CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Support > Hall of Fame

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
SanAntonioCock
Spur's Addiction
Blitzkrieg
Ironfan
kick_ball
TastyLicks
MountainCock
Master Bedroom
Three and Out
D. English & M.L (689)
2017 Gamecocks Offen (619)
4 new transfers sear (561)
Hot dogs (500)
eclipse fly over (378)
Bad luck that surrou (102)
110 out of 111 playe (95)
2018 Commitment - Dakereo
Bad luck that surrounds S
This could be trouble
2017 Gamecocks Offensive
Rico Dowdle
D. English & M.Lewis
2018 - Reuben Unije
Hot dogs
110 out of 111 players te
The difference between 7

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #541
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Vote For Clowney: ESPN Best of the Best

I personally am more than ready for this "Best of the Best" thing to die so we can move on, lol.....
Old 04-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #542
stiffmiester
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
stiffmiester has feathers coming instiffmiester has feathers coming in

This was the only way espn could dethrone clowney. It is not plausible to think that there could actually be a play better than clowneys.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #543
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls

Here's a link in case you want to vote. I would like to see Clowney keep the top spot all year.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #544
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

This sets a particular precedence. It's a feel good story, and it's great, but it is just that a feel good sports story, and not a sports highlight. There is usually a story or two every year about an autistic child, or a child with Down syndrome who hits a three pointers or two in a game. There's the mentally challenged equipment manager who gets a play in the big game and the opposing team is good enough to let him score. There's the kid with cerebral palsy who wrestled by having his dad lay him on the mat while the other kid positioned him on top for the pin. Then you have the entire Special Olympics. How could you vote against that? Soon, it would be special story kids against special story kids, and how do you divide that vote? It's best to nip all those issues in the bud, and leave those stories prominently on the front page where they belong, and not in the polls.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #545
314Gamecock
Walk On

Male

314Gamecock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
This sets a particular precedence. It's a feel good story, and it's great, but it is just that a feel good sports story, and not a sports highlight. There is usually a story or two every year about an autistic child, or a child with Down syndrome who hits a three pointers or two in a game. There's the mentally challenged equipment manager who gets a play in the big game and the opposing team is good enough to let him score. There's the kid with cerebral palsy who wrestled by having his dad lay him on the mat while the other kid positioned him on top for the pin. Then you have the entire Special Olympics. How could you vote against that? Soon, it would be special story kids against special story kids, and how do you divide that vote? It's best to nip all those issues in the bud, and leave those stories prominently on the front page where they belong, and not in the polls.
That's a great point.

Really this deserves more than just a poll, it deserves a front page story, OTL or E60 segment.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #546
etowngangsta
Challenge accepted.

Male

CockyCash: 100780348
etowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot material

That's illegal. He is not even an elligible player. We need to have the NCAA look into Nebraska having kids on their team that have not graduated from high school.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #547
RY4N
\_(ツ)_/

Male

RY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPit

I agree that this story shouldn't be in any polls but rather a front page news story. I wish they would have stuck with actual sport highlights and plays that show off the pure superhuman ability of an athlete.

This story definitely made my allergies kick up when I was watching the video, but thats all it should be... a story.

Either way, if Clowney is going to lose, it wasn't going to be against any "normal" type of play. If you look at the polling map, it's kind of embarrassing that we are the only state in red hahah. I think everyone needs to just let this one go. The Hit is already ingrained in the minds of anyone who has watched ESPN in the least all year.

Better for it to be remembered as an absolutely incredible play by Clowney than an over played clip that eventually people get tired of. Of course, us Gamecock fans will never get tired of it but most of America could. The Hit had a good run! Just let it be.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #548
5150harley
Sandlapper Pools

Male

5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material

Hopefully we will see Clowney with a much bigger play this season that will once again dominate this poll.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #549
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

We may be the only red state, but we are not the only people voting for Clowney. We have cast only a little over 2,000 of the 82,000 votes cast. We haven't cast enough to give him over 30% of the vote. South Carolina residents are not the only ones who think Clowney should win this. There are valid issues as to why the little boy shouldn't win, and they have already been addressed on this thread.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #550
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 99900000
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

and he has spoken...

jadeveon clowney 7 ‏@clownejd 45s
S/O to the kid that scored at Nebraska spring game I see you doing your thing and you had cancer you was already winning fighting cancer
Old 04-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #551
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

Clowney's a good guy, and that's another reason to vote for him. His humility does him credit.

I looked at the other states, and Clowney has more than 1/3 of the vote nearly every where. Three or four states are 50/50.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #552
RY4N
\_(ツ)_/

Male

RY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPit

Clowney just tweeted:

"‏@clownejd
S/O to the kid that scored at Nebraska spring game I see you doing your thing and you had cancer you was already winning fighting cancer "
Old 04-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #553
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material

well it's official...it's over. Wonderful great 45 week run!!!

Wonder if this thread will be put in the Hall of Fame!
Old 04-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #554
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

Classy!!!!

Rex Burkhead ‏@RBrex2022 21m
@clownejd appreciate the love for Jack. You're a good man with a bright future ahead. Nothing but the best for ya.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #555
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

I think they meant to say 45 polls