CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
Spur's Addiction
Three and Out
Blitzkrieg
SanAntonioCock
GregoryHouse
kick_ball
RGHoskins
Rooster'srule
smoovecock
This could be troubl (1277)
First home game, und (1036)
The difference betwe (880)
Kansas City Royals: (366)
2019 - Jaelin Humphr (355)
Hot dogs (290)
D. English & M.L (284)
eclipse fly over (96)
2017 Gamecocks Offen (86)
2018 - Jonathan Gipson
2017 Signee - Keisean Nix
Rico Dowdle
2018 - Channing Tindall
The difference between 7
2017 Gamecocks Offensive
2018 - Bryce Thompson
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
2018 - Raiqwon O'Neal
2018 - Jovaughn Gwyn

Old 04-07-2017, 07:40 AM   #21
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 650
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Does the two-Big system really work for us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
I don't know about Kotsar but I really think you underestimate Silva. Just a gut feeling, he shoots more than 30% from beyond the arc next year. When you consider the limited PT he had coming into his USC career and the amount of range he added in a single year combined with a pretty nice stroke, I think we may have a PF who can hit 3's.
Silva made drastic improvement from last year to this year with his shooting, no reason to think he can't continue to improve and extend his range to make some threes. He will need to do that in the pros. With his quickness and explosion, he would be a nightmare match-up - if you come out to cover him, he can do the blow-by and dunk in a couple of steps. I am not saying that we want him living at the three point line, but that would be a nice wrinkle.

Kotsar does not have a great stroke but should develop a nice jumper from the foul line in. You started to see that at the end of the season. Keita has the reputation of being a good player on the perimeter, just did not see it this year due to the wrist. Haase and Doumbia come in as much better shooters than Kotsar or Silva as Freshmen.

The big guys will be much more of a focus for next year's team. We will have one of the deepest groups around - but still very young with room for major improvement, especially with the seven footers.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:19 AM   #22
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
thumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
The way I look at Kotsar is this, he is either going to start dunking the ball or he is going to look like those mid major centers who take big men to school without dunking. Regardless I think we're good with Kotsar.
I like Kotsar a lot. He had a very nice year for a freshman. He's just going to get better and better.

With Maik and Silva, we will have one of the better starting front courts in the country next year. I still don't know what kind of potential Keita and KG have. If they don't transfer, we will know more about that next season. We will have a lot of depth in the post next year.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:29 PM   #23
gameCOCKadoodle
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Thats not going to happen. Silva and Kotsar will never be a deep threat regularly. Silva may make one every 10 games or so but Kotsar will never make threes like that. Have to be happy with what they can do, that is box out, block, rebound and slam the shit outta of that ball.
Ok Nostradamus... They both have the capability to develop that talent. Whether or not they do is up to the coaches.
gameCOCKadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 03:40 PM   #24
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 57500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Silva is not very coordinated in my opinion. That is what causes him to foul more than anything.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:15 PM   #25
VBCock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
VBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
Silva made drastic improvement from last year to this year with his shooting, no reason to think he can't continue to improve and extend his range to make some threes. He will need to do that in the pros. With his quickness and explosion, he would be a nightmare match-up - if you come out to cover him, he can do the blow-by and dunk in a couple of steps. I am not saying that we want him living at the three point line, but that would be a nice wrinkle.

Kotsar does not have a great stroke but should develop a nice jumper from the foul line in. You started to see that at the end of the season. Keita has the reputation of being a good player on the perimeter, just did not see it this year due to the wrist. Haase and Doumbia come in as much better shooters than Kotsar or Silva as Freshmen.

The big guys will be much more of a focus for next year's team. We will have one of the deepest groups around - but still very young with room for major improvement, especially with the seven footers.
I think Kotsar has an ok stroke, but I also think he was rushing shots and was not comfortable in traffic. Think that will improve as he seasons.

Silva has a really good stroke.

I would not count on Haase or Doumbia coming in with a green light to shoot threes.
VBCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:44 PM   #26
USCMM
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100200
USCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
Silva is not very coordinated in my opinion. That is what causes him to foul more than anything.
It has always been my personal belief that Silva loves to play aggressively and has trouble holding back. I think he wants to challenge on every play and has trouble making split-second decisions -- and thus he will attack even if he is at a great disadvantage.
USCMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:00 PM   #27
robgusc76
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

This team just went to the freaking final 4....How can you even consider quesioning the system?! Not only did it go to the final four, it did it with two underclassmen in the middle. Both of which played a huge role in the tourney run....so im going with yes.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote