CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Support > Hall of Fame

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Order 66
kingofnerf
Blitzkrieg
Regalcock
Flameout12
BarnyardBoss
Spur's Addiction
Captain9Dragons
AR1
Greyrooster
Can the Browns be sa (613)
Official 10/21 games (577)
Bye week VENT THREAD (386)
Alshon, Clowney & (254)
NFL: PANTHERS @ BEA (77)
What A Sight (72)
NFL: BENGALS @ STEEL (70)
NFL: FALCONS @ PATR (65)
NFL: BRONCOS @ CHARG (65)
NFL: REDSKINS @ EAGL (63)
Name a Gamecock
College Football 2017
Bye week VENT THREAD
What A Sight
POSSIBLY The Greatest Coa
Georgia State University
2018 WBB - Christyn Willi
2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
Can the Browns be salvage
Alshon, Clowney & DJ

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 01:14 PM   #1
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins
Default Open Poll - Greatest moments in W-B history

1. George Rogers -1979-1980 seasons, USC went 14-0 at home; 1st team All American in '79 and Heisman in '80.

2. Brad Edwards' interception return for a TD in 1987 vs. Clemson.

3. The night the whole stadium shook - 99yd KO return against FSU 1984

4. Hank Campbell stuffing UT's 2pt. conversion in 1992

5. USC 38 - USC 13

6. USC 73 - Wichita St. 0

7. "Roooooddddddddney.....Roooooodddddney"

8. Erik Kimrey's 4th down fade for a TD vs. Miss St. Kimry saying \"I can throw the fade coach\" and Holtz responding \"God Bless You Son.\" was great Gamecock folklore.

9. Throwing oranges on the field v. FSU in 1984

10. The UGA game in 2000 - after ending the 21 game skid, taking out Heisman contender Quincy and his Top 10 Bulldogs

11. 2001
12. "If it aint swayin, we aint playin"
13. Joe Morrison & his cigarettes

Last edited by CockyHoskins; 06-16-2005 at 10:04 AM..
Old 05-04-2005, 02:16 PM   #2
RoosterBooster
1st Team All-SEC

RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

Great list. I was in section 14 when Brad ran that one back. I can still see him coming. Brad and Hank get my vote.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:34 PM   #3
CockyHoskins

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material

Who was it that ran the fumble recovery back for something like 103 yards? I couldn't remember to add it to my list.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:53 AM   #4
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

CockyCash: 25500
snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

i was on the field, right on the sideline, maybe ten feet away from the spot where Hank Campbell made that play in the tenn. game. i was a reporter for the gamecock campus newspaper, and although you start off in the press area upstairs, for the last five minutes of the games, we were allowed to go down on the field, and stand on the sidelines. it was unbelievable!
but, i think the win over southern cal. was the best moment. the scoreboard listed us as \"The USC\"! it was great.
i was there for the kimery throw, to defeat msu, and it was unbelievable also. but i would have to say, that second place goes to the upset of top ten uga, and the murder of quincy carters heisman campaign! five, count them, five interceptions by the usc defense in that game. what a game. i was on the field for that one also, but this time i was working security, which i did every year until a couple of years ago, when i came overseas.
great topic CH! you start some of the best threads. i have thoroughly enjoyed my time at this site so far. i won't talk about the atmoshere of that other place...

Tact is for those who are not witty enough for Sarcasm...
Old 05-05-2005, 10:53 AM   #5
CockyHoskins

Male

Thanks.

I was in the executive club level (200 seats) for the UGA game. One of my real estate brokers was going on his honeymoon to Greece for 6 weeks. I got to see the first four games of the 2000 4-0 campaign from behind the glass with closed circuit TV with a drink in my hand. That is now my lifelong goal to get back to those seats.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:01 AM   #6
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

CockyCash: 25500
snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

yeah, it is nice. but, i still prefer working the game, being on the field, right next to the action, and collecting a \"C\"note in the process.

Tact is for those who are not witty enough for Sarcasm...
Old 06-16-2005, 08:52 AM   #7
Cocktane-Man
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Open Poll - Greatest moments in W-B history

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyhoskins
3. The night the whole stadium shook - 99yd KO return against FSU 1984
Old 06-16-2005, 09:33 AM   #8
2004USCalum
Walk On

2004USCalum has hatched from the shell

The only 3 I was there for was the 2000 UGa game, experiencing 2001, and Kimmrey's fade. However I am sure that the top 5 were great moments, but man I cannot imagine something more exciting than Kimmrey's fade!! Also, losing the 21 game streak and bringing down the goal posts and marching them to 5 pts!! Kimmreys fade has to be top 3 though!!
Old 06-16-2005, 08:06 PM   #9
mimsrb
Walk On

mimsrb has hatched from the shell

coming from behind and beating bama with the pass from petty to TE.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:44 PM   #10
buzzcock
Recruit

Male

buzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to buzzcock

FSU game in 1984

The Fade

Grantz running all over Klem's son 56-20 - 1975

All three were GREAT DAZE!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2005, 07:20 PM   #11
DutchForkDillon
Recruit

Male

DutchForkDillon is developing his combDutchForkDillon is developing his combDutchForkDillon is developing his combDutchForkDillon is developing his combDutchForkDillon is developing his combDutchForkDillon is developing his combDutchForkDillon is developing his combDutchForkDillon is developing his combDutchForkDillon is developing his comb

1975 Jeff Grantz & Co. 56-20 over Clemsux will always be my favorite, but

8. Erik Kimrey's 4th down fade for a TD vs. Miss St. Kimrey saying \"I can throw the fade coach\" and Holtz responding \"God Bless You Son.\" was great Gamecock folklore.

How can you ever forget this moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2005, 12:46 PM   #12
CockyHoskins

Male

I would have added 56-20 in my top 10, but it seemed to lose some fizzle IMO after a certain loss a couple years ago in Cola.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:15 PM   #13
gamecockdeke
Walk On

Male

gamecockdeke has hatched from the shell

i watched the fade game on tv and i will never forget how loud and insane the brice was coming through the tv. me and my friend were jumping up and down and screaming. although having been to many games over the years, i always seem to miss the ones we remember. however i was at the 'bama game in '01 , and when we took the lead w two minutes left, i have never been anywhere as loud- and ive seen ALOT of concerts.

Old 06-26-2005, 10:43 PM   #14
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPit

I think those are good, but the greatest are yet to come.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:43 AM   #15
CockRoche
ADIDAS

Male

CockyCash: 50600
CockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot material

I was listening on the radio when Kimrey threw his pass, and Me and my friends went wild. And the game against Quincy, in my opinion, changed his career. Look what he did before then and after. It seems to me he never was the same after that, like it destroyed his confidence forever.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:05 AM   #16
USCKEN
THE AzzKickinChicken

Male

Best USC Fan 2005: Award given to the best fan for 2005 - Given for: being voted the best USC fan of 2005 
CockyCash: 200
USCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot material

the come from behind victory over bama!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 11:24 AM   #17
NASCOCKFAN17
Walk On

Male

NASCOCKFAN17 has earned his spursNASCOCKFAN17 has earned his spursNASCOCKFAN17 has earned his spursNASCOCKFAN17 has earned his spursNASCOCKFAN17 has earned his spursNASCOCKFAN17 has earned his spurs

I don't remember what year it was but it was versus NC State and Sterling Sharpe ran the kickoff back for a TD, but it got called back and they had to redo the kickoff for some reason and he ran it back again!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 11:41 AM   #18
2004USCalum
Walk On

2004USCalum has hatched from the shell

No doubt the fade was it! Man it was BOOMING, I was in the student section and was going CRAZY!! It was amazing, I could only imagine the girls dude got after that!
Old 07-15-2005, 07:30 AM   #19
Lil Jerry Seinfeld
The One and Only

Male

Lil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudly

I think we have to include the Arkansas & Bama come from behind victories.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:06 AM   #20
Slacker USC
OG

Male

CockyCash: 705
Slacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot materialSlacker USC is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Slacker USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCKEN
the come from behind victory over bama!!!

Absolutely... Maybe not the greatest moment ever...but definately the greatest game of my college experience. Coming from two TD's down with 8 minutes to go to tearing down the "indestructible" goalposts that were installed after the 2000 season and beating Bama for the first time ever. Still puts a smile on my face when I think about it.
Closed Thread