #17
Gamecock in TX
Recruit
 
Gamecock in TX's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 158
CockyCash: 200
Gamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPitGamecock in TX rules the CockPit
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
The companies have it fugured out.you pay for hd service or cut the cable and have high internet prices to compensate. There is no saving real money.
Depends on where you are and what options you have. We were recently transferred back to IL for work and after my initial period with Comcast (when discount ended) I ditched all of their services. I had cable and internet (75mb download speed) from them for $190 per month out the door.

Now have Metronet internet (200mb download speed) for $62.15 out the door. Hulu & Netflix for $20 combined, and use Sling with sports add-on during CFB for another $30. Use the Sling credentials to watch sports through Watch ESPN app. Local antenna (Mohu Leaf) gets NBC, CBS, FOX, ABC.

Out the door about $112 during CFB season for $78/month savings. Just cancelled Sling until next CFB season, and will now be about $83 out the door for the next 7 months for about $107/month savings.

We get everything our 4 year old wants to watch, and with the network apps on the apple TVs/roku/fire stick can watch most anything we want (typically a few days behind) unless we watch live on antenna but we're ok with that. We hardly watch TV anyway outside of CFB.

The channels and options are out there to stream and watch what most everyone would need. Two biggest issues though, one of which you mention:

Cost of internet - can you get a good enough speed for low enough cost to make it worthwhile?

Speed of internet - if speed is bad, streaming is very irritating. Need to have good, reliable internet. Nothing worse than buffering in the middle of a game.
Gamecock in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:07 PM   #18
Senior Rooster
Game MVP
 
Senior Rooster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lexington. SC
Posts: 1,916
CockyCash: 7000
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock in TX View Post
Depends on where you are and what options you have. We were recently transferred back to IL for work and after my initial period with Comcast (when discount ended) I ditched all of their services. I had cable and internet (75mb download speed) from them for $190 per month out the door.

Now have Metronet internet (200mb download speed) for $62.15 out the door. Hulu & Netflix for $20 combined, and use Sling with sports add-on during CFB for another $30. Use the Sling credentials to watch sports through Watch ESPN app. Local antenna (Mohu Leaf) gets NBC, CBS, FOX, ABC.

Out the door about $112 during CFB season for $78/month savings. Just cancelled Sling until next CFB season, and will now be about $83 out the door for the next 7 months for about $107/month savings.

We get everything our 4 year old wants to watch, and with the network apps on the apple TVs/roku/fire stick can watch most anything we want (typically a few days behind) unless we watch live on antenna but we're ok with that. We hardly watch TV anyway outside of CFB.

The channels and options are out there to stream and watch what most everyone would need. Two biggest issues though, one of which you mention:

Cost of internet - can you get a good enough speed for low enough cost to make it worthwhile?

Speed of internet - if speed is bad, streaming is very irritating. Need to have good, reliable internet. Nothing worse than buffering in the middle of a game.
This is the best way to go. Sling Orange $20, DVR $5, Sports $5.Special package $10 plus tax $47. Gives you everything you could possibly want. Less than $50 for outside HD antenna gives all Locals more than 26 channels in SC. My Internet is $65 for 750 mb . Total $112. I get more channels than HULU or Directv Now or any other.

I had been paying $147 Directv/$65 Spectrum Internet for$212. I save $100 monthly.
__________________
WIN! EM! ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
OORAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Senior Rooster; 01-18-2018 at 08:09 AM..
Senior Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:31 PM   #19
BringBackGarcia
4-Star
 
BringBackGarcia's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Lexington
Posts: 408
CockyCash: 3000
BringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot materialBringBackGarcia is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucockShakur View Post
^ not at all true.
So enlighten me.

Last year I cut cable except for the basic channels (first 25 or whatever) in order to get cable/internet for around 60$ per month. Without, internet would've been 70+. I have Netflix, and at that time HBO and Hulu (I think...needed something for regular channel lineups). My total per month was about 100$.

New house, with charter now, and have internet, cable, and one box for 110$ per month. Without the cable box, the internet would've be 80$ and knock out any savings. Plus the pain and ugliness of having a HD antennae.

Serious question: How can I get HBO, Netflix, local channels, ESPN and sports, and access to HGTV stuff for less than 100$ per month without using some jail busted junk (I'm a grown man, not in college anymore).
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 02:21 PM   #20
thekob
Heisman Winner
 
thekob's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lexington
Posts: 23,673
CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackGarcia View Post
So enlighten me.

Last year I cut cable except for the basic channels (first 25 or whatever) in order to get cable/internet for around 60$ per month. Without, internet would've been 70+. I have Netflix, and at that time HBO and Hulu (I think...needed something for regular channel lineups). My total per month was about 100$.

New house, with charter now, and have internet, cable, and one box for 110$ per month. Without the cable box, the internet would've be 80$ and knock out any savings. Plus the pain and ugliness of having a HD antennae.

Serious question: How can I get HBO, Netflix, local channels, ESPN and sports, and access to HGTV stuff for less than 100$ per month without using some jail busted junk (I'm a grown man, not in college anymore).
You have a very specific set of demands, most of which you actually have to pay for. There's no getting around that.

Most people pay for internet regardless of what their decisions regarding television are. High cable costs vs high internet costs isn't a correct view, which is what he was referring to I think.
__________________
GOD
USA
SEC
thekob is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development