CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rt3891
Three and Out
Ace Dilcock
LegalCock
Master Bedroom
eightohhthree
PFW79
Blitzkrieg
TaySC
smoovecock
How is Jam Williams? (960)
Big day at the LBC h (357)
Sleep Well Tonight (319)
Aretha Franklin, the (231)
NCAA tournament run. (165)
just bought some pre (157)
Video review challen (105)
2 Clemson tickets fo (19)
2019 Commitment - DJ Dani
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
USC vs Coastal: Odds CCU
2019 - JR Walker
2019 - PG Josiah James (M
Sleep Well Tonight
Official 2018 Atlanta Bra
NCAAF: COASTAL CAROLINA @
Grilling Chicken Tonight
Surprised no one is talki

Old 01-22-2018, 09:11 AM   #61
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: ROKU

Long threads in iCocky about this.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:43 PM   #62
uscgmck
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
uscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot materialuscgmck is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Cord Cutting Question thread

Here is my story.
1. I had Time Warner and dropped it because of price and poor wi-fi
2. Picked up DirectTV
3. Quickly dropped Direct because of customer service and billing problems
4. Back to Time Warner
5. Direct TV called back and wanted me to come back told them I would not pay more than $50 mo. Agreed and I am back with Windstream wi-fi. I know but my Windstrem service has been spot on. TW had buffering on Netflix, not with WS all good.
6. Calling both to see if I can get a better deal to stay with them (bluff). Happy with service of both paying a total of $110.00 mo.

uscgmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:08 PM   #63
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

When the timing is right, I'm going with PS Vue. $45 a month for what I want plus DVR. I have a Roku TV now so I'm set with the apps I need for Netflix and Amazon Prime.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:18 PM   #64
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 999975894
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBjr View Post
thinking on trying this.....my oldest daughter really likes it at her house. Have Charter Spectrum now as a pkg deal.....phone/cable/internet...seems to keep inching upwards as far as price.....I've always gotten great advice on here on any questions that I have asked for advice for. Hoping ya'll can help me out once again.....just a few questions,and thanks for the replies.......

Which stick,streaming device will I need? am keeping internet (alot of ROKU devices to choose from)
as I understand, no monthly charges for ROKU?
Can I use multiple tv's,and if so will I need two devices and accounts?
What about live tv,especially sporting events?
If I sign up for more stuff off of ROKU will I end up as high as I am now?
Quality of pic as good as cable HD?
Thanks guys...........ya'll never steered me wrong before! Just wanna make sure Im gonna be happy with this before I do it! lol

From earlier in this thread, but it's specific to Roku:

Quote:
I asked a similar question about streaming sticks during the holiday season (thanks again everyone for your feedback), and I ended up with the Roku Streaming Stick+.

After a month+ of using this device, I wholeheartedly recommend it. Super fast, zero load times, and the remote is connected to the device so you can use the remote without needing to point it at the TV. Also it allows you to turn the tv off and on and control the volume with that same remote. The voice function works well, but I hardly use it.

I use my parents watchespn account (they will always have digital cable IMO), so I still have that access. I use it primarily for Netflix, ESPN, Hulu, and Youtube (main reason why I chose it over the Fire). Plugs into the back of the TV and is never seen.

It does require about 10 min of setup to begin with, and you'll need to login to your respective accounts either on the TV or through the Roku website.

For local channels (fox, abc, cbs, nbc, etc), I use a digital hd antenna, which is around $20 and gets me access to about 25 channels for free (it's the gov'ts over the air HD channels) and the quality is superb.

All in all, no issues and I am very happy with my $40 Roku streaming stick+ purchase
Old 01-24-2018, 02:30 PM   #65
cocksman08
OC in waiting

Male

CockyCash: 500
cocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his comb

haha listen to this.

Ok so I moved to a new place in piedmont/pelzer that hadnít had service before from at&t or charter. so I called both to see what could be done. I ended up getting at&t because charter said they had to come out and lay 1200 ft of cable and construction fees, which was gonna cost me like $2800. I immediately hung up. what in the actual ****?

but Iím gonna end up paying about 150 a month with att for everything

If you have the ability to just get Charter internet and some streaming service, thatís the cheapest option
Old 01-24-2018, 02:43 PM   #66
carolina_corpsman
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 10500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocksman08 View Post
haha listen to this.

Ok so I moved to a new place in piedmont/pelzer that hadn’t had service before from at&t or charter. so I called both to see what could be done. I ended up getting at&t because charter said they had to come out and lay 1200 ft of cable and construction fees, which was gonna cost me like $2800. I immediately hung up. what in the actual ****?

but I’m gonna end up paying about 150 a month with att for everything

If you have the ability to just get Charter internet and some streaming service, that’s the cheapest option
Did you try and figure up how long it would take you to save $2800? If you were going to see significant savings over a year or two, it might offset that upfront cost.
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 04:54 PM   #67
cocksman08
OC in waiting

Male

CockyCash: 500
cocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his combcocksman08 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
Did you try and figure up how long it would take you to save $2800? If you were going to see significant savings over a year or two, it might offset that upfront cost.
well considering that is half of what it takes to covert to solar, Iíd rather save the rest for that
Old 01-24-2018, 07:35 PM   #68
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

New DIRECTV NOW customers can get a Roku Streaming Stick for free when they prepay for a single month of DIRECTV NOW. Channel packages start at $35 per month, but this offer saves you $49.99 on the price of the Roku. When you combine the Roku with DIRECTV NOW, you'll have access to live TV and on-demand programming from any major channel's streaming service. Additional charges and fees may apply.

https://www.bradsdeals.com/p/335171?...018_2610&u_g=u

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:15 PM   #69
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I pulled the trigger on cutting the cord. Went with Hulu live. Been happy with it. TV bill decreased by 60/month
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:48 PM   #70
JohnnyB21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

I'll sell you directv now for $10.60 for the first month. I'm an AT&T salesman, I'll even do it over the phone. Lol
Old 03-31-2018, 05:54 PM   #71
Gamecockboyo
Running in a Sandstorm

Male

CockyCash: 936666
Gamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot materialGamecockboyo is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockboyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
I pulled the trigger on cutting the cord. Went with Hulu live. Been happy with it. TV bill decreased by 60/month
Do you put together channel packages like you do with sling?
Old 03-31-2018, 11:04 PM   #72
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockboyo View Post
Do you put together channel packages like you do with sling?
No. We purchased a roku tv and purchased a Hulu live account. It has 99% of what we were watching and it gives us the local channels.
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 12:53 AM   #73
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 1001856
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
I'll sell you directv now for $10.60 for the first month. I'm an AT&T salesman, I'll even do it over the phone. Lol

How much for the 2nd month? 13th month?
Old 06-02-2018, 05:17 PM   #74
Gamecocks0197
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Spectrum is way too expensive, so I stream everything. Any recommendations on getting local channels? I have Sling TV (which I highly recommend btw) but I can't get Fox, CBS, ABC or NBC through them. I tried an indoor antenna but it was spotty at best, even after moving it around.

With the Panthers and just about every NFL game on those networks and with the SEC on CBS, this is a necessity.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:47 PM   #75
Senior Rooster
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 600
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
Spectrum is way too expensive, so I stream everything. Any recommendations on getting local channels? I have Sling TV (which I highly recommend btw) but I can't get Fox, CBS, ABC or NBC through them. I tried an indoor antenna but it was spotty at best, even after moving it around.

With the Panthers and just about every NFL game on those networks and with the SEC on CBS, this is a necessity.
$40 roof top antenna. About $20 parts mounting to chimney and cable. I receive all locals in HD. A total of 32 channels.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:06 PM   #76
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

I bought a Roku Express for myself after giving my mom one for her birthday several weeks ago.

I am just on a 6MB pipe and the picture is excellent with very little-to-no buffering.

Not on Sling or Hulu yet. So far I just hit CBSN when I get home from work to check the news and that is about it.

The Roku Channel movies are pretty decent and I don't mind the commercials.

I just watch the movies and TV shows I already have on media if I want to watch something else.

Best thing I have bought in a while.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:42 PM   #77
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

I am a big fan of Set TV. Been with them almost 2 years $20 a month for 500 HD Channels including all the movie channels. Click on this link I am pretty sure you can sign up for a free day to try it out without having to give a credit card. Has Has NBC, ABC, and CBS although it wont be local. Also has a ton of sports channels including all the SEC, FOX, ESPNs. You can watch on 3 TV's, has to be the same IP Address and you can watch on 1 phone - mobile. Been very pleased for $20 dollars. I don't really watch them but also has Playboy, Penthouse, and a few other Adult Channels. If you want to check it out for free here you go.

http://setvnow.com/#NETTVSOUTH
USCBASEBALL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:21 AM   #78
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 1001856
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Have never heard of Set TV. Not sure but sounds like one of those 'To good to be true' type deals. It's been working well for you I presume?

I recently signed up with DirectTVNow service for $35 / month. And they threw in an AppleTV if I committed to 3 months. Some thing I like, and other things need some work. Once the 3 months are done I may try some other services. I know a lot of folks use Sling or PSView. I will look some more into this SetTV. Nice thing with most of these services, they are easy to try and cancel and switch, without having to go through the traditional 'call the cable company and have a service rep try to talk you into not cancelling for 30 mionutes' spiel.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:37 AM   #79
PharmSC
Walk On

Female

CockyCash: 200
PharmSC has hatched from the shell

Looks like Set TV is being sued by Netflix, Amazon, Disney, etc for piracy

https://www.geekwire.com/2018/amazon...ement-content/
PharmSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:58 AM   #80
crowcutta
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 6000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

uscbaseball1, do you use the set top box at all, if so how much did that cost you?
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote