CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > Hen House

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gotrice?
jdaniel
Canefaninsc
Three and Out
Captain9Dragons
Flameout12
AR1
Senior Rooster
TRBTB
Cockhornleghorn
Kyle Davis Dismissed (1379)
With bye week which (779)
DJ Swag pat down (581)
Ryan Succop destroys (360)
The Fall of the Trib (303)
Ole Miss to Houston (281)
Cavalcade of Whimsy: (229)
PJ DOZIER (204)
10 CFP combos Sporti (164)
Dozier Signs with OK (139)
PJ DOZIER
WBB - Wilson selected SEC
Frank Says Real Practice
DJ Swag pat down
Kyle Davis Dismissed from
The Fall of the Tribe of
Bowl pick post week 7
Cack's Toast of the Game
POSSIBLY The Greatest Coa
2018 - Dax Hollifield

Old 08-27-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
Natalie83
Sweet Southern Pearl

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming Queen 2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Non-Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 10200
Natalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Natalie83 Send a message via Yahoo to Natalie83 Send a message via Skype™ to Natalie83
Default Understanding Men.

"IT'S A GUY THING"
Translated: "There is no rational thought pattern connected with it, and you have no chance at all of making it logical."

"CAN I HELP WITH DINNER?"
Translated: "Why isn't it already on the table?"

"UH HUH," "SURE, HONEY," OR "YES, DEAR"
Translated: Absolutely nothing. It's a conditioned response.

"IT WOULD TAKE TOO LONG TO EXPLAIN"
Translated: "I have no idea how it works."

"I WAS LISTENING TO YOU. IT'S JUST THAT I HAVE THINGS ON MY MIND."
Translated: "That girl standing on the corner is a real babe."

"TAKE A BREAK HONEY, YOU'RE WORKING TOO HARD."
Translated: "I can't hear the game over the vacuum cleaner."

"THAT'S INTERESTING, DEAR."
Translated: "Are you still talking?"

"YOU KNOW HOW BAD MY MEMORY IS."
Translated: "I remember the theme song to 'F Troop', the address of the first girl I ever kissed, and the vehicle identification numbers of every car I've ever owned, but I forgot our anniversary."

"I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT YOU, AND GOT YOU THESE ROSES."
Translated: "The girl selling them on the corner was a real babe."

"OH, DON'T FUSS - I JUST CUT MYSELF, IT'S NO BIG DEAL."
Translated: "I have actually severed a limb, but will bleed to death before I admit that I'm hurt."

"I CAN'T FIND IT."
Translated: "It didn't fall into my outstretched hands, so I'm completely clueless."

"WHAT DID I DO THIS TIME?"
Translated: "What did you catch me at?"

"I HEARD YOU."
Translated: "I haven't the foggiest clue what you just said, and am hoping desperately that I can fake it well enough so that you don't spend the next three days yelling at me."

"YOU KNOW I COULD NEVER LOVE ANYONE ELSE."
Translated: "I am used to the way you yell at me, and realize it could be worse."

"YOU LOOK TERRIFIC."
Translated: "Oh, please don't try on one more outfit, I'm starving."

"I'M NOT LOST. I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE WE ARE."
Translated: "No one will ever see us alive again."
Natalie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #2
Natalie83
Sweet Southern Pearl

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming Queen 2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Non-Football Poster of 2009 
Natalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot materialNatalie83 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Natalie83 Send a message via Yahoo to Natalie83 Send a message via Skype™ to Natalie83
Default Re: Understanding Men.

Here's a look at 10 things women say that drive men nuts.
1) "That looks cute."
For the most part, men hate cute. We don't want to hear about it, we don't want to see it, and we sure as hell don't want to be it. If we come down stairs after getting dressed and you tell us we look cute, there's a 100 percent chance we're changing. We're supposed to be your protector, your rock, and cute does not fit into that picture.
2) "We need to talk."
These four words shut off a man's brain faster than long division. When men hear you say that they immediately go into flight mode. And anything they can do to get out of this conversation—and better yet, your apartment—they will. There are plenty of other ways to approach a delicate conversation, and getting us in a place where we feel comfortable is a good start.
3) "It's just a game."
Actually, it's not just a game. Sports are a major part of our lives and the outcome has as much to do with our mood as just about anything else. Is it fair? No. Is it right? No. Is it immature? Maybe. But it's life. Sometimes we just care too much. We understand that it doesn't make sense, but you should be happy that we're that passionate about something. Telling us that "it's just a game" is like us telling you that Oprah's just a talk show.
4) "Nothing's wrong."
Please don't tell us nothing's wrong. The look on your face could make the toughest guy on the planet weep like a third-grade girl and your arms are crossed so tight you might explode. We're not mind readers; tell us what's going on. And don't make us guess because—believe me—you won't like what we come up with.
5) "I sound like my mom."
The mere fact that you might turn into your mom someday scares the hell out of us. Don't say it, even in jest—it's not funny. We actually believe (and pray) that the saying "every woman ends up looking like their mother" is an old wives' tale. If we didn't, no one would ever get married.

