CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Support > Hall of Fame

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GuyInTheGreenHouse
carolina_corpsman
Spur's Addiction
Captain9Dragons
thekob
Ace Dilcock
Spurticus
TastyLicks
JerseyBird
Master Bedroom
2017 SEC Tournament: (1783)
What jumps out at yo (728)
Music Thread: Day 15 (441)
Sedee Keita to trans (434)
Baseball: South Caro (139)
2 Football Tickets f (13)
Game time set for NC Stat
2017 SEC Tournament:**USC
2018 Commitment - Maxwell
2018 - Josh Vann
2018 - Matthew Hill
2018 - Stephon Wynn
Lindy's and Athlon's are
Sedee Keita to transfer
2 Football Tickets for Ev
Anyone know where I can b

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 02:16 PM   #21
dshocker
THIS SPACE FOR RENT!

Male

CockyCash: 200
dshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to dshocker Send a message via MSN to dshocker
Default Re: Open Poll - Greatest moments in W-B history

The Edwards interception is one of my earliest Gamecock memories. That will always have to be on the top of my list. The crowd was awesome!

Since then, I think I will say Kimrey. I get chill bumps just think about it. That one play bonafide his four scholarship years!

BTW...All time USC moment would be beating UK at home in 97. I was living at Whaley's Mill at the time. What a party!

Man, I am going on a rant now. Do I really have to wait 47d17h12m?
Old 08-16-2005, 10:21 AM   #22
halfcocked
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
halfcocked is developing his combhalfcocked is developing his combhalfcocked is developing his combhalfcocked is developing his combhalfcocked is developing his combhalfcocked is developing his combhalfcocked is developing his combhalfcocked is developing his combhalfcocked is developing his comb

Trafford catch

The Fade
Old 08-16-2005, 10:31 AM   #23
TheSpurOf2001
Dueling Groundhogs FTW

Male

CockyCash: 200
TheSpurOf2001 is crowing loudlyTheSpurOf2001 is crowing loudlyTheSpurOf2001 is crowing loudlyTheSpurOf2001 is crowing loudlyTheSpurOf2001 is crowing loudlyTheSpurOf2001 is crowing loudlyTheSpurOf2001 is crowing loudlyTheSpurOf2001 is crowing loudlyTheSpurOf2001 is crowing loudlyTheSpurOf2001 is crowing loudlyTheSpurOf2001 is crowing loudly

You cannot forget Troy's 99 yard touchdown reception against Virginia in '03 that busted the game wide open for us. He showcased his untouchable speed after the catch on that quick slant.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:56 PM   #24
halfcocked
Walk On

Male

halfcocked is developing his combhalfcocked is developing his combhalfcocked is developing his combhalfcocked is developing his combhalfcocked is developing his combhalfcocked is developing his combhalfcocked is developing his combhalfcocked is developing his combhalfcocked is developing his comb

Kimrey Fade
2001 of the blackout game
Clemson 1987
FSU Kick Off return
Hank Campbell stuff against UT
Old 09-14-2005, 03:00 PM   #25
halfcocked
Walk On

Male

And this one (in honor of Bama this week)

Trafford catch
Old 03-07-2006, 09:34 PM   #26
Spur
Household Name

Male

Best Football Thread: Award given for starting the best football related thread - Given for: starting the best football thread of 2005 (post pics that get you excited) Non-Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best non-football related poster - Given for: being voted the best non-football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 513
Spur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot material

Bump
Old 03-08-2006, 09:38 AM   #27
Blitzer
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 300
Blitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudly

Harry Skipper had the 103 yard fumble return. 1979 or 80 I think.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:43 AM   #28
Blitzer
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 300
Blitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudlyBlitzer is crowing loudly

The long pass Mike Hold to Ira Hillary late in the UGA game in 1984 will always stand out in my mind. That play won the game that gave us the confidence and momentum going forward in what would be the best season we have had (so far).

Last edited by Blitzer; 03-08-2006 at 10:28 AM..
Old 03-08-2006, 10:22 AM   #29
SangareeCrew
Berkeley County Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 2248
SangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot material

I have got to stick with the Bama game from 01....what a comeback and what a party!!!

Also, the 00 UGA, 00 Miss St, and 03 UVA games stand out as far as recent W/B memories.....
Old 05-12-2006, 11:24 AM   #30
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins
Default Greatest moment in WB history

There has been a lot of talk about "That was the loudest I have ever heard Williams-Brice", etc. Which got me thinking... what is the greatest moments ever at the WB? Here is mine:

1. 2001 - 'Nuff said!
2. George Rogers -1979-1980 seasons, USC went 14-0 at home; 1st team All American in '79 and Heisman in '80.
3. Clemson game 1987-Brad Edwards' interception return for a TD
4. The night the whole stadium shook - 99yd KO return against FSU 1984. Throwing oranges on the field. Seven interceptions.
5. THE USC 38 - SoCal 13
6. Hank Campbell stuffing UT's 2pt. conversion in 1992
7. "Roooooddddddddney.....Roooooodddddney"
8. Erik Kimrey's 4th down fade for a TD vs. Miss St. Kimry saying "I can throw the fade coach" and Holtz responding "God Bless You Son".
9. Grantz running all over Clemson 56-20 - (1975)
10. The UGA game in 2000 - after ending the 21 game skid, taking out Heisman contender Quincy and his Top 10 Bulldogs
12. Come from behind over Alabama 37-36
13. USC 73 - Wichita St. 0
14. Joe Morrison smoking his cigarettes

"If it aint swayin, we aint playin"
Old 05-12-2006, 11:41 AM   #31
SangareeCrew
Berkeley County Gamecock

Male

SangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot material
Default Re: Greatest moment in WB history

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyhoskins
There has been a lot of talk about "That was the loudest I have ever heard Williams-Brice", etc. Which got me thinking... what is the greatest moments ever at the WB? Here is mine:

1. 2001 - 'Nuff said!
2. George Rogers -1979-1980 seasons, USC went 14-0 at home; 1st team All American in '79 and Heisman in '80.
3. Clemson game 1987-Brad Edwards' interception return for a TD
4. The night the whole stadium shook - 99yd KO return against FSU 1984. Throwing oranges on the field. Seven interceptions.
5. THE USC 38 - SoCal 13
6. Hank Campbell stuffing UT's 2pt. conversion in 1992
7. "Roooooddddddddney.....Roooooodddddney"
8. Erik Kimrey's 4th down fade for a TD vs. Miss St. Kimry saying "I can throw the fade coach" and Holtz responding "God Bless You Son".
9. Grantz running all over Clemson 56-20 - (1975)
10. The UGA game in 2000 - after ending the 21 game skid, taking out Heisman contender Quincy and his Top 10 Bulldogs
12. Come from behind over Alabama 37-36
13. USC 73 - Wichita St. 0
14. Joe Morrison smoking his cigarettes

"If it aint swayin, we aint playin"
Billy Brice was LOUD when we beat Bama back in 2001......

LOUD during this year's UF game.....

LOUD during the 04 UGA game (at least for the first half)

Still the loudest I can remember was the FADE in 2000 against MSU.

I wasn't in person for the 87 Clemmons game, but I remember on the radio it sounded like the place was about to EXPLODE!!
Old 05-12-2006, 12:11 PM   #32
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

come from behind win against bama was awesome. but this past years florida game was the greatest. the upper east stands were actually swayin side to side a lil. the gator clap as the UF fans left. man it was so loud. i had been up for 30+ hours cause i had partied the night before but i was wide awake for that game.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #33
gamecockfootball09
4-Star

Male

gamecockfootball09 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball09 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball09 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball09 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball09 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball09 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball09 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball09 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball09 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball09 rules the CockPitgamecockfootball09 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to gamecockfootball09

yeah definitely the gator clap of last year is the greatest moment in WB history
Old 05-12-2006, 12:42 PM   #34
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockfootball09
yeah definitely the gator clap of last year is the greatest moment in WB history
You mean this Gator clap!

Old 05-12-2006, 12:58 PM   #35
SNEEZ
Weapon of Mass Disruption

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 24013420
SNEEZ is USC mascot materialSNEEZ is USC mascot materialSNEEZ is USC mascot materialSNEEZ is USC mascot materialSNEEZ is USC mascot materialSNEEZ is USC mascot materialSNEEZ is USC mascot materialSNEEZ is USC mascot materialSNEEZ is USC mascot materialSNEEZ is USC mascot materialSNEEZ is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to SNEEZ

GATOR CLAP!!
Old 05-12-2006, 04:03 PM   #36
Spurrier 'Em
Recruit

Male

Spurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudly

The Gator Clap HAS to be one of my favorite moments at the Brice...
The fade was simply amazing...
The comeback 37-36 win over Bama...
The wins over NMSU (SHUTOUT) to end the 21 game losing streak and then the win over UGA to end what I believe was an 18 game SEC losing streak...(ending Carters Heisman run was just the icing on the cake)
I loved watching the 77-14 dismantling of Kent State in '95...
Troy Williamsons 99 yard reception against #15 UVA in a 31-7 beating...
Noah Whitesides 49 yard TD reception to open up the Spurrier Era...

Can't wait to add a few more to the list after '06
Old 05-12-2006, 04:04 PM   #37
theuscerock
WAD SQUAD

Male

NCAA Bracket 3rd Place: Given for NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: NCAA Bracket Challenge 
theuscerock is USC mascot materialtheuscerock is USC mascot materialtheuscerock is USC mascot materialtheuscerock is USC mascot materialtheuscerock is USC mascot materialtheuscerock is USC mascot materialtheuscerock is USC mascot materialtheuscerock is USC mascot materialtheuscerock is USC mascot materialtheuscerock is USC mascot materialtheuscerock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to theuscerock

that was on of the worst videos i've ever shot, but one of the greatest moments! sure wish it wasnt on my digital camera....but still great times

but i would have to add to the list...
Troy's 99 yard reception against UVA, the goalposts of 2000, Black Magic, 2001 on ESPN before the black out game, the 3rd Down Rooster Crow
Old 05-12-2006, 04:43 PM   #38
TheGamecock
4-Star

Male

TheGamecock is developing his combTheGamecock is developing his combTheGamecock is developing his combTheGamecock is developing his combTheGamecock is developing his combTheGamecock is developing his combTheGamecock is developing his combTheGamecock is developing his combTheGamecock is developing his comb

This years FL game was loud and I don't think I have ever screamed that loud for that long in my life. But the '00 MSU game after "the fade" was as loud as I have ever heard WB. I will never forget looking up at that scoreboard after the game and it flashing 5-0.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:46 PM   #39
SangareeCrew
Berkeley County Gamecock

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamecock
This years FL game was loud and I don't think I have ever screamed that loud for that long in my life. But the '00 MSU game after "the fade" was as loud as I have ever heard WB. I will never forget looking up at that scoreboard after the game and it flashing 5-0.
We were 4-0 after the fade, then lost to Bama the next week.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:05 PM   #40
McLovin
Recruit

Male

McLovin rules the CockPitMcLovin rules the CockPitMcLovin rules the CockPitMcLovin rules the CockPitMcLovin rules the CockPitMcLovin rules the CockPitMcLovin rules the CockPitMcLovin rules the CockPitMcLovin rules the CockPitMcLovin rules the CockPitMcLovin rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to McLovin

Yeah I'm not as fortunate as you cats that are able to remember the years of big George, but I would have to say that in my experiences, the fade against MSU, the UF win last year, 2001 in 2001 against UF, and the Bama win, have been the most memorable for me.