CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
lencho30
GuyInTheGreenHouse
GoldenSpur7
TastyLicks
Order 66
Cockypantherfan
uscjeremynca
Spurticus
M.C.
2017 SEC Tournament: (4425)
Anonymous SEC Coache (1585)
Game time set for NC (684)
The Citadel's Fred J (447)
2018 - Jamari Brown (433)
What jumps out at yo (327)
NC State Gametime (316)
DJI Drones (Spark) (274)
Baseball: South Caro (271)
Memorial Day (133)
Game time set for NC Stat
2018 - Matthew Hill
What jumps out at you?
2018 Commitment - Maxwell
2017 SEC Tournament:**USC
2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
Anonymous SEC Coaches tak
2019 - Zacch Pickens
Best Guard in NCAA...
Our task in the SEC just

Old 11-02-2016, 06:14 PM   #1
Nick29321
6th year senior

Male

CockyCash: 1700
Nick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPit
Default ticket sales sites

just curious to know where i could find the best deals online. i ordered off of stubhub a few weeks ago to attend the umass game, but i see vivid seats ticketmaster and a few other but i was hoping to get more info from someone who has bought numerous tickets....
Isaiah 40:31
Nick29321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:23 AM   #2
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Re: ticket sales sites

Never use these sites.

Show up for the game and buy a ticket in front of the stadium.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:53 AM   #3
CapitolCock
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 100
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

If you want verified tickets, go to the USC Ticket Exchange (you may have to google that). All the tickets there are verified by the school and Ticketmaster, and you can download them immediately so there's no wait or mail to worry about. Plus, you don't have to deal with anybody sketchy. I haven't heard of any real problems with buying tickets outside the stadium, but you just never know.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:01 AM   #4
lakehouse
Walk On

Female

CockyCash: 250
lakehouse has hatched from the shell

My friend and I bought tickets outside the stadium for the Georgia game. Turns out they were stolen. We got in the game but the real owners showed up so we lost our seats. We were told we could stand and watch the game but decided to go back to the tailgate and watch it on TV. I suggest if you purchase tickets outside the stadium, take a picture of the seller when you buy them. If he lets you, might be legit. If it turns out they are stolen perhaps a picture will help the police catch a thief.
lakehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:56 AM   #5
Nick29321
6th year senior

Male

CockyCash: 1700
Nick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
Never use these sites.

How legit are scalper or whatever they are called? I don't want get screwed out of money and tickets to the game.
Isaiah 40:31
Nick29321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:17 AM   #6
CocksBy90
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 480
CocksBy90 has hatched from the shell

Bought tickets for the Missouri game in 2012 from a scalper. Spent about 250 on 4 tickets and they turned out to be fake. Looked identical to an actual ticket but supposedly if you put a flame up to a real ticket it will turn a yellowish color, whereas if you light a fake one it will turn black. If you do purchase any from a scalper, usually the closer to the stadium they are the less risky.
CocksBy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:34 AM   #7
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick29321 View Post
How legit are scalper or whatever they are called? I don't want get screwed out of money and tickets to the game.
You will be fine. Just look for someone selling tickets that looks like they actually went to college.

Also, don't get in a panic you can buy decent seats 15 minutes before kickoff...we really do need a sticky thread for this topic.

Why are the people that are responding negatively to buying from scalpers people with 1 or 2 posts? It's like Stubhub has people stalking CT.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:43 AM   #8
CapitolCock
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 100
CapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot materialCapitolCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
You will be fine. Just look for someone selling tickets that looks like they actually went to college.

Also, don't get in a panic you can buy decent seats 15 minutes before kickoff...we really do need a sticky thread for this topic.

Why are the people that are responding negatively to buying from scalpers people with 1 or 2 posts? It's like Stubhub has people stalking CT.
Hahaha. Based on our ticket values this year, I doubt StubHub cares.
CapitolCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:48 AM   #9
Wkrice91
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Wkrice91 rules the CockPitWkrice91 rules the CockPitWkrice91 rules the CockPitWkrice91 rules the CockPitWkrice91 rules the CockPitWkrice91 rules the CockPitWkrice91 rules the CockPitWkrice91 rules the CockPitWkrice91 rules the CockPitWkrice91 rules the CockPitWkrice91 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Never use these sites.

So when you buy from an "independent agent" outside of the stadium, are the prices reasonable? I have used Stubhub a lot, and it has been pricey. I would like to attend more games, but my method prevents me from going.
Wkrice91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:52 AM   #10
TheCockinDecatur
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
TheCockinDecatur is sharpening his clawsTheCockinDecatur is sharpening his clawsTheCockinDecatur is sharpening his clawsTheCockinDecatur is sharpening his claws

StubHub is generally cheaper than the USC Ticket Exchange.

Never had a problem over the last 10+ times I've used them. YMMV.

Screw trusting a sketchy scalper and/or walking around with a ton of cash in your pocket and bringing it out and counting it in front of a sketchy scalper.
TheCockinDecatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:54 AM   #11
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material

Quote:
Never use these sites.

I second this. It's been a few years since I've been able to make it to a game, but on only one occasion did I have tickets in advance. There are always plenty of folks selling outside and you can haggle the price down significantly. One of the last times I went, I offered a guy $40 (or something) for a ticket and he refused. As I started to walk away he asked if I coudln't go higher. I told him $40 was all I had, so he asked to see my wallet. Thankfully, I'd put my extra money down inside my sock. I showed him my wallet and then he asked me to show him my pockets. Satisfied that $40 was I really did have, he sold me the ticket.

Just a funny story and certainly not the norm. If you don't mind risking getting into the game a few minutes late, you can get tickets even cheaper. Unless you're looking for a lot of seats together, buying them outside the stadium is definitely the way to go. I've never not gotten in.

I've purchased from the sketchy, ex-con looking type and respectable looking folks. If you can find someone who truly looks like they just have an extra ticket or two to be rid of, that's probably your best bet since they don't want to spend their pre-game time trying to unload tickets. The sketchy type are only there to scalp though, so they're not in any particular rush. Just make sure to see the ticket first, no matter who you buy from.

As others have noted, don't walk around with your life savings in your wallet. If you've haggled with a scalper, he's likely to refuse if he sees a wad of $20s in your wallet. Leave your extra dough in the car or with a friend until you've got your tickets.
CoastCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:59 AM   #12
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot materialSpurz is USC mascot material

I usually use StubHub for sporting events. I understand why people go with scalpers outside the stadium, and I've done that plenty of times with minor league baseball and hockey, but I prefer having my tickets in hand and there's always the worry about fakes. If you wait until a couple days before the event, StubHub values will usually plummet (unless it's a huge game). I've also sold USC tickets through the official TicketMaster exchange site and had a good experience there.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:00 PM   #13
TheCockinDecatur
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
TheCockinDecatur is sharpening his clawsTheCockinDecatur is sharpening his clawsTheCockinDecatur is sharpening his clawsTheCockinDecatur is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastCocky View Post
...he asked to see my wallet. Thankfully, I'd put my extra money down inside my sock. I showed him my wallet and then he asked me to show him my pockets.
TheCockinDecatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:05 PM   #14
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCockinDecatur View Post
Ha, sad but true. It was for the Bama game when we beat them when Holtz was here. Whatever I offered was a really low-ball price. By chance, a friend had recently bought from a scalper at a different sporting event and told me the scalper asked to see his wallet and pockets, so I took his advice. Funnily enough, the exact same thing happened to me. Never happened since then though.
CoastCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:31 PM   #15
JDStud6
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 515
JDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot materialJDStud6 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ha, sad but true. It was for the Bama game when we beat them when Holtz was here. Whatever I offered was a really low-ball price. By chance, a friend had recently bought from a scalper at a different sporting event and told me the scalper asked to see his wallet and pockets, so I took his advice. Funnily enough, the exact same thing happened to me. Never happened since then though.
ha, that's funny/weird. I would ask him to show me his pockets and wallet first. If someone said that to me, I'd walk away and buy from someone else.

I've scalped some before when I was there solo, but with the wife we always get tickets before we get there. I have bought from friends and craigslist without issues.

And there was the game 2 years ago that my wife had the tickets in her purse and somehow after hours of tailgating we were about to walk in the game with my friends when we couldn't find our tickets. I think she took them out of her purse when we stopped to get ice and supplies from a store in Cola and left them at the register. We had to scalp more that day because there was no way we could drive home 2 hours in our drunk condition :)

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 12:55 PM   #16
HeadCockFan
gold jacket, green jacket

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

I use seat geek because I like their seat finder better. I always cross reference stubhub, ticketmaster and the venue itself. Many times the seat I want is listed on all the sites. Usually it comes to the exact same price after fees no matter which service I use.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:13 PM   #17
DontTreadOnMe
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100010500
DontTreadOnMe is USC mascot materialDontTreadOnMe is USC mascot materialDontTreadOnMe is USC mascot materialDontTreadOnMe is USC mascot materialDontTreadOnMe is USC mascot materialDontTreadOnMe is USC mascot materialDontTreadOnMe is USC mascot materialDontTreadOnMe is USC mascot materialDontTreadOnMe is USC mascot materialDontTreadOnMe is USC mascot materialDontTreadOnMe is USC mascot material

I got two five rows from the field at the 40. For $50 apiece. From ticket city
DontTreadOnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:19 PM   #18
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTreadOnMe View Post
I got two five rows from the field at the 40. For $50 apiece. From ticket city
You'll be standing the whole game and those tickets will go for $30 on Saturday.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:29 PM   #19
pick6
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1000500
pick6 is developing his combpick6 is developing his combpick6 is developing his combpick6 is developing his combpick6 is developing his combpick6 is developing his combpick6 is developing his combpick6 is developing his combpick6 is developing his combpick6 is developing his comb

Quote:
I second this. It's been a few years since I've been able to make it to a game, but on only one occasion did I have tickets in advance. There are always plenty of folks selling outside and you can haggle the price down significantly. One of the last times I went, I offered a guy $40 (or something) for a ticket and he refused. As I started to walk away he asked if I coudln't go higher. I told him $40 was all I had, so he asked to see my wallet. Thankfully, I'd put my extra money down inside my sock. I showed him my wallet and then he asked me to show him my pockets. Satisfied that $40 was I really did have, he sold me the ticket.

Just a funny story and certainly not the norm. If you don't mind risking getting into the game a few minutes late, you can get tickets even cheaper. Unless you're looking for a lot of seats together, buying them outside the stadium is definitely the way to go. I've never not gotten in.

I've purchased from the sketchy, ex-con looking type and respectable looking folks. If you can find someone who truly looks like they just have an extra ticket or two to be rid of, that's probably your best bet since they don't want to spend their pre-game time trying to unload tickets. The sketchy type are only there to scalp though, so they're not in any particular rush. Just make sure to see the ticket first, no matter who you buy from.

As others have noted, don't walk around with your life savings in your wallet. If you've haggled with a scalper, he's likely to refuse if he sees a wad of $20s in your wallet. Leave your extra dough in the car or with a friend until you've got your tickets.
Big time agree! Most of paid this year is $20. Sat on the 40 23 rows behind TN bench last week. I refuse to buy a ticket in the upper deck as well. Always plenty of tickets available!
pick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:40 PM   #20
ccured
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 36329
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCockinDecatur View Post
StubHub is generally cheaper than the USC Ticket Exchange.

Never had a problem over the last 10+ times I've used them. YMMV.

Screw trusting a sketchy scalper and/or walking around with a ton of cash in your pocket and bringing it out and counting it in front of a sketchy scalper.
Not many tickets are being scalped at over face value buy them near a cop
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote