CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
Spur's Addiction
sporkgod50
Captain9Dragons
kingofnerf
SheckWes
RGHoskins
MountainCock
COCKDIESEL
Garnet&BLK
Bryant Has an X Fact (787)
Do We Only Lose Silv (689)
2020 - Justin Robins (527)
Jaylin McCreary SF/ (307)
refs doing everythin (297)
2019 - Jammie Robinson
2019 WBB - Breanna Beal -
Justin Minaya Injury Upda
Transfer Portal
Bryant Has an X Factor
refs doing everything pos
Unanimous
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
2020 - Justin Robinson
*** #23 USC WBB (9-4, 1-0

Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM   #421
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 7994501
CockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot materialCockyLifer is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - Jaquaze Sorrells

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRa777 View Post
If this young man's academic situation is as the so called insiders claim, why is Penn State still hot after him? Also Bama is still buzzing around near signing day! What's up? Help a brother out!

Quite simple there is a chance that he will qualify and his talent is not in question they all want him if and when he is cleared to play. Bama could miss on a guy or 2 ahead of him they don't get everyone and they need to make sure they still have him on the line if they do.
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM   #422
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 1866792
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
That may well be true! But I'm not buying it. I almost went to Penn State. But didn't want to go that far from home. I'll bet they don't take academic redshirts. I know enough about PSU to debate that. They consider themselves Ivy league quality academically. It's a great academic institution and a bit snobby.
Penn State has never recruited anyone that didn't qualify and had to go the JUCO/Prep route?
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM   #423
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
And while on campus could master the playbook, adjust to the coaching, etc. Very big difference between academic RS and JUCO/Prep.
That's all good Gotrice! But there is something else going on here. Coaches aren't going to talk. The insiders need to do more investigation, it seems to me. I'm asking because I don't know. This just doesn't add up to what's being reported on websites. For example, Bama alums I talk to have voiced zero concerns about his academics. The Penn Staters think they'll beat us out for him. Bama Alums are still saying they might not have room. That makes no sense either, their coaching staff is all over the kid. We need to figure this thing out. I admit the inside info might be spot on. But this is the oddest case I have seen in years. Sorrells is a great player and a fine young man by all accounts. There are no knucklehead rumors whatsoever.
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM   #424
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
Penn State has never recruited anyone that didn't qualify and had to go the JUCO/Prep route?
Obviously that's not true. I'm not saying that. On the recruiting trail they take the Vandy approach academically. My point is this is a mysterious case that screams the insiders might have something wrong.
Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM   #425
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 128944
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
IF, good question - without researching, I know of at least one JUCO O Lineman that picked PSU over us and started for them.

I think they are like 99% of NCAA schools (with Stanford being a notable exception) - their admission standards for athletes are the same as the NCAA's minimum requirements.
Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM   #426
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Quite simple there is a chance that he will qualify and his talent is not in question they all want him if and when he is cleared to play. Bama could miss on a guy or 2 ahead of him they don't get everyone and they need to make sure they still have him on the line if they do.
That's the prevailing story. Could be true! We'll know soon enough I guess.
Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM   #427
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 196405
elcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot material

Franklin is a very good coach & great recruiter, but Sorrells will learn what it truly means to be cold visiting happy valley in late January.

I like our odds at this point.
Old Yesterday, 12:02 PM   #428
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
... but Sorrells will learn what it truly means to be cold visiting happy valley in late January.
They should move their recruiting to the Bahamas.

This is ugly:

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/USPA1575:1:US

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USPA1575:1:US
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM   #429
92Pony
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1758700
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
Franklin is a very good coach & great recruiter, but Sorrells will learn what it truly means to be cold visiting happy valley in late January.

I like our odds at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
As far as we're concerned, that's brutiful!
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM   #430
JDStud6
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15065
JDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot material

Quote:
That may well be true! But I'm not buying it. I almost went to Penn State. But didn't want to go that far from home. I'll bet they don't take academic redshirts. I know enough about PSU to debate that. They consider themselves Ivy league quality academically. It's a great academic institution and a bit snobby.
I've been debating about getting a MS from PSU online. I was born on PA and grew up a PSU fan, ironically enough. Hopefully their online is as good as in person.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote