CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
carolina_corpsman
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
SanAntonioCock
TastyLicks
Master Bedroom
ShutTheSuccop
AtlGAMECOCK
Spur's Addiction
Cack's Toast of the (777)
Wildcat? (746)
MJ Webb (697)
Charges revealed for (696)
Freeeze: What I did (688)
Should we go hurry-u (603)
College Station? (557)
Arkansas Kickoff Tim (443)
2018 - Mario Dungey (387)
Ryan Succop on NFL r (324)
Our chances against aTm
Jake Bentley analysis
W-B Stadium Parking
2018 - Trajan Jeffcoat
Champions of life
Interesting David William
Muschamp Presser question
Coach Staley's big weeken
Snoop's take on how the n
College Football 2017

Old 11-18-2016, 04:42 PM   #301
TheMule
Band

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule
Default Re: Netflix Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Was that an HBO series or AMC?
AMC last spring. Thought it was pretty good and worth the watch but there are some WTH was he thinking moments.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 07:44 PM   #302
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i thought it was a little over the top that all of them women with bad guys hate themselves, but the night manager was really good.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:20 PM   #303
TheMule
Band

Male

TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material

One reviewer said that The O A was the new binge watchable Netflix series. So I bit. First episode was really good. Second episode was also good with a killer hook at the end. Middle episodes started to have some dumb crap and I was like "let's hurry up and get this thing over with." By the last episode I was like some of this is dumb as dirt. And it concluded with absolutely the crapiest, stupidest ending I've ever seen. I truly hope that the character is dead for good so that Netflix will not be tempted to waste my money filming such tripe.

If you watch any of this skip to the final 10 minutes and get a laugh.

gt
Old 12-21-2016, 05:32 PM   #304
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

im a fan of brit marling's artsy indie films so im going to give the oa a shot even though ive read similar bad reviews. i just watched the first episode of the man in the high castle's first season so i think i will stick with that for now. definitely has some warts but im intrigued to see where it goes.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:16 PM   #305
taylorssc
Raisinballin'

Male

CockyCash: 1000337
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

I binge watched The OA the other night. Don't know what to think... I really enjoyed it until the last ten minutes of the last episode. I feel like I was duped into thinking it's something that it's not.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:12 AM   #306
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
I binge watched The OA the other night. Don't know what to think... I really enjoyed it until the last ten minutes of the last episode. I feel like I was duped into thinking it's something that it's not.
I tried watching it last night but just couldn't get into it. Not sure if it was the script or the way it was shot but there just wasn't any "life" to it. Only saw the first couple episodes so I might give it another shot.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:23 AM   #307
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Started a good show last night with the wifey called, Stranger Things. Watched three episodes and am really enjoying it.
The wife and I binge watched this last week. Woah, it's the best show I've seen in a while.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:40 AM   #308
LBC
1st Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

The new MST3K is a gift!!

I also just watched the 'Oklahoma City' doc about Timothy McVeigh and why/what/who drove him to do it. I learned some things I didn't know about the entire deal. Definitely worth a watch
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:45 AM   #309
GuyInTheGreenHouse
Banned

Male

GuyInTheGreenHouse is USC mascot materialGuyInTheGreenHouse is USC mascot materialGuyInTheGreenHouse is USC mascot materialGuyInTheGreenHouse is USC mascot materialGuyInTheGreenHouse is USC mascot materialGuyInTheGreenHouse is USC mascot materialGuyInTheGreenHouse is USC mascot materialGuyInTheGreenHouse is USC mascot materialGuyInTheGreenHouse is USC mascot materialGuyInTheGreenHouse is USC mascot materialGuyInTheGreenHouse is USC mascot material

13 Reasons Why is surprisingly good.
I didn't expect to enjoy a show which was adapted from a YA novel, a show about high school bullying and suicide, but it was really well done and very compelling.
GuyInTheGreenHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:57 AM   #310
Legalman72
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 38000000000
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

The Seven Five documentary (a few years old) on NF is insanely good. Highly recommend.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:13 AM   #311
WeCocky2001
Banned

Male

WeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talons

13 reasons why is awesome.
WeCocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:37 AM   #312
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1050987
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInTheGreenHouse View Post
13 Reasons Why is surprisingly good.
I didn't expect to enjoy a show which was adapted from a YA novel, a show about high school bullying and suicide, but it was really well done and very compelling.
Agreed. People of all ages can find this one compelling.

Anyone seen "The Discovery"? Interesting plot, wasn't sure if it is worth watching or not.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:21 PM   #313
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCocky2001 View Post
13 reasons why is awesome.
I thought this at first, but I'm starting to feel like it glorifies teen suicide, in a sense. It was a very well written story, with some great acting. I'd be wary about letting my kid watch that if I thought they were suffering from any sort of depression.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:49 AM   #314
clemson sucks
Hot Take Maker

Male

CockyCash: 2477208
clemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to clemson sucks

New season of Master of None was excellent, IMO.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:17 AM   #315
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 200
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Watched an interesting documentary about sleep paralysis called, Nightmare.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:32 PM   #316
zappa
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1959100
zappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot material

Finally got around to The Soprano's.Paulie Walnuts is my new favorite TV character.
zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:56 PM   #317
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa View Post
Finally got around to The Soprano's.Paulie Walnuts is my new favorite TV character.
Nice...but not on Netflix.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #318
TheMule
Band

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa View Post

Best scene in the Sopranos was Paulie explaining why he washes his hands after tying his shoes.

gt
Old 07-02-2017, 10:08 PM   #319
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1050987
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Just now starting Bloodline and really liking it
Old 07-02-2017, 10:38 PM   #320
Nick29321
6th year senior

Male

CockyCash: 675
Nick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPitNick29321 rules the CockPit

The ranch is a good show. I'm kind of biased tho with Danny masterson and Ashton Kutcher. I'm a fan of anything they play in since that 70s show.
Isaiah 40:31
Nick29321 is offline   Reply With Quote