6) "I just want to be friends."
No you don't. You just want us to stop calling you. This is a lot like pulling off a band-aid. Do it quick—don't prolong the agony. Most of us take "I just want to be friends" as "There's still a chance," so if there isn't just make it a clean break and move on. Everyone will be much better because of it.
7) "Size doesn't matter."
Don't lie to us. We know it does, and we're doing our best to make up for it in other ways. It's best just to not say anything at all.

8) "What are you wearing?"
We're wearing whatever's clean or whatever you tell us to. We don't plan out our wardrobe days in advance, but we do actually try and look presentable. It may not work a lot of the time, but we do give it a shot. Giving us direction is completely encouraged though, so go ahead and suggest … nicely.
9) "Do you think she's pretty?"
Of course we do, our standards are much lower than yours. But just because we check her out doesn't mean we think any less of you. We try to be as discreet as possible, but for the most part, we can't help it. It's in our DNA. When an attractive woman walks by, it's best to just pretend nothing happened.
10) "Which outfit do you like better?"
I'm going to be honest here—90 percent of the guys out there are not going to tell you which outfit they like better: They're going to try to pick the one you like better and not get into a holy war when the babysitter is due any minute. To us, you always look good. Getting a couple cocktails and spending as much time as we can without the kids is our ultimate goal for a rare night out.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

So true! With so many differences, it's hard for me to think that God made men & women compatible when we are such polar opposites!
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:34 AM   #4
Natalie83
Sweet Southern Pearl

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
So true! With so many differences, it's hard for me to think that God made men & women compatible when we are such polar opposites!
I know, I do not understand men at all. I think I have one firgured out and I am wrong.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
GotSpurrier82
Keeper of the Booze

Female

CockyCash: 10000322
GotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GotSpurrier82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie83 View Post
"It's just a game."
Sports, especially football, are life. Everything else is just details.

Quote:
"Size doesn't matter."
Yes it does.

Quote:
"Do you think she's pretty?"
Of course we do, our standards are much lower than yours. But just because we check her out doesn't mean we think any less of you. We try to be as discreet as possible, but for the most part, we can't help it. It's in our DNA. When an attractive woman walks by, it's best to just pretend nothing happened.
In what universe?
Old 08-28-2009, 02:23 PM   #6
Natalie83
Sweet Southern Pearl

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotSpurrier82 View Post
Sports, especially football, are life. Everything else is just details.

Yes it does.

In what universe?
1. I know, to find a man that cared more about their woman than football would be a perfect thing.
2. I don't think so really.
3.I know right, to find a guy who actually only wanted to look at their woman would be perfect also.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
GotSpurrier82
Keeper of the Booze

Female

CockyCash: 10000322
GotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GotSpurrier82

It's not that they care more about football; I don't care more about football than my friends and family. I just really really enjoy it.

And while guys look at other women, we look at other men too. But as long as they don't cheat and we don't cheat, it's all good.

Yes, size does matter.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #8
Natalie83
Sweet Southern Pearl

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotSpurrier82 View Post
It's not that they care more about football; I don't care more about football than my friends and family. I just really really enjoy it.

And while guys look at other women, we look at other men too. But as long as they don't cheat and we don't cheat, it's all good.

Yes, size does matter.
You're a girl but I know they don't really care more about football. I still don't agree about size but since we are on a public forum I won't get into it.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #9
Waya
Game MVP

Female

CockyCash: 4964
Waya is USC mascot materialWaya is USC mascot materialWaya is USC mascot materialWaya is USC mascot materialWaya is USC mascot materialWaya is USC mascot materialWaya is USC mascot materialWaya is USC mascot materialWaya is USC mascot materialWaya is USC mascot materialWaya is USC mascot material

Uh size matters....that's all I have to say about that.
Waya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:39 PM   #10
Natalie83
Sweet Southern Pearl

Female

I am still not convinced on this size thing.... really.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:54 AM   #11
AR1
LOVEING IT MORE & MORE !

Female

CockyCash: 915500
AR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot materialAR1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I am still not convinced on this size thing.... really.
Size doesn't matter unless they know how to use it
Old 10-03-2009, 12:58 AM   #12
Natalie83
Sweet Southern Pearl

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Shot View Post
Size doesn't matter unless they know how to use it
I agree. It's how they use it not what they have.