CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > Hen House

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
carolina_corpsman
ChunkSnackwell
Gamecocks1137
Captain9Dragons
uscGRAD04
The Yancey
Y Formation
spareparts
USCharleston2
2019 - Ahdarrious Ge (1065)
CFN Era Top 20 Coach (320)
Discussion: 2019 Rec (314)
Beach Volleyball nab (309)
Nice addition for be (258)
2017 Team USA U19 Wo (243)
'Go Cocks' Cheerlead (21)
'Go Cocks' Cheerleader Po
CONNOR SHAW DISCUSSION TH
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
2018 - Tyquan Johnson
2018 - Jaycee Horn
2019 - Ahdarrious Gee
Beach Volleyball nabs a T
2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
2018 - Trey Dean
2018 - KJ Henry

Old 09-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
c-girl
51 and proud of it!

Female

CockyCash: 79300000
c-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot material
Default Operation Write Home

Quote:
Operation Write Home began in 2007 with just a few cards made by friends on a message board; what began as an outlet for a hobby has become a much larger mission to help heroes keep in touch with home - and the effort has been joined by thousands of cardmakers!

OWH receives handmade cards donated by crafters across America (and beyond!). Cardmakers range in age, location, and level of skill; cards are provided by individuals and groups, schools and scouts, companies and churches. All have one primary thing in common: a desire to serve those who defend our nation!

Cards are mailed to one of our volunteer shippers in quanities both small and large. The shippers process, sort, repair, and document each donation, and then pack and ship boxes of over 300 cards each to our contacts. Our heroes request cards (families may also request on their behalf; we serve all branches in all deployed locations.

Tax-deductible donations of any size keep this work going - from $1 to any amount - and can be included with card donations to any shipper, mailed separately, or via Paypal. Thank you for partnering with us!
Quote:
OUR MISSION
Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Link: http://operationwritehome.org/#

This is a very worthy cause. Many service men and women use these cards to send back to their loved ones at home. These handmade cards bring a special touch that is appeciated.

If you aren't crafty, consider donating a few bucks to help with shipping costs!

What I make with my hands I give with my heart

RIP #11, Forever To Thee
c-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
c-girl
51 and proud of it!

Female

c-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot material
Default Re: Operation Write Home

For GH:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH
Just wanted to say thank you for posting that thread.

There are similar letter writing organizations, schools and services and they are all appreciated by the men and women in uniform. I can tell you from first hand experience how nice it is to read a letter or card someone has taken the time to write. We love reading about the things people in the states probably consider mundane. It stirs memories of our own families or things we would be enjoying if we were home. When we get letters and cards, we cannot wait to write the persons and thank them and let them know how we are doing while over there. I still have some of my letters from some of the deployments.

I would have posted this in the thread but I can't (henhouse). Again thank you very much for the post.

RIP #11, Forever To Thee
Old 09-13-2010, 07:53 AM   #3
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 99900000
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

such a wonderful cause....thank you for posting c! and GH thanks for all you've done for this country!
Old 09-13-2010, 10:41 PM   #4
AR1
2 GIRLS & OUR MAN!

Female

CockyCash: 915500
AR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot material

Great cause c-girl! Thanks for posting this.

And Cocklover GH is da man!!
AR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
c-girl
51 and proud of it!

Female

myheroarts
Our friends at Operation Write Home @opwritehome are having a Spring Thaw Card Drive! Please consider sending cards: http://bit.ly/fAIFrn

Quote:
It's time for a card drive! Your package of cards can be any quantity....but should be half spring holiday cards (Easter, spring, Mother's Day, and we're including Father's Day so we can get a jump on those!) and half general cards - that means birthday, thinking of you, missing you, love, thanks....all the themes on our desired list here, as well as blank (no sentiment) cards.

RIP #11, Forever To Thee
Old 06-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #6
johnnyb
Banneded

Male

CockyCash: 1365674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

test

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote