CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Support > Hall of Fame

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MountainCock
Captain9Dragons
Gamecocks1137
kick_ball
Three and Out
GregoryHouse
Ace Dilcock
sc455
Blitzkrieg
GuyInTheGreenHouse
Lattimore vs. McFadd (342)
Season parking selec (261)
We Don't Use Star Ra (229)
Looking for prayers (4)
Dozier Signs With the Lak
We Don't Use Star Ratings
Tim Tebow coming to South
2018 - Stephon Wynn
Men's team next season
Lattimore vs. McFadden
Official Baseball Coachin
Football team at Fort Jac
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Football Ops Center updat

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 05:10 PM   #41
tptgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 501
tptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Greatest moment in WB history

Ironic!! I had been thinking about this today. I have been going to the Brice since 71.

1) The loudest I have ever heard our stadium was when Bryant Guillard intercepted after the 99 year ko return in 84. The place went bonkers at that moment.

2) In second place for me was Brad Edward pic and return for 6 in 87 against Clemson

3) was Ryan BEthea's catch and run in the 87 Clemson game

4) Ko Simpson pic 6 in 04

5) The miracle against Miss State in 2000

There have been others but those are my memories. The Florida game was very loud this year and so was UT in 92. The Georgia game from 2000 and of course the Southern Cal game from 83. There have been many happy moments in our stadiums history. I am looking forward to many more.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:29 PM   #42
gamecox74
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
gamecox74 is crowing loudlygamecox74 is crowing loudlygamecox74 is crowing loudlygamecox74 is crowing loudlygamecox74 is crowing loudlygamecox74 is crowing loudlygamecox74 is crowing loudlygamecox74 is crowing loudlygamecox74 is crowing loudlygamecox74 is crowing loudlygamecox74 is crowing loudly

This a GREAT thread. I didn't miss a home game for 32+ years and there are to many to recall. When Big George was there, he was just a sure thing. I'm going to have to sit down and think about this, but a GREAT read guys. Thanks for the memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2006, 07:21 PM   #43
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPit

I was not there for a lot of those, but the 2000 GA game was unbelievable. I went down with the nuts and touched the goal posts for awhile after they were torn from the ground. I have some great pics from that game.

If you type in all caps I am not reading your post. Simple as that.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:38 PM   #44
Spur
Household Name

Male

Best Football Thread: Award given for starting the best football related thread - Given for: starting the best football thread of 2005 (post pics that get you excited) Non-Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best non-football related poster - Given for: being voted the best non-football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 513
Spur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot material

2000 UGA/USC bar none for me
Old 09-29-2006, 03:38 PM   #45
Jleo
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Jleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPit
Default Re: Open Poll - Greatest moments in W-B history

Just joined. Nice idea for a thread.

During last nights Auburn game, I was reminded of the Miiss St game, but couldn't remember the name of the greatest second string quarterback in SC history. I did a google search for "I can throw the fade, coach." Apparently, he's the only person to have ever uttered those exact words.

I'll have to cast my vote for the Miss St. game because I was there, and my head almost exploded when it happened. It was quite possibly the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:39 PM   #46
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins

Welcome to the board!
Old 09-29-2006, 03:40 PM   #47
RealFan
Walk On

Male

RealFan has earned his spursRealFan has earned his spursRealFan has earned his spursRealFan has earned his spursRealFan has earned his spursRealFan has earned his spurs

12. "If it aint swayin, we aint playin"
Old 09-29-2006, 03:41 PM   #48
cockyPI1
Walk On

Male

cockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudly

i was not at the game but i cant imagine any game being better than last years game with FLA. That was awsome...
Old 09-29-2006, 03:43 PM   #49
cockyPI1
Walk On

Male

cockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jleo
Just joined. Nice idea for a thread.

During last nights Auburn game, I was reminded of the Miiss St game, but couldn't remember the name of the greatest second string quarterback in SC history. I did a google search for "I can throw the fade, coach." Apparently, he's the only person to have ever uttered those exact words.

I'll have to cast my vote for the Miss St. game because I was there, and my head almost exploded when it happened. It was quite possibly the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed.
His name was Eric Kimerly..
Old 09-29-2006, 03:44 PM   #50
OcalaCockFan
Recruit

Male

OcalaCockFan is USC mascot materialOcalaCockFan is USC mascot materialOcalaCockFan is USC mascot materialOcalaCockFan is USC mascot materialOcalaCockFan is USC mascot materialOcalaCockFan is USC mascot materialOcalaCockFan is USC mascot materialOcalaCockFan is USC mascot materialOcalaCockFan is USC mascot materialOcalaCockFan is USC mascot materialOcalaCockFan is USC mascot material

Welcome jleo
Old 09-29-2006, 04:00 PM   #51
RHHS8068
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 51477
RHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPit

Good ones, all, here.

Here are a few more that fly under the radar.

1. Big George flattening the NCSU DB in 80.

2. Putting out 3, count 'em 3, NCSU QBs in 87.

3. Beating Ole Miss 18-17 in 79 after being down ~17-6 late in the 4th quarter. Unfortunately, most folks had given up and left. There weren't 25K (Remember, we only held 56K then) left to see the win.

4. Beating Clemson 32-20 in 73. My first Clemson game.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:04 PM   #52
gamecockbythesea
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 266
gamecockbythesea is developing his combgamecockbythesea is developing his combgamecockbythesea is developing his combgamecockbythesea is developing his combgamecockbythesea is developing his combgamecockbythesea is developing his combgamecockbythesea is developing his combgamecockbythesea is developing his comb

Quote:
The night the whole stadium shook - 99yd KO return against FSU 1984
I was in the 9th grade and it was the only time I've ever seen my father look scared...which to a 9th grader, almost made me cry.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:11 PM   #53
bhall
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1500882722
bhall is USC mascot materialbhall is USC mascot materialbhall is USC mascot materialbhall is USC mascot materialbhall is USC mascot materialbhall is USC mascot materialbhall is USC mascot materialbhall is USC mascot materialbhall is USC mascot materialbhall is USC mascot materialbhall is USC mascot material

Someone tell me about the "night the stadium shook" in '84. Never heard about that one, I don't think.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:08 PM   #54
gamecockgal
KEEP CALM AND HAIL HYDRA!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

I dunno.. I think when Tanneyhill signed his name on the Tiger paw in Dead Valley!! That was GREAT!!!!!

EDIT: AWESOME!! this is post #1234!!!!! HAHHAA!!
Old 09-29-2006, 07:08 PM   #55
doccock
Super Doc

Male

doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

Ch, you have to put the 75 game in because it was the biggest beating we ever put on Clem, and it led directly to their cheating scandel and subsequent NC in 81.

Another great highlight wasn't even a game. It was the 61 Sigma Nu fake Clemson stunt. Probably the funniest thing ever seen or done in a FB stadium.
doc
Old 09-29-2006, 10:12 PM   #56
Poxx
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 666
Poxx has developed his gaff and talonsPoxx has developed his gaff and talonsPoxx has developed his gaff and talonsPoxx has developed his gaff and talonsPoxx has developed his gaff and talonsPoxx has developed his gaff and talonsPoxx has developed his gaff and talonsPoxx has developed his gaff and talonsPoxx has developed his gaff and talonsPoxx has developed his gaff and talonsPoxx has developed his gaff and talons

I was at all of the games in 87 and 88 (Unfortunately, I dropped out of school in '88). I have only been able to make it back to 1 other game in Columbia since (Kentucky, Thursday night game a few years ago).

I remember 2 things about the '87 clempson game :
1. Brad Edwards return for TD
2. "ROOOODNNNEEEEYYYYYY".... 80,000 people taunting you like that HAD to be unsettling. It was LOUD.
The rest was a huge blur, other than the 20-7 score. Great night, that was. From what I remember anyway.

I was looking back at the games from 87 and 88.. and I realized that I have only ever seen Carolina lose one time Live (that friggin FSU game in '88, Man did that one suck). Carolina is like 12-1 or so with me in the stands- I need to go to more games, dammit.

Ryan Bethea and Sterling Sharpe.. what a great pair of recievers- no wonder Ellis put up so many records back then.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:28 PM   #57
RHHS8068
Two Deep

Male

RHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPitRHHS8068 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhall
Someone tell me about the "night the stadium shook" in '84. Never heard about that one, I don't think.
I think he's talking about the 84 FSU game, but the stadium was fixed in the 83 season.

What happened was we decked the East side after the 81 season, but stupidly fired Carlen and hired Bell. While a good assistant, Bell was a poor head coach. We stunk in 82 and had nothing to get excited about the whole season.

Morrison came to town in 83. His first big home win was Southern Cal. This was also the first time the East upper deck had been full of people jumping up and down going crazy.

The East deck was built later and differently from the West side. The East side was designed to allow deflection to reduce stress, but they got more deflection than they expected. ~+/- 2" for a total movement of about 4" in some places. That's a lot if your standing up in the upper deck.

It alarmed a lot of people. The engineers claimed it was safe, but were afraid students would try to coordinate their jumping to make it sway. At the very least, somebody was bound to fall at some point and blame it on the stadium instead of the case they had drunk before the game, so they went in and install shock absorbers to reduce to sway.

It was after the Southern Cal game that the bumper sticker, "If It Ain't Swayin', We Ain't Playin'" came out.

Two other bumper stickers came out that year. First, we lost a lot of close games that year. NCSU was also on a bad call. So going into the 84 season, there were a lot of "Payback is Hell" stickers. And was it ever in 84. Also, we ripped up the turf after the 83 season and came out with the "Kickin' Ass on Natural Grass" sticker.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:30 PM   #58
RHHS8068
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccock
Ch, you have to put the 75 game in because it was the biggest beating we ever put on Clem, and it led directly to their cheating scandel and subsequent NC in 81.

Another great highlight wasn't even a game. It was the 61 Sigma Nu fake Clemson stunt. Probably the funniest thing ever seen or done in a FB stadium.
doc
Also, I don't believe any one has mentioned the 69 Clemson game. I don't remember it, but we won the ACC that day.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:58 PM   #59
Gamerooster
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Gamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot material

I'm bringing back an old thread, but maybe we can get consensus on a good list for that wiki thing. I think the '75 Clemson game should be on the list but 1969 would also be good. Not only was it a win over Clemson but we finished the year 6-0 in the Acc. The 1979 game was one of the most exciting Clemson games I remember. That win gave us 8 wins in a season for the first time since 1903.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:22 PM   #60
tptgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 501
tptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot materialtptgamecock is USC mascot material

There are a lot. But, for me there are two games both from 84 that stick out. First the Georgia game when Hold connected with Ira Hillary in the 4th quarter and we won 17-10. But, the loudest I have ever heard the Brice was against FSU that year. We had just returned the opening kick off of the second half. The stadium was buzzing when FSU threw an interception to Bryant Gulliard. The place almost exploded!! those were the days. The man in black, fireant defense and some of the most incredible come backs I can remember!!
Closed Thread