CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > Hen House

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
LBC
Captain9Dragons
Blitzkrieg
sandstorm2001
EAtMoRTaYtErz
SanAntonioCock
AR1
spurrierismyhomeboy
2000grad
Don't Sleep: Most Un (719)
29 year old woman fo (414)
Where to find the be (358)
Gary DeCarlo Dead (239)
SEC Media Days: 10-1 (142)
Ask Your Questions (122)
Sources: Kevin O'Sul (75)
Official Baseball Coachin
SEC Media Days: 10-13 Jul
Ask Your Questions
Rumor: Kevin O' Sullivan
The Road to the Final Fou
2018 Commitment - Dantrel
Things I Wish For In Our
Leota transferring
We Don't Use Star Ratings
Grand Theft Auto V

Old 01-19-2010, 05:11 AM   #1
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material
Default Quick Trim Diet System Marketed by the Kardashian Sisters

Has anybody ever tried this diet system or know anybody that has? Kim and Khloe Kardashian are celebrity promoters for this product and claim they've lost alot of weight. I say "whatever". I've been reading some reviews and most people said they had luck with the 14-day program, but not the 48 hour one, so I was wondering if any of you have tried it. Have you tried any type of diet program that included meds/pills, not necessarily this particular one?

I know that exercising & nutrition is a big part of a successful diet program. I don't have that 20 or 30 year old metabolism I used to have and since I've had spine surgery in Feb. and March 2009, I haven't yet been cleared to do alot of exercises, but would love to lose some weight. I know that I'm supposed to eat several small meals a day and drink alot of water. I've done this and it doesn't work too well for me because I end up getting hungry later in the day and want to eat too much at night when the bulk of my calories should be consumed during the day.

I got Wii Fit Plus for Christmas and I'll be getting that hooked up soon and will start doing some of those exercises and hoping that will help. I was just wondering if this Quick Trim (or any other program) is a good supplement to boost weight loss? Thanks for your help.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
palmettogirlusc
Resident Fashion Expert

Female

Avatar: Award given for the best avatar - Given for: having the best avatar of 2005 
CockyCash: 99987
palmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot material
Default Re: Quick Trim Diet System Marketed by the Kardashian Sisters

i have tried a few different ones (trimspa, hydroxycut, mega-t). my view on those are that they aren't gonna do jack crap unless you put the diet and exercise to work with them. I'm 24, and my metabolism has come to a screeching halt in the past few years. I'm not sure if you take vitamins or not, but in the past week I have started taking Womens One a Days-Active Metabolism. It does have 150mg of caffiene, but it also has some ingredients that help your metabolism boost up. And so far so good. I don't really like scales, but I can tell you that i feel more active and more energetic. But i have the sudden urge to eat better.

However I did learn a lesson this morning. Don't take any vitamin without eating. I ended up getting sick.

palmettogirlusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #3
c-girl
51 and proud of it!

Female

CockyCash: 79300000
c-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot material

Mel - bottom line from everything I have read over the years is that if they sell it on TV, it's crap. Some of this stuff has caused major harm to people. The way the law is now they can call it a "supplement" & it will not require testing or approvals for safety before putting it on the market.

As for me I am getting B-12 injections & taking mega vitamin D (50K/week) per Dr's orders after bloodwork showed I was low.

I am feeling much, much better!
c-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
palmettogirlusc
Resident Fashion Expert

Female

Avatar: Award given for the best avatar - Given for: having the best avatar of 2005 
CockyCash: 99987
palmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot material

I know a lot of people who take the b-12 shots, and it really helps your metabolism too!

if you choose to do any of these supplements do a lot of research, read stories, ask your dr, and remember that what works for one person can be detrimental to the next.

palmettogirlusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:13 AM   #5
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Thanks for the answers. I can't do alot of exercising right now due to the spine surgery that I had a year ago. I still cannot run, but I can swim - I just don't have a pool to go to until my neighborhood pool opens in May. I'll try the women's vitamins and see if that helps. I had a friend that went to one of those quick weight-loss centers many years ago and they gave her Vitamin B shots and she lost alot of weight. I'd like to lose some weight before July - my husband's company is paying for us to go on a week long vacation and we can go anywhere we want to go. I'd love to go someplace like St. Croix. St. Lucia or Barbados, but I want to be thinner before I go.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote